Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: What is this for a Skin?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 3:55 pm
This was one of the early Beta skins for version 8. This was never released and to my knowledge there are currently no plans to release it either.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 3:58 pm
Ok thank You .
Like that Skin , found nice one .

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 4:12 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is almost the default v8... Blue color is because of the camera that took the photo.

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 5:16 pm
No, this skin in the picture is quite different.

Many other buttons...

geposted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 5:44 pm
Yup I was just talking bout colors. They must have discover that this layout on the pic is too high and the browser too small I believe.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 2:26 am
Did anyone notice that in this skin there are individual controls under each sample pad?

Now those have been taken away, and we have to go to edit mode to change them.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 3:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Cripes we dodged a bullet there.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 4:00 am
groovindj wrote :
Did anyone notice that in this skin there are individual controls under each sample pad?

Now those have been taken away, and we have to go to edit mode to change them.

It is up to the skin, mine will have such a sampler soon :)

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 5:10 am
So it's possible to switch the sample playback between 'drop' and 'loop' without having to edit & save?

If it can be done, then all we need is the volume settings for each slot/pad to be remembered, and the ability (option) to record directly to slots/pads.

Well, not all.... then there's the routing of samples through the mixer, so EQ and FX can be added - and a bunch of other stuff.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 5:43 am
groovin I'm working on a plan to have 6 mini decks in the browser space so on-the-fly loop sampling is possible (via cloning and looping), reverse play, key change, effects, eq filtering, all that good stuff that's missing from the sampler will be possible, hell you'll be able to scratch if you wish.
maybe more work if you use set samples all the time but I don't I just sample on the fly.

I just want to get the cloning to also clone the volume, eq, filter settings so the switch between the playing track to the 'sample loop' is seamless, at the moment the closest I can get is +-5% difference with a 1/2 second press and hold, but I've more options to explore yet.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 9:59 am
It's been at least four years since I first suggested giving decks sampling ability...

As there are up to 99 decks available (I assume that still stands in VDJ 8?) it made sense to simply add an option to switch any deck to "sample mode" so that you'd have all the things available on decks (EQ, FX, key change, waveform display etc) plus the usual sampler functions.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 11:00 am
Yeah, that's sort of what I'm doing, using the 4 deck skin (so 4 deck slots A,B,C,D) but having 6 decks that can occupy any of the 4 slots, and the mixer has all six channels present.
then I'll have some smart cloning to the other 6 sampler style decks, It's just design choices and not being any good with skinning holding me up, but it's progressing slowly.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 1:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I ve walked through that path long time ago (during pre-beta) and tried to offer something similar, but trust me, it wont lead you anywhere good.
The Decks of VirtualDj are not going to offer you what the Sampler offers and the Sampler will not offer you what the decks do.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 2:47 pm
What was the problem? I'm intrigued. Too tricky to please everyone?

I don't use the sampler in V8, at all, and all the sampling I did in V7 was on the fly revisiting beats loops from earlier mixes/keeping a outro going while I mixed track 3 or 4, I never saved anything.
Luckily I've only got to please myself,

geposted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 3:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)