Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Akai AMX and AFX for Serato DJ - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

geposted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 11:40 am
Nice little setup right there.

geposted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 12:20 pm
So the Numark NS7II got the touch capacitive capabilities from Akai?

geposted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 12:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Numark and AKAI are both under the same parent company; inMusic.

geposted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:10 am
I want that AFX badly for my TCV set up! I hope a mapping comes out for VDJ soon. $200 is not a bad price at all for it. I'm sure within a few months, the price will drop too, and you could probably get it for around $150. Excellent price for an FX unit!

geposted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:08 am
these do look very cool! cant wait to try em at store!

geposted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 6:47 pm
can I use my AKAI AMX with my virtual dj or numark cue 7? I am not happy with serato cause all the beatgrids and love numark cue. Any help will be great and thank you.

geposted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 6:39 am
AMX and AFX support will come very soon. However, not for VirtualDj 7

geposted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 10:43 am
BETEPPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I hope, that developers of VDJ can help me for mapping that toy to VDJ 7. Sorry, but VDJ8 is not ready to work yet.
I almost ended my mapping, anybody can dl it at kayjay.info/files/amx.zip, but it's not good to live without leds.
If I can't map my AMX to VDJ, probably i would follow the advice of AKAI stuff and switch to Serato.

geposted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 6:59 pm
BETEPPRO InfinityMember since 2009
All my problems with VDJ 8 because the old skin. VDJ 8 is awesome.

geposted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 3:45 pm
theyre working on maps as we speak. i ordered this unit as well.

geposted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 5:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Anyone has issues with the AKAI AMX sound card on Windows ? In our test computers, if the AKAI driver is installed, VirtualDJ (7 or 8) cant close properly (freezes), regardless if the sound card of the AMX is selected in the AUdio configuration or not. Its OK if you unplug the unit prior closing. Anyone has experienced this ?

geposted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 2:05 am
Yes Mpampi i have this exactly issue in my boocamp partition with VirtualDJ 8.
In the same partition Serato DJ and Akai AMX haven't any issue.

geposted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:58 am
Ok, we found a workaround and the AMX sound card can be used properly now. The unit (along with the AFX) will be officially supported by the end of the week.

geposted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 11:00 am
wow thats great news! cant wait!!!! Big thanks to Atomix!!!!

geposted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 4:10 pm

geposted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:31 am
Its not right for you to pay for VDJ 7 but in order to get Akai Amx working fully you have to spend more money to get 8 I wonder how many switch to Serato over issues like this. Is there anyone making a mapper for this led included

geposted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 6:06 pm
I'm sorry but what you just said is ...........let's just say totally incorrect. Please read my next statement very carefully, so there is no misunderstanding. If you have to, read it again. If anyone paid for version 7 of Virtual DJ, they automatically get version 8 free of charge. I hope that clears that up for you. As for how many have switched to another software or not, is totally irrelevant to me, and I don't know how it would affect you either. If you wish to complain about anything, please use facts, thank you.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 10:48 pm
Hi, I'm looking to get one akai amx, has a backup/portable mixer adding a technics sl-dz mk2 for scratching.
I see that it has problems in serato dj, touch eqs cutting sound and channels left/right getting cut off...
does the mixer perform good on vdj8?
thank you

geposted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 12:51 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
Hi, I'm looking to get one akai amx, has a backup/portable mixer adding a technics sl-dz mk2 for scratching.
I see that it has problems in serato dj, touch eqs cutting sound and channels left/right getting cut off...
does the mixer perform good on vdj8?
thank you

I would also like know, cutting sound during performance using vdj8 (twice).
-thank you

geposted Sat 07 Oct 17 @ 5:41 pm
91%