Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Recording Issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am trying to record a mix. However, when I play it back, it's all distorted. My levels are not set very loud and the output shows -4 on my meter. I'm not even touching the yellow. How am I overdriving the recording device when it's going in through a USB? I'm using a VMS 4.1

geposted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 9:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly do you record with the VMS4 ?
Are you following the method described in the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/American%20Audio%20VMS4%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf (page 17) ?
If you do so and the recording is hot, then i dont think you can do much as there is no way to adjust the level of this input.
Are your GAINs above 0db ?

Alternatively, you can follow the method described here... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html
so actually connect the BOOTH Output of the VMS4 with the LineIn of your computer and use the BOOTH Level knob to adjust the recorded level.
In this case, you will need to have the Input of your built-in sound card as record line in the Audio Setup

geposted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 9:53 pm
I am following page 17 word-for-word, and having to continuously add a record line as it doesn't seem to want to save it, and because I have to open config to start the recording, it's a PITA. They really made it difficult to record in VDJ 8 from where I previously had a REC tab in the browser. I really don't want to go out of my mixer then into another component because I bought the VMS 4.1 to do just that. Record my mixes. If I wanted to take everything out of it, I'd just do it through my Mackie and call it a day.

geposted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 3:34 pm
And my gains are all the way down. When I open the track in Audacity, it shows as extremely quiet but you can still hear the distortion.

geposted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 3:35 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
did you tried to setup a record loopback ?
Deck 1 --> ADJ ASIO (ASIO) --> Output 1&2
Deck 2 --> ADJ ASIO (ASIO) --> Output 3&4
Deck 3 --> ADJ ASIO (ASIO) --> Output 5&6
Deck 4 --> ADJ ASIO (ASIO) --> Output 7&8
Record --> ADJ ASIO (ASIO) --> Input 1&2

geposted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 3:49 pm
That's what I have in there. Just opened it to find that it saved it which surprised me.

geposted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 4:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)