Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ WE Go - Nightmare

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm not really one to give up, but I fear that I reaching the end of the line. Ive posted on Pioneer forums and wrote directly to them to get no response. This forum has been the most helpful yet, but I still aren't getting the results I need. I figured I would try to explain my situation one more time:

I have Windows 7
Ram: 4Gigs
System Type: 64 Bit

My DDJ-We Go is installed and all the software and drivers are up to date.
Firmware: 1.08
Driver Pack: 1.000

When I open Virtual Dj and load a track, the jog wheels on the WE GO work smoothly. No stutter at all...but the second I touch the crossfader or EQ knobs, the entire program begins to stutter as well as the audio. I'm using the We- Go sound card as instructed. But it is unrealistic for me to use this live with all the stutters... I don't know what else to do. Can anybody lend a hand?

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 2:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
An issue related to your computer performance in my opinion. Please follow this guide to optimize your computer for best performance.
Also consider the possibility of a faulty USB cable or USB port.

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 4:39 pm
I tried all of that and nothing. Thanks for your help...but since no one here or on Pioneer can offer a working solution, my last chance is to format my laptop and install windows all over again. If that doesn't work, I'm going to tie the We Go and myself to some cinder blocks and proceed to jump into the ocean. Because you know...that solves everything

geposted Tue 04 Jun 13 @ 4:45 pm
Dj Arum wrote :
I tried all of that

So what results did you get from DPC latency checker?

geposted Tue 04 Jun 13 @ 6:29 pm
All green across the border. Heres something else I might have not mentioned... I downloaded Serato Dj Intro to test it out with the We Go, and to my surprise, I got the same result. When I move the jog wheels in the program, everything is smooth as butter. Loading songs are practically instant. But when I start touching the crossfader, knobs, or any other volume fader, everything begins to stutter and the audio glitches. My Numark n4 runs perfectly on my windows laptop, but not the we-go? :(

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 6:39 pm
Did you swap out the USB cable?

There's also the possibility that you have a faulty WeGo. You should try it on another computer.

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 6:44 pm
I did swap the usb cables.-not working. I even bought a powered usb hub to try it out and that didn't work. And the We-Go does work perfectly on my old MacBook, but I'm trying to get it to work on my main system (my windows 7 laptop.) Everyone says to just use the Mac, and I am, even tough its super inconvenient to bring another laptop just because it doesn't want to work like its suppose to on my Windows machine. And that's my point. I'm certain I'm missing something even tough I tried all other steps to make this work, but I need to get this working on my windows laptop.

geposted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 6:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you have the chance to re-install the Operating system, then you should go that way to exclude the possibilities of drivers conflict, bloatware applications etc. If after a fresh Windows installation the issues persists, then it could be something related to the chipset of your computer.
Btw, what are the full specs of your computer ?
And how high is the CPU usage in VirtualDj ?

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 12:32 am
The CPU usage in virtual dj doesn\'t go beyond 2-3 bars. All green. Even both my Numark V7s dont stutter on it

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 11:15 am
djdad wrote :
If you have the chance to re-install the Operating system, then you should go that way to exclude the possibilities of drivers conflict, bloatware applications etc. If after a fresh Windows installation the issues persists, then it could be something related to the chipset of your computer.
Btw, what are the full specs of your computer ?
And how high is the CPU usage in VirtualDj ?

I would agree with re-installing the Operating system. Dell is notorious for putting slow harddrives in there laptops, so buy a fast harddrive and do a clean install on it. How many other programs do you have installed on the laptop?

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 12:24 pm
I would say I have a bunch. CS6 After Effects. Sony Vegas, Fruity Loops, Ableton Live, Virtual Dj, ect.... I know it sounds like all the programs installed could be the issue, but that just doesn't make sense because if my 2 Numark V7s and Numark N4 work perfectly on it, why can't my little measly We Go work properly? And then theres that other factor of it doing the same thing on Serato Dj Intro...same stutters and what not. Another note is like I stated- everything else works fine. When I load a song into a deck it loads so fast that its almost as if it loads the track to a deck before I even choose it. -That fast= same goes for jogwheels, I can rotate them, and they are smooth as butter and just as fast as the track loading...so why the crossfader and volume knobs?....something doesn't make sense here...and if I recall...I haven't really found anyone out there with the same issue as me.... So a clean install it is. Pardon my ignorance at this point, I just want to do it right, so how would you recommend I do a clean install? I have no idea where the CD's that came with my computer are. Any help is always appreciated :)

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 5:21 pm
This is the samething my rmx did when I had one!! It ended up being a MIDI channel conflict. I just switched it back to 1 and everything was good. I don't have your unit so I don't know if this is the cause or even if you can change the MIDI channel number. Maybe check for that first.

geposted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 11:04 pm

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 8:17 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
It ended up being a MIDI channel conflict.

According to this PDF the WeGO uses 7 MIDI channels, and the mixer section has its own channel - so that could be a clue.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 8:36 am
Omg... thanks fredelkamp. That will def come in handy if this doesn't work--- Pardon me once again, I have no idea how to check the MIDI thing? How do I resolve or check if it is a MIDI Channel conflict...I'm hoping that itself is the issue. What are the steps?

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 2:12 pm
Have you got (or did you ever have) any other DJ or audio/video kit that connects via USB which uses, or might use MIDI?

Has any Logitech kit ever been connected to the computer? It's notorious for causing problems with other things.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 4:27 pm
Nope. I don't believe to have anything Logitech related on it. Other things that might have MIDI?...I can't think or recall of anything. The only thing I've ever plugged into my laptop is an external USB sound card for emergencies when I don't have my controller so I can mix just off Virtual DJ, cables for syncing my Ipad and Iphone, and nothing else. I mean... other than the Numark N4 and Numark V7, nothing else with MIDI that I know of has been connected. Is there an area on my computer to resolve the MIDI channel conflict?

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 4:55 pm
Have a read of this page.

I know you're not having exactly the same issue (as your WeGO is being detected OK) but it's worth going through that info.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 5:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)