Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: More skin tweaks (I'm learning the methods) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi skin fans!

After my recent dabble with skinning by making a blue version of Dan's Browser Zoom skin, I have now gone all Native American.

Gentlemen, I present to you.......the Redskin. :-)

As you can see, I have managed to eliminate almost every aspect of the traditional Atomix "left is blue" colour scheme.

However, I'm not sure it's possible to make both large waveforms the same colour. Anyone?

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:48 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Of course it is possible.

IMO, the waveform is the only one widget that should still different colors, cause both are 'mixed' in the same area.

Maybe with two VERY DIFFERENT reds... You should have a try, keeping in mind that it is important to not confuse them.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:06 am
This is the reason I have chosen the "one above the other" view instead of having them superimposed.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:20 am
If we can't choose any 'mixed waves' mode, It wouldn't be so important...

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:11 am
OK so I have been through the XML many times, looking for the source of the colours for the horizontal scratch waves - and I can't find them.

I have changed every reference to colours for waveforms that I could find, but they still show blue & red with gradients for frequency.

The other wave choices have changed, but not the ones you can see in the picture (horizontal scratch wave).

I am stumped.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:26 am
I think they use the same as the songpos when the waveform is set to monochrome or per deck.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:36 am
I've changed the songpos colours. I'm only using songpos red, but even changed the colours on the others just to make sure. No joy.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:46 am
I think the only solution for scratchwaves is to tweak the mask's color in the png file.

Another solution is to put a semi-transparent colored visual in front of the waves.

Check in my skin how I handled to have a 'dimmed scratchwave' on decks's screens.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 9:01 am
I'll have a look later. It was possible in Beta but maybe it's changed.

Fruits options will work though, but I don't think they are exactly what you want.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 10:41 am
You can't alter the colours of scratchzones.
In monochrome they use the "per-deck" sceme
On all other waveform color settings they comply
So, to achieve what you want you must use 'infra-red' color setting for the waveforms

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 11:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The Red Skin... make a 4 deck version, I wonder what you could call it... :-)

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 11:27 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
you must use 'infra-red' color setting for the waveforms

I'm a beginner - where do I need to state that?

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:13 pm
I see in your screenshot that you have set the 'infra-red' waves already.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:22 pm
groovindj wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
you must use 'infra-red' color setting for the waveforms

I'm a beginner - where do I need to state that?

On the options inside config

Fruit wrote :
I see in your screenshot that you have set the 'infra-red' waves already.

Nope.
He used monochrome and set both waves same colors

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:42 pm
Oups, I beg your pardon my dear.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:18 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

On the options inside config

Ah, nothing to do with the skin files. OK!

Hmmm, now it looks pink.

It seems that monochrome only really affects the songpos wave. The rhythmzone ones stay coloured.

The other choices affect all waves.

In the skin, we can change the colours assigned to freqs. Why only in the skins?

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Give a Pink version too for the ladies :P

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:06 pm
Well of course....

Ladies, please PM me with your phone numbers if you'd like a pink VDJ skin. :-)

While I'm posting, I have another question:

I have just been modifying a VDJ 7 skin to my own requirements - changing a few colours, fonts and so on.

Since I first tried VDJ 8 I wondered if the old VDJ 7 style browser tabs could be reconfigured to swap out the lower area in the same way it used to behave. Looking at the way the tablet skin works, I figured it was feasible.

I've managed to get the tabs to switch between the normal browser and a sampler window (just the pads) and to bring up the recording options when the rec tab is pressed. So far so good. Short of borrowing all the graphics for the bottom area from the tablet skin, is there an easier way to take it further?

Can the sampler be displayed in list mode rather than just pads?

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the action sideview_triggerpad should do the job.
So if you have a button to offer the Sampler , you can use action="skin_panel 'thepanelyoucurrentlyuse' on & sideview_triggerpad off"

Edit. Hmm, i just realized that you are probably using <sampler></sampler> to offer just the Sampler view, so the action wont work. It only offers the trigger pads view and no way to get just the list, unless you use <sideview></sideview>

In theory <sideview source="sampler|Automix|Sidelist|Karaoke" toolbar="yes|no" ></sideview> should offer just the selected view without the Toolbar, but thats a known bug (already reported). I had tried that path when i was building a touchscreen skin during beta, but didnt finish that due to some unresolved issues.

geposted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 12:41 am
djdad wrote :
<sideview source="sampler|Automix|Sidelist|Karaoke" toolbar="yes|no" >

Very interesting ! Thanks Dad !

geposted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 4:11 am
53%