Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Tracks Skip At Beginning - Denon SC3900

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SGS606PRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 12:15 pm
They know. We've been barking up this tree for while now

geposted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 7:40 pm
I say keep barking. Let them know the problem doesn't limit to a handful of users.

geposted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 7:57 pm
check in options for RampStartTime and RampScratchTime,in my scs1d I must use 0.0 on both to avoid that track skipping and MotorWheelInstantPlay to No to avoid any ramp-up on hotcues.

geposted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 7:07 am
Any fix? I'm having the same issue. This is a huge issue.

geposted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 6:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please try again with the latest Beta build 2117 and the setting motorwheellocktime set to a higher value (e.g. 2.0 instead of 1.0)

geposted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 3:13 pm
djdad wrote :
Please try again with the latest Beta build 2117 and the setting motorwheellocktime set to a higher value (e.g. 2.0 instead of 1.0)

Where can I get his Beta build from? Thanks

geposted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 7:12 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Spoonie- Enable 'beta' downloads in your account (on this site), as well as within VDJ 8, go into Settings -> Options and ensure that the 'Advanced Options' checkbox is ticked. Then search for 'beta' and enable that option.

Close VDJ 8, then re-open and wait a few minutes. You should have a popup telling you to install the latest build. Once it has restarted, go back into settings and look at the title bar of the window. You should have the latest beta build.

geposted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:45 am
dcomo wrote :
Spoonie- Enable 'beta' downloads in your account (on this site), as well as within VDJ 8, go into Settings -> Options and ensure that the 'Advanced Options' checkbox is ticked. Then search for 'beta' and enable that option.

Close VDJ 8, then re-open and wait a few minutes. You should have a popup telling you to install the latest build. Once it has restarted, go back into settings and look at the title bar of the window. You should have the latest beta build.

Thanks. I was able to get the download by enabling the option. But I wasn't able to try it out because VDJ8 doesn't want to work with my setup anymore (2 denon 3900's and 1X1700 mixer) . Before I was able to get one of the players going, now I can't even do that. very frustrating to say the least. VDJ8 is very inconsistent in the manner in which it finds my hardware. I'll bring up the VDJ8 software, not change a thing, and the player definitions will change. Sometimes I see "Denon X1700_1 1&2" Etc.. Sometimes I don't see the Denon mixer hardware listed at all after launching the software, and I'll see “SC_3900_1” etc.. instead. Keep in mind that I didn’t change anything in between the times a launched the software and had different results each time. AISO driver had all my hardware checked. I'm trying to use VDJ8 but after the 30 days I'm out. I’ve been spending way too much time trying to get this going.

Nothing should be this difficult to setup. The tabs in "Audio settings", are a nightmare to use. How do you use them? Do you only enter values in one of the tabs (output, card, input)? All three? When I check external mixer in the “Output” tab and put in the player settings, and then click “Internal soundcard”, the settings changed. Which settings are actually used? Then depending on what you put in “Output”, you might see the “Card” tab change to “Two sound cards” for no reason whatsoever. It’s confusing as all get out. Then there’s the “input” tab. My Denon X3900 are supported natively by VDJ8 but the timecode isn’t seen in the options, when I was able to get one of the players going, the “Timecode” option was blank, no way to analyze the signal. Doesn't seem right.

I really wanted to use VDJ8 but at this point I can’t. It’s a nightmare to setup with a DVS system and Atomix needs to figure out how to make the audio setup screen not so confusing. I’ll try back again in a year or so, maybe they will have it sorted out by then.

Or I might try to open up a ticket. But these tickets are nothing more than R&D for Atomix. Your system becomes a test bed to see if they can get it right. At that point your money should be refunded and Atomix should ask you if you want to be a part of the “beta” program. Because Atomix hasn’t been able to try out VDJ 8 on every possible system config (how can they, it’s impossible), you end up with folks who cannot get it to work but paid for software that they were under the impression would be functional. Even after being into tech since 1994, it amazes me that this stuff (incompatibility even though they say is compatible) still happens.

geposted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 10:49 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Spoonie_G wrote :
I'll bring up the VDJ8 software, not change a thing, and the player definitions will change. Sometimes I see "Denon X1700_1 1&2" Etc.. Sometimes I don't see the Denon mixer hardware listed at all after launching the software, and I'll see “SC_3900_1” etc.. instead. Keep in mind that I didn’t change anything in between the times a launched the software and had different results each time. AISO driver had all my hardware checked. I'm trying to use VDJ8 but after the 30 days I'm out. I’ve been spending way too much time trying to get this going.

I would only recommend checking the hardware you want to use for audio personally.

Spoonie_G wrote :
Nothing should be this difficult to setup. The tabs in "Audio settings", are a nightmare to use. How do you use them? Do you only enter values in one of the tabs (output, card, input)? All three? When I check external mixer in the “Output” tab and put in the player settings, and then click “Internal soundcard”, the settings changed. Which settings are actually used? Then depending on what you put in “Output”, you might see the “Card” tab change to “Two sound cards” for no reason whatsoever. It’s confusing as all get out. Then there’s the “input” tab. My Denon X3900 are supported natively by VDJ8 but the timecode isn’t seen in the options, when I was able to get one of the players going, the “Timecode” option was blank, no way to analyze the signal. Doesn't seem right.

You're using MIDI, not timecode. So timecode will be blank with no signal because you're not using timecode...

geposted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 12:44 pm
SBDJ wrote :

I would only recommend checking the hardware you want to use for audio personally.

Thanks. That's what I've been doing. I tried them all. I use the denon AISO driver and sometimes the hardware that I want to check isn't even listed. I've yet to come across anyone here who has 2 denon 2900's/3900's working with a X600,X1600, or X1700 mixer with VDJ8. I'd love to talk to them.

I think that Atomix needs better optimization of the Denon AISO drivers. I also have a reloop terminal mix 8 controller that I use with VDJ8. I've never had a problem with it. I've even lost the settings and set it back up again without an issue. The reloop AISO drivers and VDJ8 seem to get along well. Cant say that about the Denon Drivers.

geposted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 1:56 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't see how you would expect us to optimize the Denon drivers?

I was using an X1600 as my audio device for years; it never failed to appear in either v7 or v8. Something else is amiss on your system.

geposted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 2:55 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I don't see how you would expect us to optimize the Denon drivers?

I was using an X1600 as my audio device for years; it never failed to appear in either v7 or v8. Something else is amiss on your system.

Lucky you :) FWIW I got it to work by reconnecting my NI Audio 6 after tinkering for about an hour. I'll try to get the X1700 going again (Had it working with Traktor). Maybe its me but these things aren't plug-and-play.

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:11 pm
djdad wrote :

This worked!!! Thanks!!

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)