Forum: General Discussion
If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
looks nice but don't think i want one
geposted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 7:26 pm
geposted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:37 pm[ selected best answer by djdad on Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 1:11 am ]
geposted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 7:33 pm
geposted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 8:46 pm
geposted Sun 17 Apr 16 @ 11:08 pm
geposted Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 6:05 am
- Heavy duty metal housing, seems well built
- The illuminated knobs are a nice
- 4 inputs which can be switched between USB or RCA analog audio input
- 2 mic inputs with XLR / 1/4" combo jacks
- Each side of the controller can each run 2 decks in VDJ with the simple push of a button to switch between them
- No stereo/mono switch like my prior mixers had
- It's 19" but there is no rack mount option
- When one button is illuminated the light bleeds over into the next button over making it harder to tell whether a button is activated or if it's just the lit button next to it that you are seeing
- The left side of the controller is labeled to control decks A & B while the right size says C &D. In VDJ 4-deck mode, decks A&C are on the left and B&D are on the right. Hopefully someone will create a skin to match this in VDJ, but it was a big oversight in the controller button labeling.
geposted Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 4:01 pm
geposted Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 5:56 pm
It work correctly the sound is very good ans Also for the 2 micros input.
Very good for wedding animation (2 micros) or other private event.
Nice for his low price.
geposted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:28 pm
having some trouble getting it to work on VDJ 7
other than that it seems like the same ole reliable working man's mixer. but with huge jogs! and they are metal, picture looked plastic.
geposted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 12:10 am
geposted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 9:34 am
geposted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 8:40 pm
Are you sure you've set up your VMS5 and VDJ correctly, according to the setup guide? https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms5/index.html
geposted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:26 pm
Selected as best answer
geposted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:37 pm
tjhodkin wrote :
on the output
Which output? The master output of the VMS5?
You didn't answer my question. Have you set everything up according to the manual?
geposted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:40 pm
1 turn off the controller.
2 hold "cue 4" down and turn on again.
3 wait for the computer to reinstall the device.
geposted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 9:51 pm
geposted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 10:23 am
I think all AA VMS devices come with two modes. The Pre-EQ mode and the Post-EQ mode.
Difference between these two modes ist: In one mode the controller works as a hardware mixer. Mixing the sound inside the controller. Therefore VDJ has had to implement the "fake" actions otherwise you would've gotten a doubling in EQ sound, which would be very bad.
In the other mode the controller works as a pure midi device letting the software mix the sound. But in that case it creates a problem, because VDJ is still using the "fake" actions and that results in moving slider and knobs on the skin, but no changes in sound. So if you want to use the controller in this mode, you'll have to remap the controller first.
geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 9:47 am
geposted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 1:04 pm
geposted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 1:44 pm
After resetting again for the 3rd time last week
Switched laptop on last night everything was fine set out my play list and folders
I gone to set up for a gig today and VDJ pro was just the free addition lost everything
Had to reset skin and mappings again before I could even get my VMS 5 to work Correctly
paying £20 a month for the pro version but spending so much time re mapping my settings ??
As I say this is now the 4th time I have had to do this in the past 5 month's??
geposted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 1:56 pm