Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Trying to re-create the prelisten control

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi I am new to these forums, so be gentle :)
I am pottering around with skin creation by making a few alterations to the default VDJ8 skin to add a few buttons etc for my own personal use. I've been doing OK so far, but I'm having a problem creating a custom prelisten control. I have created my own panel which sits over the top of the existing side panels and can be made visible by using a button (this works OK). But I have added a slider to create the prelisten control and it isn't working properly. It shows the position just fine, but when I click on it to change the playing position, VDJ crashes and restarts. I'm hoping it's something simple I have overlooked. This is my slider code:
<code>
<slider action="prelisten_pos" orientation="horizontal">
<pos x="+30" y="+39"/>
<size width="160" height="12"/>
<up x="175" y="1175"/>
<selected x="175" y="1187"/>
</slider>
</code>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

geposted Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 7:25 pm
Oh great the <code> tags didn't work - great start! :-(

geposted Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 7:26 pm
Try something like this (without <code> </code>)

<slider action="prelisten_pos" orientation="horizontal">
<pos x="+30" y="+39"/>
<size width="160" height="12"/>
<up x="175" y="1175"/>
<selected x="175" y="1187"/>
</slider>

geposted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 9:02 pm
Haha the <code> tags were for the post. I thought u were supposed to post code inside tags on here. I haven't put those in the skin XML

geposted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 10:11 pm
It's [ code ] [ /code] not <code> </code> ;)

geposted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 2:36 am
Oh what a dumbass. Thanks. I'll know next time.
Anyone help with my problem (not my lack of posting ability)

geposted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 10:31 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It's [ code ] [ /code] not <code> </code> ;)

Why are these things not listed any more when composing a new message?

geposted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 4:54 pm
Anyone help with my original problem please?
Where's DJDAD when you need him? He seems to fix everyone's problems :)

geposted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 1:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to add a <fader>
So it should look like..
<slider .....>
<pos .... />
<size .... />
<up .../>
<selected ... />
<fader>
<pos x="" y=""/>
<size width="" height=""/>
</fader>

</slider>
as per the Skin SDK even if the fader has width|height="0"

PS. If it doesnt work, then it may need to have at least 1 pixel height/width... not sure.. cant recall.

geposted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 11:46 pm
You know I could have sworn I tried adding the <fader> element (obviously not)
It doesn't make it clear on the Wiki page that this is a mandatory option.
DJDAD you are awesome thanks :)

geposted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 6:12 pm
I hope it's ok to ask a further question on this topic, although it's a different problem with creating the same control?

Just to get my functionality working correctly, I have copied the graphic that is used for the deck 1 loop position (the one that shows up blue) into an un-used portion of the skin png file. I then changed the blue to another colour (so it didn't get confused with deck 1), set the alpha channel mask (I don't fully understand this bit) to include the same range of pixels as the original item and saved it. I have then used the same size definitions as the original item to reproduce my prelisten slider. Functionally it works (thanks to DJDAD's input earlier in this post). But I get a white line showing along the bottom of my slider as the track progresses. I did assume this was because the mask includes one pixel below the graphic for it's entire length, but so does the original and it has a light grey line underneath it. What have I done wrong? I have used Paint Shop Pro to change the graphic.

While I'm at it, if I view the PNG in Windows Picture Viewer and then in PSP, some items do look different colours. Is there a better graphics program I should use or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

geposted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 2:56 pm
Just to add - I'm using PSP version 6, which at first glance, appears to only handle images up to 24 bit depth, which may explain this problem?

geposted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 5:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to add a thin black outline to your graphics (where the white outline shows). In general, avoid having semi-transparent edges.
I use Corel Draw so cant help you with any other graphics application.

geposted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 6:08 pm
Ok thanks for that. I'm going to see if I can get a newer version of PSP first as I think the bit depth issue may be the problem.

Anyone recommend anything else?

geposted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 9:39 pm
Personally I use Photoshop. I have no issues at all with it. Also avoid using masks for graphics. Since version 8 uses transparency of the PNG masks are not really needed unless you want to create a <mousemask>

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 12:55 pm
I've got the latest version of Paint Shop Pro now and it works fine. Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

geposted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 9:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)