Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Button Clipmask/Mousemask "to be avoided" in 8 - why?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Why does the VDJ 8 skin SDK say to avoid using clipmask and mousemask for buttons?

I've run into an issue with buttons on a panel in an old skin that I've been updating to work in VDJ 8.

What's supposed to happen is that the graphic below the buttons changes when the mouse is over the button. Different graphic for each button.

The problem (when using 8) is that the graphic only changes for the right hand button - the one listed second in the code.

If I change the code order so the left button is listed last, then only the graphic for the left button works.

Is this a bug? What's causing this?

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 8:34 am
You don't use masks if you use a PNG with a transparent background.

Of course if your not using a transparent background then you'll still need the masks.

Sounds like something not correct in the code but without seeing it I'm not sure.

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 12:37 pm
No, there's no transparent BG here. It's all done the old way.

The code should be correct, as it's been written by an established/experienced skinner and works fine in VDJ versions pre-8.

The original skin is here and the offending code (panels 20, 21, 23 & 24 - above the CPU meters) starts at 3257.

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 1:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do u have version="7" or "8" in the 1st line ? (sorry dont have much time to take a look).

Masks should indeed be avoided in version 8 (transparent) skins, at they consume more cpu (at least thats what i was told from the Devs.

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:03 pm
8, but I just tried it with 7 and it makes no difference. Same issue.

I'm guessing I could use a different way of displaying the graphic below the buttons (using visual?) because the buttons themselves do what they're supposed to, and they change colour when hovered over etc. It's just the graphics below that are causing a problem.

Here's an edit from the image file. The panels normally look like the left side.

When the buttons are used, the lower part is supposed to change to what you see on the right (blue for A and red for B) but it only displays for B - when the code is listed as A followed by B. Swap the code around (B then A) and only A works.

geposted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:26 pm
Just FYI:
A Mask should ONLY have bittonal color, Black and White. Any "Gray" pixel will render as black. So, If you use "shaders" it won't work ;)
For this kind of implementation you should use overlays...

geposted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 6:34 am
So why is the code not working correctly in VDJ 8?

What's causing this issue (i.e. the mask works on one side of the button but not the other)? Why does the order of the code affect the result?

geposted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 7:52 am
BUMP

So what are my options here? How can I get this working with VDJ 8 in a similar way graphically to how it worked in VDJ 7 and earlier?

i.e. when the mouse is over the button (or the button is clicked) the graphic in the area below the buttons changes.

geposted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 9:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)