Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [NEW SKIN] Olds'kool (Video Simples) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Here it is, finally submitted.... my first skin! I already want to tweak it, but will probably wait for some feedback first...

from a large icon by the large clock it can be switched to 'large browser mode' with basic transport and loop control.

The deck gains are switchable with pitch controls, and the SYNC button has extended function: Right click for 'slow reset' and double click for 'instant reset'. The video preview screens are switchable with the standard VDJ8 jog wheels.

Hopefully it's OK and will be available for download soon :D

geposted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:59 pm
Nice one.
I Like ;o)

geposted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 8:46 am
Thanks :-) I'm still tinkering and tweaking, but I'm very happy with my first attempt. Do you know how long the approval usually takes?

geposted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 5:00 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Let's say one week.

geposted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 5:38 pm
Good stuff! I think it needs updating already :-/ there are more 'finishing touches' being done... Is a skin EVER completely finished?

geposted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 3:26 am
No :)

geposted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 7:41 am
How will I get notification for amendments required for my submitted skin? Is it though this thread? Can I submit an updated version for consideration, or do I have to wait until the submitted one has been tested? I don't really want anyone wasting their time on the old one.

Anyway, the skin is still in development, with many improvements already taken place.....

Added:

Toggle tooltips button
Open manual button
Master effects both video and audio
Crossfader options: audio/video/linked

Improved:

Labels for deck quick effects
Crossfader visual matches gains/pitch
xml tidied up, removing redundant code
Mute now works for master, not just active deck (100%-0%toggle)

To do:

Decide on mixer function/custom buttons above crossfader
Switchable master video output panel view for one with recording and other options (next version?)
Browser in full decks view switchable with extended effects panel (next version?)

Any thoughts.......?

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 1:16 pm
RobGmixes wrote :
How will I get notification for amendments required for my submitted skin? Is it though this thread?

I think DjDad will post the link is your thread.

RobGmixes wrote :
Can I submit an updated version for consideration, or do I have to wait until the submitted one has been tested? I don't really want anyone wasting their time on the old one.

Well I would have advised to wait, but with the old system where updates were not reviewed, but now... dunno...

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 1:25 pm
Fruit wrote :
RobGmixes wrote :
How will I get notification for amendments required for my submitted skin? Is it though this thread?

I think DjDad will post the link is your thread.

RobGmixes wrote :
Can I submit an updated version for consideration, or do I have to wait until the submitted one has been tested? I don't really want anyone wasting their time on the old one.

Well I would have advised to wait, but with the old system where updates were not reviewed, but now... dunno...

Yes you will be notified in the thread or via PM for any chances or required amendments.

You can submit an update but ensure you make a note in the "note to reviewer" box so that they are aware of the update.

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 2:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Quote RobGmixes "Is a skin EVER completely finished?"

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo da Vinci

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 2:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 4:56 pm
Ooooops! I'll get on it tomorrow morning... 'DJing' with it at the moment :D

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 5:12 pm
Job done... and it is now called "Olds'kool" :-)

geposted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 10:49 pm
Have changed the thread title to reflect your new skin name.

Dan

geposted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 2:23 pm

geposted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:00 pm
Wow, that was quick :-)

Thanks djtouchdan and djdad!

geposted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:07 pm
Spoke too soon. http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193930/Addons/Olds_kool.html
Indeed there is an issue on Mac side. Once the skin is loaded, there are no min, max, close or Config buttons.
Please check your code again.
Skin is blocked at the moment.

If you dont care about providing the min/max/close/config buttons at the left side (where Mac users seek those), you can still use the same buttons and delete the os="pc" or os="mac" part.
If you wish to provide something special for the Mac users, but dont have a Mac to test, you can still swap the os=".." and test the "Mac" buttons with os="pc" ;)

geposted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 8:15 pm
I have deleted OS reference in minimize/maximise/close buttons for now; but will address mac users design in next update. I have also referenced OS="mac" for the logo too. Hope this works OK.

Can you use the OS= command for any item, or is it reserved for the close and logo buttons? If I could move elements around for different OS's by using this it would be relatively easy :-)

Unfortunately, I do not own any Apple products (apart from some real apples) so testing code would be tricky.... although I'm liking the new iOS8 features ;-)

geposted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 11:11 am
djdad wrote :
If you dont care about providing the min/max/close/config buttons at the left side (where Mac users seek those), you can still use the same buttons and delete the os="pc" or os="mac" part. If you wish to provide something special for the Mac users, but dont have a Mac to test, you can still swap the os=".." and test the "Mac" buttons with os="pc" ;)

This needs to be stated in the skin SDK.

In both the 7 and 8 SDK there is no mention of the os= parts or how they work/what they do.

So for use by both OS in the same way, we should not use os= at all? If we only state os="pc" then Macs will not read it?

geposted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 12:41 pm
yes to your last 2 questions

geposted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:33 pm
83%