Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Visual track progress on video out

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

As the title suggests, could we have a feature or plugin to put an indication of track progress on the 2nd display.

This could be:

* Left to Right of screen progress bar
* countdown to end of track (or a cuepoint, as some karaoke tracks end way before the file does)
* displays an icon towards the end of the track (selectable timing, maybe 20s or so) to indicate the end of the track (for karaoke singers) so they know the track is ending

any or all of these ideas would be magnificent as you would not believe the number of people who turn to me at anytime in a song to ask how long to go (even those who sing the same song everytime!!)

I could see this working as a plugin, but as i don't know much about creating plugins or coding, i'll leave this to the experts.. SBDJ maybe?

geposted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 7:28 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You would have to load your rotation into the AutoMix Playlist to get a total, so at least you can get an idea by activating the length field to get an approximate that way, but it's always an estimate at best..

That is why I made a suggestion a while ago of having two AutoMix playlist, so one could be more specialized when your running shows or special events material..

geposted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 8:21 pm
So we dont have access to songpos, tracklength, cuepoint data in the plugin SDK??

geposted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 8:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I do have a plugin that displays an onscreen circle that 'counts down' the track time remaining. Configurable size, position, colour and transparency.

That any use to you?

geposted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 10:00 pm
I could us this , where can I get this plugin?

geposted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 5:04 am
ABSOLUTELY YES!!!! Would certainly make my like easyer and sounds interesting having a countdown circle too.

geposted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 7:31 am
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16538/RemainCircle.html

I must stress this was an unfinished project and as such has not had extensive testing! It works solely on track time and makes no consideration of cue points or automix points.

Features:

* Configurable colour
* Configurable transparency
* Configurable position
* Configurable size
* Configurable aspect ratio
* Show all the time or only when track is playing
* Hide or show the section that is already counted down

As a bonus when you choose 'custom colours' in the colour picker window they are saved :)

geposted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 8:43 am
nice
i will be testing this as it is very useful for me when i occasionally go out to dance with the girls at my salsa events. this way i can have an idea how much time is left on the song before i need to go back

as a matter of interest is there a way to show the wave and or time of the song?

or is there a way to toggle the main screen or elements of it on the video output? (from within VDJ)

geposted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 12:26 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
as a matter of interest is there a way to show the wave

Not 'the wave'; a plugin would have to analyse the track and create it's own wave.

Matty1000 wrote :
and or time of the song

That's do-able; in fact I'm sure ScrollText 1.5 has some macros for that.

Matty1000 wrote :
or is there a way to toggle the main screen or elements of it on the video output? (from within VDJ)

Nope. You could deactivate video and switch from extended desktop to mirrored to show the whole screen though.

geposted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 12:44 pm
i have used this feature last night in the club and it was great !!

i also take photos in the club, so i had this circle running in the lower righthand corner of the screen, and this enabled me to go around the place a couple of times, calm and relaxed knowing i still had time left in the song before returning to mix the next one

it also is very useful if i want to nip out of the dj box and say hello to friends

:D

great job

10/10

:)

geposted Sat 15 Feb 14 @ 7:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)