Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: visibility of panel at software launch

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have several panelgroups in my skin. The panels are triggered by buttons that activate certain variables.
<panel name="LISTPANEL" visible="var 'PANEL' 3">

When I start VDJ8, I would like to have one panel of each group visible. I used to do that in VDJ7 with "visible=yes" (and the rest of the group "visible=no"), but if I would do that now, I would lose the possibility to activate the panel with a button: "visible=var 'PANEL' 3"...

How can I have both (a panel showing at startup and still include the visibility trigger for that panel) ?

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:17 pm
You need to set the variables on the skin startup.
There are three ways:
1) Set <ONINIT> element of skin to set the variables you wish <oninit action="set 'mypanel' 1 & set 'myotherpanel' 2"/>
2) Make sure that ONE panel of each group is associated with an unset parameter (since all parameters on startup are equal to 0) <panel name="LISTPANEL" visible="var 'PANEL' 0">
3) Use persistent variables for your panels which is what most skins do nowdays. A persistent variable is saved between different sessions of the software. <panel name="LISTPANEL" visible="var '@PANEL' 3"> The @ in front makes it a persistent variable. Of course you will need to adjust your buttons accordingly.

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:26 pm
Wow... much useful info here. THANK YOU Phantom!

I had already tried the init action opion but it did not work...
<init action="headphone_volume 30% & master_volume 70% & deck 1 level 0% & deck 2 level 0% & deck 3 level 0% & deck 4 level 0% & deck 5 level 0% & set 'PANEL' 3 & set 'LOOPSPANEL' 1 & set 'EFFECTSPANEL' 1"/>

Do you see something wrong with this code?

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:30 pm
<oninit action="headphone_volume 30% & master_volume 70% & deck 1 level 0% & deck 2 level 0% & deck 3 level 0% & deck 4 level 0% & deck 5 level 0% & deck 1 set 'PANEL' 3 & deck 1 set 'LOOPSPANEL' 1 & deck 1 set 'EFFECTSPANEL' 1 & deck 2 set 'PANEL' 3 & deck 2 set 'LOOPSPANEL' 1 & deck 2 set 'EFFECTSPANEL' 1"/>
Variables without $ in front (e.g '$MyGlobalVar') are local to a deck and they need to be assigned individually per deck

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:59 pm
PS: A global persistent variable would be '@$MyPersistentGlobalVar'

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 7:01 pm
Everything clear now, Phantom...
Many thanks!!!
:)

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 7:08 pm
P.S. For anyone reading this thread: the correct syntax of the inital commands at software launch is:

<oninit action="..."/>

geposted Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 9:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)