Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: make a button light up when a certain sound file is playing (vdjscript howto)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all.

I'm trying to get a button light up only when, and for as long as, a specific audio file is playing.
The button light should turn off when that specific file is not playing anymore...

Is this possible with vdjscript?

geposted Sun 12 Jul 15 @ 5:03 am
In other words: can vdjscript repeat queries until a certain result (song playing true/false) is reached?

geposted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 10:55 am
apparently not possible :(

geposted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 1:52 pm
It IS possible, but the code is not "pretty" at all:

deck 1 get_filename & param_equal 'My File.mp3' ? deck 1 play ? on : off : deck 2 get_filename & param_equal 'My File.mp3' ? deck 2 play ? on : off : deck 3 get_filename & param_equal 'My File.mp3' ? deck 3 play ? on : off : deck 4 get_filename & param_equal 'My File.mp3' ? deck 4 play ? on : off : off

If you use more than 4 decks you need to enter the following code before the last off (in bold):
deck X get_filename & param_equal 'My File.mp3' ? deck X play ? on : off
where X=5,6,7,8 e.t.c.

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 12:56 pm
MANY thanks, Phantom!!! :)

The problem is :( that unfortunately on MY computer I cannot make the "deck 1 get_filename & param_equal 'My File.mp3' ? " condition work... ever! And I tried and tried.... It simply will not work. I'm still using VDJ7 on a W7U32bit machine... maybe that's why it won't work. And this won't work either on my machine: "deck 1 load 'Myfile.mp3' ?" Those queries just don't work! :(

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 1:18 pm
Yes the code is for VirtualDj 8.

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 1:58 pm
cheers, phantom..
that explains a lot!

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 2:38 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Still not solved why it wouldn't work for v7 if you use get filename instead of get_filename.
Maybe the v7 action can only be used in skins to display the filename but not for comparison actions. I don't know...

geposted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 3:05 pm
@ any of the moderators:
DJDAD explained to me that posts about skins and vdjscript should go in the skinning forum.
Please, feel free to move this post there.
I apologize for posting in the wrong section.

geposted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 3:14 am
PachN wrote :
Still not solved why it wouldn't work for v7 if you use get filename instead of get_filename.
Maybe the v7 action can only be used in skins to display the filename but not for comparison actions. I don't know...

Because V7 could not compare text with VDJ script ;)

geposted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 11:10 am
...and that settles that!

THANK YOU Phantom!
:)

geposted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 1:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)