Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MC3000 issues - VDJ7.4

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all.

Upgraded to a swanky MC3000 from my trusty MTP, but appear to having some issues with distortion, pops and crackles running ASIO, and my CPU Meter is all over the place, normally running yellow/red.

Got 7.4Full, with the following specs:
HP Pavillion g6
4GB RAM
AMD E2-3000 APU

I've got Gamebooster, doesn't help, tried VDJOptimizer, doesn't help, turned off coloured waveforms, doesn't help.

Please don't tell me it's got to be a new lappy, and it's a simple tweak I've missed...

Thanks in advance,
Mike
(Enthusiast)

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 7:14 am
You said your cpu is running into the red, theres your first problem if the cpu is running that high youre going to have issues. I assume you already know that the AMD E2-3000 is an older, lower end cpu that is not very powerful. Is your laptop by chance running Windows Vista? If so that will also be problematic. How many processes are running in the background?

Also A lower asio buffer size will require more cpu, I would set it at the highest number and see if that help, if so then lower it one setting at a time checking to see if the sound is ok

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 8:02 am
If you use the device without ASIO drivers, do you still get the same behavior ?

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 8:20 am
Hi, thank you for coming back.

Firstly, I dropped the latency as far as it would go, and slowly wound it back in again - starts to become really obvious to a trained ear about 26ms.

Also, like you suggested, I tried it without the ASIO drivers, and while the problem is significantly reduced, even nudging a jog wheel causes disruption.

I'm so impressed with the Denon, and it's potential for creativity, I'm happy to invest in a new laptop if need be - is someone able to advise a Windows based machine (not a Mac guy) with a generous spec suitable to run it all? I quite fancy the thought of production too, but that's a story for another forum, on another day.

Thanks again,
Mike

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 5:18 pm
Look for i5. Min 4 gig ram. If you're going to play video nvidea video card.

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 9:35 pm
Thank you!

Time to laptop shopping.

Mike

geposted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 12:23 am
Settled for an Acer i5 with 8GB.

Bring on the Denon!

geposted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 7:35 am
can I just suggest you find a buddy with a faster laptop and see if it solves the issue before you buy a new one .. ;) might actually be other issues..

geposted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 9:25 am
Sounds like a decent choice for a laptop,

geposted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 9:36 am
You also did not reply to the question about your operating system. Vista is known for terrible sound.

geposted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 2:03 pm
Hi,

Sorry, I missed that about the OS - Win7 Home.

As promised, the new lappy has arrived, i5, 8GB RAM, Win8.

Now I can have all four decks playing, with effects and samples all over the top with not a glitch to be heard, all with a latency of 1ms. Amazing.

It's transformed the software, and the controller.

Thank you.

Happy little lamb.

Mike

geposted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 10:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)