Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mic not working with VDJ/Ergo

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Apologies if this post is in the wrong area.

The issue Im having is Im trying to use a GemSound GMB-61 dual wireless mic system and Im running a quarter inch from its output aux to the mic input on the back of my Ergo, however when I play music, I cannot hear anything from my voice.

Keep in mind, there is nothing going into the masters to the Ergo, so Im not running any PA's or speakers. Im simply running a mic wire going from the ergo to my laptop to play the music.

Could this be the issue as to why the microphone isnt working? Do I need to plug in speakers or a PA to the master input in order to hear myself? If this is the case, how can my voice carry over to the laptop? What I want to do is broadcast my music from the ergo to the laptop using Ustream, which is what Ive been doing, but Id like to use a mic system as well so I can talk over my music when need to and have listerns here my voice as well.

Any help would be great. Im sure its a simple measure of adjusting some settings, but I cannot seem to figure out where to go to adjust them. Thanks.

OS Im using is Windows 7 on an Asus laptop

geposted Wed 01 May 13 @ 3:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please follow the Sound Setup from this page.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DDJ-ERGO.html

However the LE version may not allow you to use the MIC as Inputs. (in the Sound Setup), which is essential for the MIC to work. There could a limitation of the LE version.
Let us know about your findings.

geposted Thu 02 May 13 @ 4:15 pm
Hello and thanks for the reply,

Ok, the setup is already setup like below, and I can hear myself IF I click on AUX, BUT it mutes the audio if I do this. If I click AUX again, I can't hear myself and the audio becomes unmuted.

I connected up a speaker to the Ergo, and I cant hear myself unless I click on AUX as well.

Inputs: MIC
Ouputs: Headphones (Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4)
Sound card (PC): ASIO - Pioneer DDJ ASIO (from the drop-down menu)
Sound card (Mac): 4-out card - Pioneer DDJ ERGO (from the drop-down menu)

Click APPLY.
========================

Is this the only way I will be able to use the mic is by clicking AUX?? I'd like to see about using the mic WHILE the music is playing if possible. Is there a way to change a setting to this??

geposted Thu 02 May 13 @ 8:38 pm
NOTICE:
1. "DDJ ergo V" has 4 channels...
2. When you click AUX, you make the channel... a MIC channel... So, NO AUDIO... Only the mic...
3. If you have the fader of this channel down, then the mic volume is down. Everything on this channel is about mic.
4. MIC is going to be low_volume because it needs a pre-amp.
5. Here is an example that I use sometimes...
Channel 1: For Songs
Channel 2: For songs
Channel 3 (AUX pressed): For MIC...
Channel 4: useless

When I want to speak, I go to channel 3... Volume it up... and Speak!

geposted Tue 07 May 13 @ 1:01 pm
Savasavram wrote :
NOTICE:
1. "DDJ ergo V" has 4 channels...
2. When you click AUX, you make the channel... a MIC channel... So, NO AUDIO... Only the mic...
3. If you have the fader of this channel down, then the mic volume is down. Everything on this channel is about mic.
4. MIC is going to be low_volume because it needs a pre-amp.
5. Here is an example that I use sometimes...
Channel 1: For Songs
Channel 2: For songs
Channel 3 (AUX pressed): For MIC...
Channel 4: useless

When I want to speak, I go to channel 3... Volume it up... and Speak!

Thank you so much for this info. Yah I figured it was something simple that I just need to adjust to make the music's volume balance out with the mic, but with what you told me (and I don't mean to sound like a complete noob idiot), what do you mean by channels 1,2,3,4 and turning the volume up when talking in channel 3?

The fader I have on the Ergo moves left and right, not up and down, so I have no clue what your talking about there, so I guess my real question is, what do you mean by channels 1,2,3,4? The way I see my Ergo is by using 2 sides out of A,B,C,D. I use A for the left side CDJ wheel, and B on the right side to load a 2nd audio track. I know I have a C side and D side. Are these what you are calling channels?

Sorry to sound such like a noob but Im still trying to learn my Ergo a bit here.

geposted Tue 07 May 13 @ 10:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)