Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sandbox Not Working - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

First off I like how easily it synced up to my Pioneer DDJ Ergo.
However, I don't know why Sandbox is not working...Is it the controller?
When I click on sandbox it highlights and does nothing.
From the videos it looks as though it should cue up the ending of the song in the middle by the sandbox icon, but it doesn't.
I even tried setting cue points that did not work either.
Can anyone help with this please...

geposted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:20 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When sandbox is activated you set cues listen to end etc on the deck itself not on the sandbox window. How are you doing it?

geposted Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:28 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Sandbox only works with audio and not an external mixer and a headphone channel must be configured.

geposted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:48 am
[quote=Billschuller]First off I like how easily it synced up to my Pioneer DDJ Ergo.
However, I don't know why Sandbox is not working...Is it the controller?
When I click on sandbox it highlights and does nothing.

I have the same problem using my DDJ-Ergo. I have no effects running, have the audio setup correct, headphone channel assigned, no master effects, and it's an audio only file in both players, but yet the Sanbox button only highlights yellow when I click it, and it won't stay on. What is the solution?

geposted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:11 pm
I can right click and listen to the end set cues ect, but when I try to click on sandbox it is not working properly.
Maybe a tutorial of how to use it would help resolve if I am doing something wrong.

geposted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:09 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello everyone,

Is sandbox only available when using 2/6 decks? I don't see it when I'm in 4 deck mode.

So far using VDJ 8 is great. Thank you again.

I'm not sure if it is a big deal yet since I only used it live this weekend: The waveform and CBG can be difficult to see, but I will mess with the wave settings and adjust accordingly.

geposted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:44 pm
Sandbox doesn't seem to be working when I have my NS6 connected to my computer, but when the controller is disconnected it works well. Is there a setting?

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:08 am
You need to set the audio config to master & headphones for sandbox to work.

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:08 am
ok, Sandbox. I have audio set to "Master + Headphones" AND i have two mp3s loaded on deck 1 and 2..
The Sandbox button still dosent work.

using default 2 deck skin.

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:32 pm
You need to actually play a track.

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:35 pm
okay got it now :)

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sandbox needs also a clean Master Output (from a single deck) to work. So if you have more than 1 Volume faders up or none, then it wont work.

We didnt add Sandbox in the 4 Decks skin, for 2 reasons.
- Limited available space
- If someone uses 4 decks, then most likely he could use a spare deck to load the same song and preview it. Ok, its not the same but in most cases Sandbox will be used from 2 decks skins/setups

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:16 pm
I dug back in today and found a fix for me regarding Recordbox on my Pioneer DDJ-ErgoV. I'm using Win7 Pro 64 with plenty of ram, and I had v7.4 working perfectly for the last year without issues. I checked Pioneers site and found I had an older version of firmware. For you Ergo users, download the latest firmware v1.4 (http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?c=284&lang=en&p=DDJ-ERGO-V&t=68). I did, and opened back VDJ 8, loaded a track, and walah, recordbox worked.

Another issue I had last night at a live gig was choppy/stuttery sound. I reviewed some other posts regarding ASIO buffer settings, and opened up the Audio seetings, ASIO settings, and moved mine to 11ms (it was set at a default of 5ms). So far after about 20 mixes, everything sounds pretty crisp with no cut outs, stutters, or waveform stoppage.

Now, if we could just find a fix for the FX selection knob that scrolls through all the effects in about 1/10 of a knob turn (way to quick)!

Hope this helps! Happy Mixing!

Jamzz

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:55 pm
Ok so im playing a track have master + headphone set have set cue points on both out going and incoming track clicked sandbox and nothing????

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:17 pm
Billschuller wrote :
clicked sandbox and nothing

....and you're using a two deck skin, and only one fader (the playing track) is up, yes?

What are you expecting to happen?

When you press the sandbox button, do you get a waveform appearing in the sandbox display area (to the left of the sandbox button)?

If you do, then sandbox is active.

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:24 pm
no waveform shows up, but let me fade to the track playing and see if that works..

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:34 pm
No it did not work faded to track playing no waveform shows up. Expecting the waveform to show up it to allow me to figure out how I want to mix into next track.

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, lets try it step by step.
first Sandbox only works with Audio files, so make sure you only use such.
Sandbox requires Master and Headphones in the audio setup so please make sure you ve set it that way in AUDIO tab of CONFIg.
So you load a track on deck and another track on deck 2
You need one of them to play out on Master, so e.g. move the crossfader on the left side and press PLAY on deck 1
While deck 1 is playing if you click on the Sandbox button, you should be able to see the waveform of deck 1 in the area right next tot that button. From that point, till you click again the same button, you can control anything on the decks or Mixer without affecting the Master Output. Once done (disabled Sandbox), the mixer and the decks will return to their initial status.

Just make sure only one deck is playing our live on Master, and you should be fine.

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:56 pm
I did everything you said however it does not work. Sandbox does nothing it clicks and lights up when highlighted but does not work.
I have 2 tracks 1 song in track 1 and 1 in track 2, only track 1 playing, faded to the track playing. Next I have master plus headphones for my output, and I click sandbox nothing happens no wave appears in sandbox it doe not work. I really do appreciate your help, but I guess that feature just wont work for me...

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:02 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad wrote :
Sandbox needs also a clean Master Output (from a single deck) to work. So if you have more than 1 Volume faders up or none, then it wont work.

We didnt add Sandbox in the 4 Decks skin, for 2 reasons.
- Limited available space
- If someone uses 4 decks, then most likely he could use a spare deck to load the same song and preview it. Ok, its not the same but in most cases Sandbox will be used from 2 decks skins/setups

DJDad, Thanks for the explanation on the 4 decks. Yeah, that what I was doing before, I was using the additional decks to preview songs. Thanks again. FLeX

geposted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:09 pm
77%