Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Color Coding music...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Greetings. I just have to say thanks to the programmers that added color coding to the music tracks. I download a lot of music. And there are soooohhhh many re-mixes out it is tough to remember which are mellow and which are high energy.

This is how I'm keeping track:

Red: Hottest peak hour
Hot Pink: before 11 pm.
Grey: Early grooves for a mellow vibe.
Orange: Transitions
Yellow: Instrumentals
Light Blue: Acapellas
Green: Requests from Management
White: New plays not reviewed yet.

The system is working incredibly well. And there is one thing I'd like to see in a future release.

I'd like the ability to index the songs by color. Now that would be impressive.

geposted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 5:55 am
if by index you mean sort .. turn on the color column and you can do just that

geposted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 9:09 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Or if you mean show them by color just create a filterfolder with

Color = red

Or

Group by color

geposted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 1:07 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
Greetings. I just have to say thanks to the programmers that added color coding to the music tracks. I download a lot of music. And there are soooohhhh many re-mixes out it is tough to remember which are mellow and which are high energy.

This is how I'm keeping track:

Red: Hottest peak hour
Hot Pink: before 11 pm.
Grey: Early grooves for a mellow vibe.
Orange: Transitions
Yellow: Instrumentals
Light Blue: Acapellas
Green: Requests from Management
White: New plays not reviewed yet.

The system is working incredibly well. And there is one thing I'd like to see in a future release.

I'd like the ability to index the songs by color. Now that would be impressive.

White****POP
Blue****Blues
Green****Clean
Brown****Old School
Purple****Soul
Pink*****Jazz
Red****Explicit
Grey**** C U
Yellow*** Inst

geposted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 5:33 pm
It's for sure a nice feature. I use Yellow as big hits, Red as a Do not play/NO-NO song(s) for the event, Blueish/Purple (I'm part color blind so not sure what I'm seeing lol) as slow songs. I've tried to use other colors for other things but I just don't trust my eyes well enough for it to work.

geposted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 6:17 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJWrenocide wrote :
Red as a Do not play/NO-NO song(s)

my DO NOT PLAY is RED lol

geposted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 7:18 am
I use the colour (English lol) to indicate the type of music, because, getting over 100 new tunes every month from Promo Only I couldn't remember all the new tracks and what style of music they are.

Most of my music for this year is colour coded, dunno if I'll ever go back to previous years to do it, but then, I'm more likely to know the contents of older tracks anyway.

Oh, and when I'm working with bands or singers I ask for their playlist and temporarily change the songs to Red so I don't play the same songs as they are. ;-)

geposted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 8:00 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
I use the colour (English lol) to indicate the type of music, because, getting over 100 new tunes every month from Promo Only I couldn't remember all the new tracks and what style of music they are.

Most of my music for this year is colour coded, dunno if I'll ever go back to previous years to do it, but then, I'm more likely to know the contents of older tracks anyway.

Oh, and when I'm working with bands or singers I ask for their playlist and temporarily change the songs to Red so I don't play the same songs as they are. ;-)

I do exactly the same, I've a gig at the Fairfield Halls (Croydon) on December 27th and there are all kinds of acts before I start and I've already got the DO NOT play list for the same reason

geposted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 10:01 pm
I am using colors to define my music sorting project, i define if a file can be deleted, or sorted further, if the file has been sorted i can identify edm, unmixed, billboards, remix service and so on. As I draw close to finishing this I am going to drastically change the colors so I can clearly see my files have landed in relevant filters. Like EDM is all a red color now, I may make house yellow lets say. Then I can go cruise my other filters and make sure it wasnt picked up by some other stray filter. My OCD won this round, but its been fun. Going to make life so much easier now!

geposted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 6:48 pm
pseft wrote :
DJWrenocide wrote :
Red as a Do not play/NO-NO song(s)

my DO NOT PLAY is RED lol

My DoNotPlay is "delete" no need to mark with color ;-)

geposted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 6:21 pm
Colouring coding is the best. But I now realise that mine doesn't get the colour coding from serato. I remember it did that in an update, but not anymore.

geposted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 8:44 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
How about color cue marks. I love to see happen.

geposted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 10:12 pm
So incredibly HAPPY. I found the perfect way to set up the skin. Colors are indexed with BPM and KEY.

Control of music is the best it's ever been in my career DJing. Much better than carrying 18 crates of records and having them indexed by BPM and their cover.

One question though. Is indexing done by "rainbow" coloring math. It doesn't seem so.

When I Index "white" is between "green" and "red". Doesn't it belong at the top or bottom? Do I have any control of the 0000 to 9999 ?

I don't see any "INDEX" listings in VDJ scripting. And what would a script look like? Command: Index on COLUMN COLOR. Ascending RAINBOW :)

geposted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 9:01 am
My "REDS" are for the HOT jams. I'm not sure what color to pick for the "DIRTY" versions. Haven't done it yet.

I'm generally a clean version VDJ. :) I love this skin. So professional looking. Thanks BlackSheep.

geposted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 9:07 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
My "REDS" are for the HOT jams. I'm not sure what color to pick for the "DIRTY" versions. Haven't done it yet.

I'm generally a clean version VDJ. :) I love this skin. So professional looking. Thanks BlackSheep.

I'm a clean only DJ too as it's all mobile gigs. When it comes to dirty versions for me I actually remove it from the search database when I am done sorting the 20-30 tunes every few weeks. If I want to look for a dirt version for a mix tape I will spend the time and look for it. Otherwise I don't need them coming up at a gig even tho I do mark them dirty. My Genre tags are different tho as I will mark let's say a clean remix song of "Sexy And I Know It - LMFAO" Pop [2k10] [EDM] [Remix] [Clean]. I don't always have enough space or time to watch the info scroll so if it doesn't show up and CU kicks in with a clean version then cool.

geposted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:52 pm
JimmyL-DJ wrote :

I don't think you should use the color code for versions. I think you should just for moods or the type of vibes needed for your events. So Red would be hot and Yellow for early vibes. Check out my man Dj Hi Def, he has great break down of how you can use the color code (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPsHdW6MAg, around 32:52). Also, attach is a pic of his color code. You don't have to use his colors, the important thing is what the colors represent. When it comes to versions, you should use the virtual filter, for example, you would create a virtual filter call "All Clean Music" and use this code... filepath start with "E:\JimmyL-DJ" and filename contain "Clean" and isscanned=1 or isscanned=0. For this to work all of your clean music must say clean in the filename (Sexy And I Know It - LMFAO" (Clean)).

geposted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 1:03 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
An easier and better filter folder for this would be:

(Title contains “clean“ or filename contains “clean“) and exists=1

geposted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 1:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)