Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: strange behaviour eq deck 1 when deck 2 selected

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am in the process of adapting my touch screen skin to VDJ8. I just noticed that, when, for instance, deck 1 is selected, the equalizer buttons from other decks also move the equalizer from the selected deck... This was not the case in VDJ7.

This is my code:
<button action="deck 1 pfl & deck 1 select">

and:
<button action="repeat & deck 3 eq_low +10%">

Do I need to add something there for VDJ8?

EDIT: actually, I said that wrong (in the title)... it should be: deck 3 eq controls move the deck 1 (or 2) controls when deck 1 (or 2) is selected!

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 5:32 pm
Now I KNOW something's wrong with my (vdj7) script code in VDJ8: if I push the pfl button for deck 4 (or 5), the pfl button for the selected deck (1 or 2) also reacts!

So I'm guessing I need to make certain thing exclusive and others global...

This is my code:
<button action="deck 1 pfl & deck 1 select">
<button action="deck 2 pfl & deck 2 select">

and:
<button action="deck 4 pfl">
<button action="deck 5 pfl">

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong (in other words: what has changed since VDJ8)?

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 5:57 pm
And here's the Grand Prize: when I use the pfl button on deck 1, the volume sliders of decks 4 and 5 go to 8%, and when I use the pfl button on deck 2, the volume sliders of deck 4 and 5 go to 100%!

I'm puzzled...

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 5:59 pm
And when I move the volume sliders from decks 4 or 5, the volume slider from the selected deck (1 or 2) also move!

I know it's probably a silly little thing I forgot to put in, a thing that is now necessary in VDJ8 but was not in VDJ7, but I can't think of what it could be...

By the way: I don't need or want fader buttons in my skin, so I made them "invisible" by giving them this code:
<fader>
<size width="1" height="1"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</fader>
For each fader, the position is different, but the size is always 1 pixel...

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 6:09 pm
Is there maybe some further code to asign the fader to one specific deck?

Because it doesn't seem to be enough that the fader is inside the slider definition...

%fader doesn't work...

I'm at a loss here...

geposted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 9:15 am
Since you are not using defines and classes (unless you do ???) try this:

<button deck="1" action="my_action">
<pos x="" y=""/>
<size width="" height=""/>
<up x="" y=""/>
<down x="" y=""/>
<tooltip>MyTooltip</tooltip>
</button>

geposted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 12:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
how do you specify the deck in the actions in your skin ?
Do you use <deck deck="x" > </deck> or use deck x before each action ?
You said volume faders move incorrectly.. Can you post the code for them here ?

geposted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 1:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Does your skin properly define that it is a 5-deck skin?

geposted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 5:00 pm
@Phantom: How on Earth did you know that? Indeed, I find the define and class verbs confusing and don't use them. In my skin I ALWAYS define the deck the action is referring to. But with the fader that is impossible, since - as I read in the vdjscript SDK - it has no action. So I just have fader...
This is my code for deck 1:
<slider action="deck 1 level" orientation="vertical" direction="up">
<size width="43" height="460"/>
<pos x="619" y="37"/>
<up x="619" y="37"/>
<selected x="759" y="1118"/>
<down x="759" y="1118"/>
<fader>
<size width="1" height="1"/>
<pos x="150" y="0"/>
</fader>
</slider>
I will try and put the deck in front of the action with every button, slider and visual and see if it works... (edit: actually, I'll include them in deck blocks - see below)
:) Thank you for your continuous input!

@DJDad: You're right! That is possible now. I plainly forgot about it (although I did do it with the panels that way)! And I really like this syntax. Much more logical (and practical when working with notepad++). I'll revise my skin and put in the <deck deck="x" > </deck> blocks and remove the individual deck references. Thank you! How stupid of me.

About the code: see above. I took this code from my VDJ7 skin and merely added the fader part (which seems to be mandatory now in VDJ8, because without it, the software crashes).

@Adion: I ALWAYS declare the number of decks in the first line of my skins (he said proudly)... (pause)... BUT... it seems that this time I forgot it!!! (shame on me)
I'll put it in and see if it solves the problem. Thank you!

geposted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 6:46 pm
Thank you very much for the info, gentlemen.
My skin now works as expected (...at least as far as the aforementioned odd behaviour is concerned)!
:)

geposted Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 12:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)