Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Rekordbox to become "proper" DJ software ...... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

geposted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 7:30 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Here's the explanation as to why they didn't allow the XDJ-1000 to work with DJ software...they'll probably be supporting it exclusively with this new software.

geposted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 7:58 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm surprise that this did not became as HOT as I've expected.

Let's see if this will change once it's officially released in September.

BTW... They welcome Beta testers on the Pioneer site.

geposted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 10:47 am
The takeover begins........

geposted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 3:57 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Here's the explanation as to why they didn't allow the XDJ-1000 to work with DJ software...they'll probably be supporting it exclusively with this new software.

Unless I've missed something, the XDJ-1000 is natively supported by Virtual. It's listed as such.

geposted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 11:58 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I remember the big Pioneer karaoke laser disk's, and their Pioneer players which was supposed to be the top of the range in the mid 90's.
They rapidly became obsolete due to their large size, and high cost.
The humble CD+G disk exterminated these monsters.

Cost effective, reasonably sized, professional systems will dominate in the end.
It becomes a question of who the supplier will be ?

Pioneer seem to like big, and expensive ?
That could be a mistake.

Pioneer would do well to think about their past failures.

geposted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:23 pm
Pioneer are the Apple of the DJ world. Their products are expensive and in some cases not very good.

But like Apple, as long as DJ's care more about the brand name and looks nothing will change.

Denon were their only "real" competition, but now they have been taken over by the owners of Numark little has been released of any stature so Pioneer are really on their own at the moment.

geposted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:35 pm
djoddity wrote :
bagpuss wrote :

Unless I've missed something, the XDJ-1000 is natively supported by Virtual. It's listed as such.

I guess he means XDJ-RX not XDJ-1000.
XDJ-1000 is indeed natively supported by VirtualDj 8

geposted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:53 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Yes you're right I meant the XDJ-RX, there's too many models lol

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 5:58 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Didnt see anything about perform videos ?

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 11:45 am
And a new 2 channel battle mixer coming soon . if this software is as stable as Rekord box I'll be jumping ship except for video but then I Mix Emergency for that.......

Time will tell but I think this is good.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 12:59 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

Denon were their only "real" competition, but now they have been taken over by the owners of Numark little has been released of any stature so Pioneer are really on their own at the moment.

I have been wondering why Denon haven't released anything, the 6000mk2 was a downgrade and the 4000 was another budget controller amongst hundreds of other budget line controllers, wheres the decent controller?

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:05 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
wheres the decent controller?

Exactly. A new updated MC6000 Mk1 with buttons that work and a mic that doesn't overload would be brilliant instead of all that budget Serato crap that has been coming from them lately.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:57 pm
Well let's see what's on the cards at BPM next month.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:27 pm
I have rekodbox as my backup, backup system should VDJ go wrong. Although having used VDJ since v5 it hasn't gone wrong yet.

I think rekorbox will have to make quite a few changes to be anywhere near as good as VDJ.
The way you have to organize you music is rubbish, and you are limited to 999 folders, so I have had to combine loads of albums into single folders. All my cdpool ones for instance.
Their song browser is very slow, and the way you edit track tags is a nightmare.
Also their main skin has no way of increasing the font size to a size I can easily read from a standing up straight position.
Lack of a automix list.

The only things I can think of as plus points for Rekorbox are the ability to connect 2 laptops at once, and it seems to give me better sound quality.

All in all I can see myself changing from VDJ, but I would definately try a dj friendly version of rekordbox.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 5:45 pm
It's not even out yet! And how many folders do you need?? Also IMO I don't think Rekordbox is really aimed at the mobile, wedding or KJ's in general?? It's more for club DJ's IMO.

I do agree the library sucks and does need an overhaul but I'm confident this will be changed in the new version.

Everything you mentioned is just your opinion and in the grand scheme of things seems trival to me exception being library management.......

The TAKEOVER has begun 😜

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:12 pm
I agree with the fact it's not aimed at the mobile dj, as rekordbox is a song preparation software, which was designed for club djs in order to prepare their songs for their sets in advance, and not really for use at a gig.

You are right that it's just my opinion. But I still think they are valid points. It's the little things that make the overall product great, or not so great. And for me, these are things I don't like about rekordbox.
I think rekordbox will be aiming their software towards the mobile djs, as this is a big slice of the whole dj market.

As a mobile dj I have more than 999 albums, and each album is stored as its own folder, so I do need more than 999.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:39 pm
I'm gonna have to disagree on them aiming towards the mobile market, they haven't yet and they hold the biggest share on the controller market.........

And yeah I see how the folder limit could hold you back, lol! That a ton of folders.

But yeah let's wait and see what comes out 👍

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 7:05 pm
But Pioneer now sell shitty cheap plastic controllers for the price of a happy meal. Surely they are not aimed at the club market?

geposted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:38 am
djservices wrote :
As a mobile dj I have more than 999 albums, and each album is stored as its own folder, so I do need more than 999.

Well you don't NEED to store each album in its own folder! :-)

I din't see why that's necessary when using MP3s, as each track is an individual thing - the concept of albums is just a leftover from the days of vinyl and CD.

If you really must, you can still find tracks that belong to one album if you have them fully tagged. They don't need to be in the same folder to do that.

geposted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 11:52 am
18%