Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: I want to do Video DJ.... Help?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey guys!

I am a Canadian DJ, I'm looking froward to add some videoclips to my shows. I want to know, when can I get video clips of top 40 songs, and what is the law on showing them in public?

I would use them mostly in private parties and weddings.

geposted Mon 13 May 13 @ 6:38 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well, in America, companies like VJ-Pro only allow playback of their content in ASCAP,BMI & SESAC compliant venues. So no house parties (if that is what you meant by private party). If the venue that you are playing at, for a client's Wedding or other function is an ASCAP,BMI & SESAC compliant venue (currently pays them royalties) then you should be all set.

I suggest that you look up different video companies available in Canada. Their terms of use should be freely published on their website. Any legit ones will NOT require you to have the "original sources" that made that video. So Crooklyn Clan, VJ Street, etc all require you to have a licensed copy of the original video to legitimately posses videos from their site.

I am not sure what Video pools are available in Canada, but I know "ERG Music" has music videos and is in Canada. I have not used them as I found VJ-Pro early and never looked back. I would highly recommend VJ-Pro if it is available in Canada. "Promo Only" should also distribute to Canada, they would be second choice for me if I really needed something.

Good luck, it is a big step but once you sort out a good vendor, they can explain the rules to you. Also the VDJ Content Unlimited Video subscription uses VJ-Pro. So you can try it there too.

geposted Wed 15 May 13 @ 11:21 am
psymon013 wrote :
Hey guys!

I am a Canadian DJ, I'm looking froward to add some videoclips to my shows. I want to know, when can I get video clips of top 40 songs, and what is the law on showing them in public?

I would use them mostly in private parties and weddings.

Xtendamix, it's the best music video pool service in Canada (and Europe). They've got the latest top 40 and all. Look em up, quality's great too. They also got HD content.

geposted Sun 19 May 13 @ 6:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)