Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules MK4 Effects/Loop toggle issue

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

903djPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I just upgraded my VDJ6.2 LE to VDJ Pro 7. It's been a while since I've messed with this, but I don't recall it being an issue before with LE or the 30 day trial version.

Here's a scenario:

Track loaded and playing on Deck A with at least one cue point.
PFL selected on Deck A
If I hit the button to switch between effects and loops it makes the switch but will also move the track to the cue point and continue playing from the cue. If I hit it again it goes back to the previous point the song was playing before it jumped to the cue point. If the PFL isn't selected for the Deck playing it toggles effects/loops like it's suppose to.

Any ideas why it's also triggering my cue point? I tried changing my mapping back to default and but that didn't change my results.

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 4:40 pm
Just realized that if the track loaded on either deck has a cue point that hitting the toggle for effects/loops will start playing the track from the cue point on the deck side that has the PFL selected. Very strange.

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 5:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed its strange.
The button that toggles between the Effects and Loops is a Hardware button, so there is no action assigned to cause this issue.
However, please try to make a clean installation of the software by following this .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20perform%20a%20clean%20re-installation%20of%20the%20software.html

It is advised to update the dirvers of the MK4 from here.. http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2012_HDJS_6.exe

Also make sure that no files are present in VirtualDJ\Mappers and VirtualDJ\Devices folder.

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 5:04 pm
Will the reinstall cause me to loose any added plugins (i.e. effects)? Can I save them and then put them back? The Device folder is empty, but my Mappers folder has mapping.xml files for keyboard, mk4, and my akai lpd8. Should I move those files to keep from loosing my custom mappings?

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 5:15 pm
I uninstalled VDJ in Add/Remove Programs. Then when I tried to use the Registry Tool it says "Software not found. You have to install the DJ Software first."

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 9:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Backup the mappers you had in the Mappers folder and empty the VirtualDJ/Mappers folder.
It is suggested to backup the entire MyDocuments\VirtualDJ folder to a safe place.

Since you have removed VirtualDJ, install the software again. Serial will be asked. Dont restore your VirtualDJ folder. Launch the software and see if the issue you had is resolved now.

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 9:53 pm
Thanks djdad. After uninstalling VDJ LE and Pro, removing VDJ files in My Documents I reinstalled VDJ Pro. The loop/effects toggle started working properly. I copied my mapping back to the mappers directory that I had backed up and everything seems to be back to normal. Hopefully I'll be able to copy my akai lpd8 mapping back and it work as well.

Thanks again!!

geposted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 11:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)