Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RX Mapping!? - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Official support for Pioneer DDJ-RX will be available on the next software update.
Please be patient.
Asking every few days if it'll come or when it'll come, won't make it come any sooner.

Thank you!

geposted Fri 20 May 16 @ 7:11 am
Por Dios, tienen meses diciendo que se esperen a la actualización. Cada vez más se avecina el fin de Virtual DJ, y están con los brazos cruzados.
Por el respeto de todos incluyendo a los moderadores que son los que dan la cara en este foro, deberían de tener más compromiso y cubrir las necesidades de los usuarios. A eso se le llama calidad y mejora continua...

Estoy cada vez más descepcionado...

geposted Sat 21 May 16 @ 2:49 pm
VirtualDJ 8.2 includes native support for Pioneer DDJ-RX

Since it's the first "Rekordbox" controller we support, please let us know by using THIS thread if anything doesn't work as it should.

PS: Yes, there are still some functions that don't work the same way they work with Rekordbox. We only need you to report if the controller itself (or the assigned action) does not function as it should.

Thank you!

Selected as best answer geposted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 1:03 pm
nice work... have been doing a mix with it.. for the last 2 hours and works like a dream.... just need to site down and configure the effects and a few other things but apart form that its a fantastic job.... thank you so much... cant wait to use it at a proper gig! :)

James

geposted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:55 pm
Sorry Phanton. You said that, support for ddj-rx will be in virtual dj 8.2. But do you know when?

geposted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:53 pm

geposted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:55 pm
frutonPRO SubscriberMember since 2009
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Since it's the first "Rekordbox" controller we support, please let us know by using THIS thread if anything doesn't work as it should.

PS: Yes, there are still some functions that don't work the same way they work with Rekordbox. We only need you to report if the controller itself (or the assigned action) does not function as it should.

Thank you!

Hi, in my case the filter does not work directly from the knob , either by pressing the colored buttons FX makes any drives that can appreciate , another thing that did not work properly is the dual function deck , selecting together the deck 2 and 4 if not start pulse play both.

I used google translator , sorry my English , thanks

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:34 am
Phantom, thanks for your answer. In addition, just to be informed. What is the meaning of "early Access"? Thanks man!

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:11 pm
It's a version that's available for any users opt to get it. It may have some glitches that need to be ironed out. However stability is not an issue with an Early Access version.

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:13 pm
Right! Thanks!

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:16 pm
with ddj rx I got problem with needle search does not working it has worked but it stopped do I need to change something in settings?

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 8:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If track is not playing out "live" then its should work.
SHIFT+NeedleSearch should work all times

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 8:18 pm
All Pioneer DDJ models that offer a needle search are mapped like this:
Needle search works when the deck is not on air. In other words when the volume defined by channel's fader and crossfader will not allow the deck to be heard on air.
If you want to use needle search while the deck is playing on air then you need to hold down the SHIFT button first.

This was done as a security measure since you can touch the needle stripe by accident when you manipulate effects and throw off your mix

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 8:19 pm
Thanks guys!

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:13 pm
Pioneer ddj rx is better sounding with vdj8,2 than with recordbox! believe or not the sound with vdj8,2 is a way much powerful any way recordbox when analyzing track is using 83% of my processor believe or not? to analyze track with vdj is 25% even the song still playing that's peace of cake for vdj8,2.
I must say same for traktor I used to play along side with other people who used traktor and I was used vdj8,1 we have used same controllers denon mc6000 mk1's vdj8,1 kill the traktor on power so much powerful sound coming out from vdj,vdj is unbelievable
thanks to developers of this powerful software again!...

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:28 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Thank you!

Hi, here are some observations where the DDJ RX doesn't work as expected. I appreciate some might be left intentionally non functional due to limitations with VJD not being RecordBox!

1. "HOT CUE" + "PAD FX" + "SLICER" + "SAMPLER" buttons do not light up, or turn off as expected. This is also true when pressed with the shift key.
2. FX buttons 1 & 2 do nothing (I suspect this is intentional)
3. Release FX Knob + Beat buttons do nothing (I suspect this is also intentional)
4. Software volume controls are up full when software is started and do not correspond with the mixer volumes controls.
5. All "Sound colour effects" controls do nothing
6.Sampler "SYNC" & "CUE" buttons do nothing
7. No LEDS on decks 3 & 4 to show music playing through those channels.
8. "CUE" button on deck 3 flashes when all others just stay on.
9. "SHIFT" + "TITLE" Sorts browser list as expected, but all others "SHIFT"+"BPM", "ARTIST" or "TRACK" loads track to that deck with no security.

I hope this helps
Gary

geposted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 8:07 pm
First of all: Are you sure you don't have any custom mappers for DDJ-RX on your system ?

1) They should work fine. Can you please describe their behavior (in other words why they don't wok as expected ?)
2) FX1, FX2, SHIFT_FX1 & SHIFT_FX2 buttons clone the effects from one deck to another
3) Yes. Currently the encoder is not mapped to any action (it will be updated in time)
4) DDJ-RX should report the position of it's sliders on startup. I can't find any reason this is happening for you
5) Have you tried after pressing a colorFX button to turn the colorFX knob ? Noise, Pitch and Filter should work. Crush does not work for the moment.
6) True. Sampler is always synced on masterdeck on VirtualDj 8. As for CUE we're working on it.
7) No leds where ? On the VU-meters ? VirtualDj won't send any commands on the VU-meters if their channel is set to hardware mode. If the unit fails to initialize then I guess VirtualDj believes these channels are in HW mode
8) The cue button led: A) Will stay ON when a cue is set and the track is playing or paused to a cue. B) Will blink when a track is paused but not on a cue point. That was always the behavior of cue button led for all Pioneer units.
9) I can't find any reason why it doesn't work properly on your side.

As I said, the whole behavior makes me think that there are some leftovers on your system from other mappers / attempts to operate the unit that affect it's normal operation.
Please make sure that your "Documents\VirtualDj\Devices" folder is empty (or it doesn't contain anything related to DDJ-RX) and that on mappers page inside VirtualDj you select "factory default" as your mapping.

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 6:24 am
I have ensured I am using the default mapper and default keyboard mapper (as i use a custom keyboard mapper mainly to prevent accidental player actions if the focus is not on the browser).

1. "HOT CUE" "PAD FX" "SLICER" "SAMPLER"
When pressing them one at a time, I would expect to see the one you have just press to light up and the other three to turn off, so you can see at a glance which you have selected. Instead all 4 end up being illuminated. Likewise, if using shift with these buttons I would expect to see them illuminate in a different colour, but all 4 buttons end up being lit all in the same colour.

2. I missed that, I see how they are used now and they work exactly as you described.

3. ok - cool.

4. The volume sliders in VDJ are always at full when the software starts.There appears to be no reporting happening on start up only when you first move a slider on the mixer.

5. Yes the colourFX button flashes nicely to let you know that is the current effect being used, but turning the knob on any channel with music flowing does nothing (when using channel set to PC/VDJ). However, if using a channel with a music (or mic) source through a line input they work fine.

6. ok - cool

7. My bad! The UV LEDs work fine! I didn't have the channel selector on the mixer set to PC. However, if playing music from virtual DJ and selecting say a line input, the music from VDJ still comes through - surely this should not be the case?

8. Again my bad! Like number 7 above, the channel selector was set to mic, so it was flashing to indicate mic ducking rather than cue'ing.

9. Using shift to sort your browser display still only works correctly with "shift"+"Title" any others will either just load the track to that deck.

If you still think there is something wrong with my particular installation of VDJ I am happy to try a fresh install. If this is the case, do you have an installer .exe for the latest early access version or do I need to install the latest available (v8.1) and allow the auto update to do it's thing?

Many thanks
Gary

EDIT: PS. If these issues are specific to my installation should we take this conversation to a ticket rather than in the forum?

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 2:29 pm
djgarycarter wrote :
I have ensured I am using the default mapper and default keyboard mapper (as i use a custom keyboard mapper mainly to prevent accidental player actions if the focus is not on the browser).

1. "HOT CUE" "PAD FX" "SLICER" "SAMPLER"
When pressing them one at a time, I would expect to see the one you have just press to light up and the other three to turn off, so you can see at a glance which you have selected. Instead all 4 end up being illuminated. Likewise, if using shift with these buttons I would expect to see them illuminate in a different colour, but all 4 buttons end up being lit all in the same colour.

2. I missed that, I see how they are used now and they work exactly as you described.

3. ok - cool.

4. The volume sliders in VDJ are always at full when the software starts.There appears to be no reporting happening on start up only when you first move a slider on the mixer.

5. Yes the colourFX button flashes nicely to let you know that is the current effect being used, but turning the knob on any channel with music flowing does nothing (when using channel set to PC/VDJ). However, if using a channel with a music (or mic) source through a line input they work fine.

6. ok - cool

7. My bad! The UV LEDs work fine! I didn't have the channel selector on the mixer set to PC. However, if playing music from virtual DJ and selecting say a line input, the music from VDJ still comes through - surely this should not be the case?

8. Again my bad! Like number 7 above, the channel selector was set to mic, so it was flashing to indicate mic ducking rather than cue'ing.

9. Using shift to sort your browser display still only works correctly with "shift"+"Title" any others will either just load the track to that deck.

If you still think there is something wrong with my particular installation of VDJ I am happy to try a fresh install. If this is the case, do you have an installer .exe for the latest early access version or do I need to install the latest available (v8.1) and allow the auto update to do it's thing?

Many thanks
Gary

EDIT: PS. If these issues are specific to my installation should we take this conversation to a ticket rather than in the forum?

I have exactly the same problems with my controller, it is not the only one.

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 2:54 pm
Can you do me a favor please ? Can you open settings, options and search for "mixerOrder" ?
What's your current mixer order set at ?

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 4:07 pm
59%