Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Not Opening

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

VDJ 8 has been working fine for me over the past month, no problems but I came to open it today by double clicking the icon on the desktop and it wouldn't open. Tried this several times, no luck. I restarted the computer several times and no luck. I uninstalled the software and re-installed from the website and it now has a shield next to the icon after I completed the install process. When I click this it asks if I want the program to make changes to the computer - I have clicked yes and no, but pressing either does nothing.

Can't fathom what has gone wrong. I removed all the other versions of VDJ I had and deleted the files in the C drive and my documents but still not working. I have re-installed the software about 3 times now and the same issue occurs.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Rob.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 10:43 am
i think user account control messes with vdj and is best if used on an admin account could be your issue not sure

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 11:28 am
I'm running as admin and have tried changing the user account settings so that it does not prompt for admin access but instead of it coming up with the box asking for permission to make changes no box appears and nothing happens.

Strange I never used to have a blue and yellow shield when I first installed it, it just ran fine first time.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:00 pm
the blue and yellow shield just means the program wants to run with full admin rights that's it :-)
and it prompts you to allow it or not.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:03 pm
Yeah, nothing happens when I click yes to the prompt which is really confusing. All other programs working fine, so was VDJ7 before I uninstalled it.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:08 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
German user reported the same.
VDJ isn't opening anymore. The process starts (taskmanager) but terminates immidiately after.

He said it started after he did a Win8 update.

geposted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 5:03 am
rasgonLE userMember since 2013
I had the same Problem. Try to erase all between <skin> </skin> in the settings.xml and start the VDJ this should resolve the Problem

geposted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 10:21 am
DJ JaWiHome userMember since 2016
Same Problem :/

geposted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:33 pm
i also have this problem i wish this issue was resolve. Plus i bought my wego3 the other days :(

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 9:52 pm
am using windows 7 but after downloading virtual dj 8 it wont open

geposted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 3:14 pm
Virtual Dj 8 not opening

geposted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 1:51 pm
I was using Virtual Dj 8 last night and it worked fine. I went to upgrade my license and now it is not working. When I hit the application it will not open... I am a MAC user and have also uninstalled the application and reinstalled as well. Still no luck.

geposted Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 3:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)