Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Wish for DDJ SX

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Here a piece of a list (posted in the DDJ-SX Skin topic) with things I stumbled on while playing for the first time with the DDJ-SX:

djdad wrote :

royvanmeel wrote :

1: The (sound of the) filters (per channel) could be better. In Serato the filter knob filters much tighter and when turned to maximum (left or right) the music is gone. Within VDJ you still hear the music playing when you turn the filter to maximum. I prefer the Serato filter. Maybe this is solved with the better sound engine in VDJ8 ?

Nothing to do with the skin. A better resonance filter could be implemented in next version indeed, so its best to ask that in the New Features & Wishes Forums.

royvanmeel wrote :

3: The "ROLL" buttons/PADS behaving better in Serato. Within Serato I can swipe my finger from the right to left and all the PADS trigger after eachother. VDJ needs a few milliseconds longer to trigger one pad after another. So VDJ can not trigger the ROLL PADS with a "swipe" over the PADS. You need to tap a pad, let go and the tap the second pad. Otherwise the second PAD is not triggered and your mix has died :)

I understand what you mean, but this has to do with the default mapper and the software limitations. Nothing to do with the skin. You can post your findings in the Hardware forums or in the Wishes and Features forum.

The better filter is nice to have, but the ROLL button/Pads behaviour is the only thing that bothers me...

Just got the controller so maybe there are more things, but for now all my most used options work like a charm!

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 6:52 am
if you use a PC you can have a better filter right now.. just download qaudbyte filter or vengeance philta.. for the roll that is possible now with a bit of mapping to prevent exiting the roll if letting go of one button while another is held. If you don't like the roll sizes just change the bold numbers

down ? set 'pad_1' & loop_roll 0.125 : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0 & set 'pad_1' 0

down ? set 'pad_2' & loop_roll 0.25 : set 'pad_2' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

down ? set 'pad_3' & loop_roll 0.5 : set 'pad_3' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

down ? set 'pad_4' & loop_roll 0.75 : set 'pad_4' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

down ? set 'pad_5' & loop_roll 1 : set 'pad_5' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

down ? set 'pad_6' & loop_roll 4 : set 'pad_6' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

down ? set 'pad_7' & loop_roll 8 : set 'pad_7' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

down ? set 'pad_8' & loop_roll 16 : set 'pad_8' 0 & var 'pad_1' ? nothing : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 6:08 pm
synthet1c wrote :
if you use a PC you can have a better filter right now.. just download qaudbyte filter or vengeance philta.. for the roll that is possible now with a bit of mapping to prevent exiting the roll if letting go of one button while another is held....

Thank you very much synthet1c for your reply!

Ok, I will try to download an other filter as you mentioned.

About the "bit of mapping"... I have never done something with mapping. I'm using DDJ SX as native and did not change, modify or downloaded something other than the djdad DDJ SX native skin.

I will look into this and see if I can find what to do and where to find :)

Thanks again. I really appreciate this.

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 3:47 am
no worries mate,

just find where it says 'loop_roll #' and replace it with those scripts and it should work

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 5:41 am
Thumbs Up!

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 6:20 am
Hi synthet1c,

Here is my original mapping code for the DDJ SX ROLL and FILTER buttons. I did searched the forum and found many things about filters, but none of them looked like mine..

Can you help me edit the code?

Original ROLL_PAD1:
var_equal 'loopsize' 1 ? loop_roll 0.015625 while_pressed : var_equal 'loopsize' 2 ? loop_roll 1 while_pressed : loop_roll 0.125 while_pressed

I changed this whole rule for:

down ? set 'pad_1' & loop_roll 0.125 : var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0 & set 'pad_1' 0

The functionality is exactly what I wanted!! Awesome!

A few points of interest:
Now every Roll pad, the LED light stays on instead of lighting while I press the button.
I Prefer the LED goes on when I press the PAD. Can you give me a hint how to change this?

Also with the "parameter" knobs (Arrow left and right next to the pads) I can't change the roll lenght anymore. They are fixed length now.
Can I adjust this so I can still change the lengts of the roll pads with the parameter knob press?

And about the filter:

Original FILTER:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : var_greater '$version' 799 ? filter_slider : filter

Original FILTER_ON:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : down ? nothing : filter 50%

Which code is needed to add the 'qb_filter'?

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 12:28 pm
EDIT:

Hi synthet1c,

Here is my original mapping code for the DDJ SX ROLL and FILTER buttons. I did searched the forum and found many things about filters, but none of them looked like mine..

Can you help me edit the code?

Original ROLL_PAD1:
var_equal 'loopsize' 1 ? loop_roll 0.015625 while_pressed : var_equal 'loopsize' 2 ? loop_roll 1 while_pressed : loop_roll 0.125 while_pressed

I changed this whole rule for:

The functionality is exactly what I wanted!! Awesome!

A few points of interest:
Now every Roll pad, the LED light stays on instead of lighting while I press the button.
I Prefer the LED goes on when I press the PAD. Can you give me a hint how to change this?

Also with the "parameter" knobs (Arrow left and right next to the pads) I can't change the roll lenght anymore. They are fixed length now.
Can I adjust this so I can still change the lengts of the roll pads with the parameter knob press?

Original ROLL_PARAM-
var_equal 'loopsize' 1 ? nothing : var_equal 'loopsize' 2 ? set 'loopsize' 0 : set 'loopsize' 1

Original ROLL_PARAM+
var_equal 'loopsize' 2 ? nothing : var_equal 'loopsize' 1 ? set 'loopsize' 0 : set 'loopsize' 2

And about the filter:

Original FILTER:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : var_greater '$version' 799 ? filter_slider : filter

Original FILTER_ON:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : down ? nothing : filter 50%

Which code is needed to add the 'qb_filter'?

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 1:37 pm
lucky you pasted that example.. there is an error in the code that this will fix

down ? set 'pad_1' & loop_roll 0.125 : set 'pad_1' 0 & var 'pad_2' ? nothing : var 'pad_3' ? nothing : var 'pad_4' ? nothing : var 'pad_5' ? nothing : var 'pad_6' ? nothing : var 'pad_7' ? nothing : var 'pad_8' ? nothing : loop_roll 0

for the leds to work properly I believe you need to have absolute lengths. and you will just query the length of the loop on the pad eg. for

pad one: loop 0.125 ? on : off
pad two: loop 0.25 ? on : off
pad three: loop 0.5 ? on : off
pad four: loop 0.75 ? on : off
etc...

if you really wanted to have an adjustable length on the roll you could set a variable when you set the loop size. then you could query the variable and make the pads a percentage of that loop size eg

if your loop size was set to 4 bars the first pad could be 6.25% of 4 bars the second pad could be 12.5% of 4 bars. the reason you would have the variable is that you would have to set the loop size to 4 or how ever big your loop was originally when a pad is released... I think this would be buggy as hell though so not really worth the time it would take to create.

you can probably have the other buttons halve and double the loop_roll size eg.
loop_roll 50%
loop_roll 200%
it just wont be reflected on the LED's

QB_filter could be mapped something like this

FILTER:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : param_equal 50% ? effect 'qb_filter' active off & effect 'qb_filter' slider 2 : var 'qb_off' ? effect 'qb_filter' active off & effect 'qb_filter' slider 3 75% & effect 'qb_filter' slider 2 : effect 'qb_filter' active on & effect 'qb_filter' slider 3 75% & effect 'qb_filter' slider 2

FILTER_ON:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : toggle 'qb_off' & var 'qb_off' ? on & effect 'qb_filter' active off : off & effect 'qb_filter' active on

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 5:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)