Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Random BPM shifting in VDJ 7

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

gevanoHome userMember since 2013
Dear all,

I have been using VDJ now for about 2 weeks and I'm still experiencing the same problem, which is that whenever I'm mixing 2 tracks and I try to sync them, it's syncing properly for a few moments and then suddenly out of nowhere it randomly highens or lowers the BPM, which you can also hear it doing.
I have this with nearly every track, all my settings are at default and I tried some different settings but I can't seem to figure it out. I have also searched alot on the forums and can't find a solution to this problem.
I figure it must be something silly like a setting that I overlooked or something.
Basically what I want is that VirtualDJ doesn't interfere with whatever BPM/Pitching I prefer EXCEPT when I press the sync button. Also that when I press the sync button it stays synced like when I just pressed sync.

I am using a Gemini CNTRL-7.

I really hope someone can help me with this, it's getting quite frustrating.. I only have this problem with VDJ and not with Traktor for example.

Kind regards

geposted Sat 11 May 13 @ 8:00 am
Update: What it's also doing is the playing track is already copying the BPM of the song that I just loaded on the different deck, so when a song is playing at Deck A at 124 BPM and I load a track at deck B which has 127 BPM, whilst I'm not playing it yet, the song in Deck A randomly suddenly shifts to 127 BPM (not pressing sync or whatever).

geposted Sat 11 May 13 @ 9:52 am
Gevano,

I have had this issue ever since I bought a new laptop, no one at Virtual has been able to figure it out, and it really sucks when it happens LIVE at a gig too!

I will have a song at 130 bpm playing, and cue up a hip-hop track at 75-80 bpm for example and all of a sudden the playing 130 bpm track changes to 75 bpm, and sounds like Barry White singing techno or something.

Never happened with my old laptop. I bought a brand new, way more powerful, and faster laptop, and have had the issue ever since. Over a year now.

I really do hope you get a response that will help us both fix the issue.

geposted Sat 11 May 13 @ 11:49 pm
& by the way I rarely ever use the "sync" button, so that has nothing to do with my issue. My problem happens the second the cue song loads completely in the other deck.

geposted Sat 11 May 13 @ 11:52 pm
If you guys read the manual, you'd realise that what you're experiencing is actually a feature (yeah I know it's weird!) and can be turned off with a simple visit to config.

geposted Sun 12 May 13 @ 4:12 am
Thanks for the replies!

Buying a whole new laptop for this issue seems a bith harsh.. especially because my laptop easily meets the recommended requirements and on full load + recording on Virtual DJ my computer temps also stay very nice and decent. It's not stressing or whatever.

@Groovindj, do you mind sharing that specific feature ;)? If you mean smart play I have already turned this off. All the other options I have searched through thoroughly and also read the entire manual. Maybe I overlooked.

geposted Sun 12 May 13 @ 4:52 am

geposted Sun 12 May 13 @ 8:09 am
Thanks for the reply, doesn't solve it unfortunatly..

geposted Sun 12 May 13 @ 3:36 pm
goto CONFIG - OPTIONS....

PITCH RESET ON LOAD "ENABLED"

DISENGAGE BEATLOCK "ON LOAD"

geposted Mon 13 May 13 @ 1:03 am
I am experiencing a problem with VDJ7. I get two tracks synced and they stay synced unless I loop them. On every loop, I can observe one of the tracks shifting just slightly.

It shifts a bit on each loop until it's out of sync. It only happens on looping mode and has only started happening since I upgraded.

I didn't experience this with VDJ6 and and tracks I know sync and loop together suddenly are drifting. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't changed anything else in my setup between VDJ6 & 7.

Thanks

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 7:26 am
Thanks "Groovin" for your sarcastic & condescending answer, but ..... my issue is not a RTFM problem!!!

I have tried all your suggestions in the link, as well as, the other suggestions here in this thread. NONE....I repeat NONE of them have worked!

I have even had a tech from VDJ (a while back when v7 was 1st released) do remote assist on my machine and could not find anything.

So before firing off at a 20+ year Veteran DJ like I'm little Joey in my bedroom playing the latest illegal torrent downloads for $50/night......maybe try helping a fellow professional DJ.

It seems as though this industry is full of non-helpful unprofessional haters!!!!

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 12:55 am
Could someone from VDJ that knows PLEASE help here, this is really getting to be a tremendous PIA. I do not want to make another software switch.

It only seems to happen when I am doing a drastic BPM transition, like playing a 130bpm song and cueing a 80bpm song. When the pitch slider is at "0" on the cued deck it makes the playing song change to match it's BPM. When you grab the slider to correct the playing song it responds by slowly, and I mean R E A L L Y slowly creeping the BPM back to where it originally was.

IDEAS? (Besides the obvious)

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 1:00 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am having same issue. Been in touch with tech support.
One suggestion is set pitch within VDJ to +6%-6%.
Cannot say if it will work, will find out for sure Friday.

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 7:58 am
Kevin, no one is being sarcastic, condescending or "firing off".

Replies can only be based on the information given.

9 times out of 10, if a newly loaded track makes the BPM of the playing track change, it's because of the specific settings in VDJ. That's what you described, so that's what I suggested.

It would also help us to see what's going on if you uploaded some screen shots of your config (just to confirm that the settings are correct), told us what skin you're using, upload a screen shot of that too (so we can see what's selected and what isn't) or even upload a video that shows the skin, the settings and then the exact problem as it happens.

If you really have tried everything mentioned, all your config settings are 100% correct but it's still happening, then why not try reinstalling?

Back up your important files (database etc) then wipe VDJ from you system completely, including registry settings, and start over.

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 8:37 am
I have had a similar problem with the latest update, I am running 7.3 and it works ok but I was offered the auto upgrade and after doing it the bass was dropping out on tracks and it sounded like they were wobbling in terms of timing which may be similar to your experience. I had to roll back my laptop using system recovery to pre install and won't be doing the upgrade again.

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 6:55 am
The bass dropping may be because you are not taking the bass out of one of the tracks when you are transitioning from one deck to the other.

If you play both tracks out live simultaneously with the bass EQ up on both tracks, then depending on the songs this will may result in the two bass drums cancelling each other out. There will also be up to twice as much bass (You have two bass drums sounding at the same time) and this will trigger the limiter (In earlier versions without the limiter, this may have resulted in distortion instead.)

For more details, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Limiter.html

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 7:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)