Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: android remote vdj8 guide - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Shouldn't there be a (complete noob) guide somewhere for the android remote setup? I can't find it...

The only info I can find is in this thread: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/201330/General_Discussion/_NEW__VirtualDJ_Remote_v_8_available_now_for_iOS_and_Android_.html?search=remote&page=1

Silly me, I just bought the app thinking it would connect over Bluetooth, but in the description they only talk about WIFI... My DJ computer does not have a network card because I don't want it online ever. I used a USB dongle to activate Windows (and Virtual DJ). So connecting over WIFI is out of the question. Then I discovered that my tablet doesn't have Bluetooth (WTF?). What are my options?

P.S.: I'm a total noob in wireless PC connections. I haven't worked with VNP connections yet. I installed Bonjour from Apple, but still no dice. I configured the tablet as a WIFI hotspot, still nothing.

I would buy another tablet, if necessary, one with BT... But is it even working with Bluetooth? Working properly, that is. Because I read somewhere that Scott didn't recommend a Bluetooth connection... He would have his reasons...

geposted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 5:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
We recommend using a Wi-Fi connection, however it will work over any local IP network connection, so bluetooth or USB tethering should also be fine. You may find bluetooth a bit more laggy though.

geposted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 6:48 pm
So is there a connection setup guide available, Scott? Do I need Bonjour? Is Bleutooth the only option for non-network card computers?

geposted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 7:14 pm
Bonjour on your PC gives you the ability to automatically connect without manually entering the IP address.

If you have no WiFi or Bluetooth then you would have to USB tether.

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 3:54 am
LOL! A USB cable would defeat the whole object of a remote comtrol, wouldn't it?

I (will) have Bluetooth (soon), so I'm gonna go that way. Is Bonjour needed for Bluetooth aswell?

...So, no guide for the complete and utter idiots then?
;)

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 1:11 pm
Bluetooth will not work that well, the latency will kill it.

The notion of never putting a PC online in case something goes wrong is just silly. If the OS is up to date and a firewall set correctly you will have no problems at all.

You can still add a wifi card but disable internet access.

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 1:44 pm
Interesting, Kradcliff... How would that work: a wifi card without internet?
Would my PC be a WIFI hotspot (emitter) and the VDJ remot tablet a WIFI guest (receiver)?
If I may be so bold.. could you explain in layman terms the setup (without Internet)?

And Bluetooth is not really an option worth considering?

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 2:28 pm
You have to get online to post here, so I don't get it. Maybe he's worried about the boogie man. I'm online now and playing now, with my anti virus/spyware on. I don't know how you can expect to get the most from this app, if you don't want to use the best options.

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 2:32 pm
You can create an ad-hoc network between the PC and the tablet. Programs like Connectify allow you to do this easily.

Suggest you do a bit of googling to see what your best options are.

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 2:42 pm
I'm on my home computer, now.
My deejaying rig is standalone (offline).

Will do Kradcliff! Thank you for the utility tip! :)

geposted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 2:42 pm
To answer my own question...
Here it is, the official VDJ remote setup guide:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iRemote%20Setup%20Guide.html
:)

By the way, Scott, as it turns out: bluetooth is not an option... (see the first note on this page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iRemote.html). I read about the bluetooth option but my tablet did not have bluetooth, so I bought a second tablet with bluetooth this time, as it turns out, in vain...

This was confirmed in a ticket by VDJ tech assistance. It should be made more clearly, or references of bluetooth being an option should be deleted from the forum to avoid other people going to expenses for the bluetooth option!

geposted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 2:28 am
As I say any local IP connection will work for Android devices, eg Ethernet, USB ethernet, USB tether, WiFi or Bluetooth tether/PAN.

As I have said previously bluetooth will work but will be suboptimal. It should absolutely be a last resort rather than a connection of choice.

geposted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 8:22 am
So... it actually does work with bluetooth, just not that well?
I see. Thanks for the corrective info!

geposted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:40 am
Okay gang...I need help here.

I recently purchased the Virtual DJ Remote App. I've never used Virtual DJ Remote before and the first time I connected with my laptop just fine when it recognized my tablet.

Second time, it didn't connect or want to connect with the tablet, and on the laptop I made the mistake of hitting the "Forget" button and it hasn't been able to recognize my tablet or connect with it again ever since then.

How do I get this issue corrected so that the Laptop recognizes the tablet again so that I can use Virtual DJ Remote with my android tablet. I can't even find the connecting IP and Port numbers on my tablet anymore to try and connect that way, and I've even followed the instructions on how to get to the tablet's IP but it won't show the Port number.

Please HELP!

geposted Wed 09 Mar 16 @ 2:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Open the settings.xml file from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder using a Text Editor and search for "Remote"
There should be a setting named as <vdjRemoteDevices /> and probably has a list with devices there.
Delete the entire line of the setting, Save and launch VDJ again.

geposted Wed 09 Mar 16 @ 3:12 am
I found a little tricky to be able to get remote vdj8 to work.

There should be a guide with some exemples.

I have an Android Sony xperia Z3C, a lenovo laptop with Win10 that runs Vdj8.

Connected to the same wireless network at home, VDJ is not able to connect to the remote vdj8 phone. It does not even see it.

But even if that would work, there would still be the problem of using it in a place without a wifi connection.

In win10 they cut off the option to simply set up an ad-hoc wireless network. There is a workaround, using the command prompt. But your wifi hardware has to support the hotspot feature.

My laptop is a recent one, but its wifi card is one of them that cannot act as a hotspot. I updated the drivers, but still no luck.

I ended up using my mobilephone as a wifi hostpot (native feature). Then I can connect to that network with my laptop.
I start Remote Vdj8, but still it cannot connect automatically.
I tap on the screen of Remote Vdj8 and it shows me the IP address I can then type in Vdj (settings->remote->add new device) on the laptop.
Done!

Works fine :)

geposted Sun 17 Apr 16 @ 8:15 pm
...or you could install bonjour ;)

geposted Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 1:34 pm
abrasaxPRO SubscriberMember since 2012
... and then your local PC Tech will be dispatched to remove all the junk apps that install with the Bonjour bundle. js

geposted Thu 19 May 16 @ 3:55 am

geposted Thu 19 May 16 @ 5:16 am
Please how can I get the Vdj remote software for free without me paying for it?

geposted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 9:52 pm
95%