Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Effects - Wishes & new features - Page: 18
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Foreverdaking yes anybody can make a padpage.

geposted Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 3:46 pm
B-PeterHome userMember since 2010
Have the possibility to disactivate the MERGEFX keeping the deck playing, because right now when you stop the MERGEFX the deck stop playing after few second.
This effect is perfect for the stems transition, like remove the instrumental and keep the vocal, but since it stops the deck it becomes useless. It would be SO SIMPLE to add the possibility to not stop the deck!
Thanks

geposted Fri 10 Feb 23 @ 7:53 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
we need better quality effects for so long now, with all the new additions this is the perfect time to make all the FX to have more professional quality.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 3:50 pm
gvaste wrote :
better quality effects

If you want "better quality" or "professional" FX then you can use VST plugins - as used by world famous producers in the best studios. Other DJ software can't do that.

Some VST effects cost more than VDJ itself. Is that good enough?

geposted Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 5:58 pm
shootdajPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
B-Peter wrote :
Have the possibility to disactivate the MERGEFX keeping the deck playing, because right now when you stop the MERGEFX the deck stop playing after few second.
This effect is perfect for the stems transition, like remove the instrumental and keep the vocal, but since it stops the deck it becomes useless. It would be SO SIMPLE to add the possibility to not stop the deck!
Thanks

+1 for this. MERGEFX should have a toggle button inside the effect controls to stop track or continue playing. I'm not sure why the default is to stop the track.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 3:03 am
shootdaj wrote :
I'm not sure why the default is to stop the track.

From Pioneer's own explanation:
"If [Preferences] > [Controller] > [Effect] > [MERGE FX] > [Stop playing the operating deck after MERGE FX finishes] is set, playback stops on the relevant deck."

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 6:37 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
groovindj wrote :
gvaste wrote :
better quality effects

If you want "better quality" or "professional" FX then you can use VST plugins - as used by world famous producers in the best studios. Other DJ software can't do that.

Some VST effects cost more than VDJ itself. Is that good enough?

no problem in using vsts but i don't known or found how to link a parameter from the vst to the fx knob, this is possible to be done ?

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 8:29 pm
it's just a dial like any other fx, only difference is the vst gui might not display sliders in a order as most vdj effects do.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 9:39 pm
Independence between Color FX and Stem FX to apply the effect.

It would be interesting when Stem FX (vocal) or other is selected, the Color FX works on the entire song and not just on the selected Stem FX.

geposted Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 1:31 pm
B-PeterHome userMember since 2010
@GROOVINDJ:
All the more so, you say that Rekordbox allows in the preferences to activate or deactivate the fact that the track stops after the Merge FX finishes... why doesn't Virtual Dj allow this?
It would be enough to add another button to the effect to control this.

geposted Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 1:41 pm
SHRINK LOOP to key

basically the shrink loop effect it makes the loop smaller and smaller until it is just sounds like a saw tooth tone.

so my idea is, it would be cool if the resulting tone was in the key of the incoming song (or even the song which is looping, because you can match the key with the incoming song)

also would be cool if you could make the tone pulsate musically once it reaches its end point, like on the beat or on every half beat, kind of like the "cut" effect

geposted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 6:48 pm
To key would be difficult as I don't know the exact loop length it can go down to, [I can find out] but I can't know the source material, 30ms loop of bass isn't going to be the same note as 30ms of a snare hit.
And I'm not really up on how to do the FFT maths.

A side thought you do have pitch you can play with to get something tonal going.

geposted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 7:53 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
SHRINK LOOP to key

basically the shrink loop effect it makes the loop smaller and smaller until it is just sounds like a saw tooth tone.

so my idea is, it would be cool if the resulting tone was in the key of the incoming song (or even the song which is looping, because you can match the key with the incoming song)

also would be cool if you could make the tone pulsate musically once it reaches its end point, like on the beat or on every half beat, kind of like the "cut" effect

would love this, if possible,
+1

geposted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 8:11 pm
locodog wrote :
To key would be difficult as I don't know the exact loop length it can go down to, [I can find out] but I can't know the source material, 30ms loop of bass isn't going to be the same note as 30ms of a snare hit.
And I'm not really up on how to do the FFT maths.

A side thought you do have pitch you can play with to get something tonal going.

yea i see your point, maybe there is a way to trick it by inserting a tone? because at this level they all sound the same really even if its different source material

geposted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 10:14 pm
I'll have a think, I've want to make a tone generator for a while.

geposted Wed 09 Aug 23 @ 1:06 am
What about a tap tempo for effects (e.g. for echo)?

geposted Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 1:37 pm
Today I want to talk about the beatgrid effect. For more technical
beat patterns the 16 grid is not enough. For starters you could
achieve more beats by doubling the bpm of the song from the bpm editor but still that sometimes is not enough.
So if the number of columns would be added it would be greatly appreciated.
I know they concidered the basic structure of a modern song i.e 4bars, 8bars, 16bars etc but at the end of the day what really matters is your
creativity and ability to manipulate the effect to get the best out of it.

Also its slider should be made to accomodate more patterns. The 8 slots are just too minimal.

geposted Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 7:34 am
labbedjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I wish the level of the VDJ efx would go to the level of traktor or at least Rekordbox. When are you giving or doing more AUDIO fxs. Do not silence us with the VST´s answers. We need native or at least in extensions within VDJ Software. Thanks

geposted Wed 20 Sep 23 @ 1:49 am
Ability to adjust the visuals of a skin without doing html. ie color, font, sizes...maybe drag and drop rearranging of the interface as well.

geposted Sat 23 Sep 23 @ 9:16 pm
an effect that will echo out just vocal and melody and leave drums playing.

(i understand you can do this, if you select vocal and melody in the effect menu, but i mean a dedicated effect that does this on the fly with just one button press, without having to go into the menu)

OR
perhaps better still, echo out to saved loop (of drums only)

geposted Fri 29 Sep 23 @ 2:11 pm
99%