Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Atomix staff - Skin SDK needs more info on code

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

There have been a few brief mentions of <split> code here recently.

The VDJ 8 skin SDK only mentions <split> once, in the browser section. It says "Custom Browsers is also possible using <split> panels" but there's no more information.

Can we have some more info please?

EDIT: Title should say split code but I guess the <> made it invisible.

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 6:32 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*Calling DjDan, DjDan, to the skin wiki, thankyou*

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 10:07 am
This will be added once the bugs have been ironed out of it. If I get time this week I may add a brief example of how it works but the last time I checked the full browser <split> didn't work perfectly.

geposted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 4:22 pm
any (good?) news?

geposted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 4:10 am
Since posting, I have had a play around with <split> code and managed to get somewhere - but without documentation it's hard to know how to use it to its full extent.

@djtouchdan, if we wait for perfection we'll be here forever!

Get the wiki updated ASAP with all the new stuff for VDJ 8 so people can start learning it and using it to develop skins.

Whether things work 100% or not is secondary. There are already some quirks with other code, but it's still in the wiki. There are already released skins that use the imperfect code.

Thanks

geposted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 5:09 am
I have added some information about <window> element today. This is not everything but covers the basics.

Unfortunately because i don't work for Atomix I have to try and make time to update the WIKI. My day job is a Retail Store Manager and as you can imagine the run up to Christmas is extremely busy for me. I will do my best to add as and when i can. If you have something specific that needs changing or updating then please let me know via PM and i will do my best to rectify any errors as soon as possible.

geposted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 6:30 am
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djtouchdan wrote :
I have added some information about <window> element today. This is not everything but covers the basics.

Unfortunately because i don't work for Atomix I have to try and make time to update the WIKI. My day job is a Retail Store Manager and as you can imagine the run up to Christmas is extremely busy for me. I will do my best to add as and when i can. If you have something specific that needs changing or updating then please let me know via PM and i will do my best to rectify any errors as soon as possible.

"Sorry, you don't have the necessary accreditations to view this page."
you can see this page?

geposted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 6:58 am
I am editing it at the moment - it will be back soon ;-)

geposted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 7:11 am
Just saw, that
<split>
<up>...</up>
<down>...</down>
</split>
is now used in skins.

I wonder, where he got the syntax from? The WIKI was not updated for month....

So guys, PLEASE tell us skinners how to use <SLPIT>

geposted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 10:30 am
What skin did you see it in?

I'm amazed to see it's been almost two years since my original post, and still there's no info in the wiki. :-(

geposted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 4:55 pm

geposted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 8:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
<split name="splitname" type="vertical" position="0.5">
<separator close="up" size="14" color="#AABBCC" closed="no" />
<up>

</up>
<down>

</down>
</split>

type can also be horizontal, in which case the children are left and right instead of up and down
separator is optional

geposted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:32 pm
Talking about skins, one of the things I miss from VDJ7 was the multi-tabbed approach Matt used in skins like Vmix 5.4

You could easily swap window view by clicking a tab and even have it different for each deck.

To date I don't think this skinning method has been used since.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 3:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Keith, the method you mentioned is just static panels and nothing has been changed in that. Its up to the skinners to go that way and provide skins that work similar to what that mentioned skin offers.
We are talking about Split panels, introduced in version 8 , kinda what you see in the Browser where the nested split panels can be resized on the fly. In the past i have tried to use those split panels in some skins, but it turned out not much useful. Its quite useful though if you want to create your own custom Browser.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 4:03 pm
Adion wrote :
<split name="splitname" type="vertical" position="0.5">
<separator close="up" size="14" color="#AABBCC" closed="no" />
<up>

</up>
<down>

</down>
</split>

type can also be horizontal, in which case the children are left and right instead of up and down
separator is optional

i found out "split" inside up/down could be:
browser
sampler
sideview

any way to get sidelist / automix solo like sampler?

geposted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 5:20 pm
next question:
button resizeY="no" resizeX="no" attachY="up" attachX="left" action="sampler_bank -1"

what means resizeY and attachX?

geposted Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 7:38 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
resizeY and attachX= grösse y reskalieren, und das zweite ließe sich mit X anhängen übersetzen, bzw X anfügen an

hoffe es hilft vllt

( tried to translate it without knowing the context, someone more qualified than me could surely explain it some more, nevermind, best regards)

geposted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 2:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Inside up/down left/right is just a panel, so it can have any object you like.

resizeX/resizeY can be yes or no if you want the object to be resized when the split resizes.
For a browser list you typically want it to get bigger/smaller based on the split, but for a button you might want it to keep the same size.

attachX/attachY define the side to which the object attaches and follows movement of the split
(can be up/down/left/right/both)

<filelist source="x"> is the just the list, with source can be sidelist, sideview, automix or karaoke

geposted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 6:40 am
thx!!!!!

geposted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 7:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)