Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Have to pay to use your own equipment? - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

And since when has DJ software supported GPS tracking, which laptops have GPS built in?

What if you live next door to the venue you work in?

Nice try but no cigar .........

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:14 pm
Anytime I see these threads, all I can think of is this and how all these people think they are entitled to something extra for 100% free.

You bought a piece of hardware and that's it. If you want it to work to it's absolute best, buy the software. It's like buying a PC and getting mad that it doesnt come with Microsoft Office to open word docs, spread sheets, or power point presentations. Sure, there are free versions out there like Google Docs that will make it work, but if you want full features...you gotta pay for legit stuff.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:15 pm
there are other ways of tracking location other than gps...

and it is pretty likely that I'm going to pay for a licence (like i mentioned earlier) however I don't agree with it and I'm voicing my opinion as to why.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:18 pm
Will you also be contacting Numark to complain that you had to actually pay money for their product too? The cheek of them to charge for it!!!

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:22 pm
nope as there was a price along with the advertised product. however when i see free for home use on the download page i think (so would most people):
'oh its free for home use' not 'oh this is free unless i have a product to enhance my experience'

again on the download page: https://i.gyazo.com/a6a8d3f5f81d200b4329783082e092a7.png
nowhere does it mention that an extra fee will be involved for people using dedicated hardware.

it honestly feels like a money grabbing tactic. However if it was made clear prior to downloading that depending on what hardware your using there may be an extra charge then people would feel less 'cheated' for want of a better word.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:34 pm
as i said 'if it was made clear prior to downloading'. you can access the download link without knowing any different.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:35 pm

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK, but there are other restrictions too that you may not think apply to a 'home user' - for example if you were to put the video output onto your TV you wouldn't be able to remove the VirtualDJ logo.

We can't list all those before you click download, which is why there is a comparison chart right above the download button.

You aren't being cheated out of any money - we aren't holding you to ransom at all. You can either purchase, or not purchase - the choice is entirely yours.

It's always worth looking into products a little before you just download and install them :)

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:40 pm
how about:
'Free for home use*'
then lower down the page

'*doesnt apply to: (list possible reasons as to why this may not be 'free for home use')'

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:43 pm
This is not about how you feel, or what anyone thinks. This is the way it is. It is not our fault that you or anyone else failed to read the fine print. It does not say "free for home use with any controller". This is taught at a very early age, buyer beware. The situation will not change, and you have stated your opinion. You bought a product, that does not come with this software. If you want to use this software with that controller, it will cost you some money. You may not like it, but that's the way it is. The choice is yours.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:46 pm
Your lack of research is not reason for Atomix to bend over for you. Take this as a lesson learned. Spend time researching a product before making a commitment.
And still, you are not left high and dry.... you have the software that came with the controller. Use it and have fun.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:49 pm
Nobody's stopping you using it at home for free. It doesn't say "free for use with controllers" does it?

People who want something for nothing are not very likely to be spending $$$ on a controller are they?

You're not a home user, you're an advanced home user - and could potentially use VDJ with your controller to go out and earn money. With the "Controller" license, Atomix are giving you a discount compared to the full pro/Infinity license, and trusting you not to break their T&C.

the POS serato that came with it doesn't even work.. but that's besides the point

no but it does say 'free for home use'

here are the facts:
-I'm at home
-I'm using it
-I'ts not free

tell me I'm wrong?

You can use the software for free, you can't use the Mixtrack Pro 3 for free. Be mad at Numark for pairing it with crappy software.
Or do like I suggest, return it, get the Mixtrack 3, it comes with VDJ LE. You will be happy camper, and it is cheaper than that Pro.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:53 pm
Ah, but then he'll be complaining about having to buy an audio interface!

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:55 pm
This conversation is going nowhere. We heard you, now what are you going to do?

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:56 pm
avoiding the point as expected....

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:01 pm
As has been stated, it is what it is. It can not be stated any clearer.

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:04 pm
its very obvious this guy don't know how to run serato nor is he interested in actually purchasing VDj pro seems to me like he wants to think he can be a Dj but don't wanna put the work in it i have been a Dj for over 10 years and have put my hard time and hard earned money into it it started out as a hobby for me as well and grew into a passion for witch now i get paid to do what i love but if you planned on making money from a gig or something then you would need to purchase the pro version otherwise stop boo hooing and crying and grow up and invest in your passion like the rest of us that do

geposted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:16 pm
98%