Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Crossfader problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mcr108sControlleristMember since 2015
Hello, as I just discovered the Sandbox bug was taken care of now I seem to have a problem with the cross fader. Dont know if it appeared exactly now as updating version or not but this is the first time in a while I use the Mixtrack and Virtual DJ. As I move the fader from left to right it kind of goes on autopilot when reaching one position.

If the cross fader goes from -100 (left) to 0 (mid) to +100 (right)

as I go from -100 to 0 everything is ok, its when i hit 75 something that autopilot takes over and wants to move back to -75-ish unless I force control it as it starts to move by itself. If I dont do anything it moves to -75ish and then if I move the crossfader just incrementally, the fader on screen moves back to the actual slider position.. but of course with a sound mess.

As I go from +100 to 0 it happens quite fast then, at 75-ish the autopilot takes over and wants to move to -75ish unless I force control it as its start to move by itself. And then same as above.

Basically impossible to make a smooth transition with that autopilot jump.

Maybe this is a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 problem of some kind but I havened moved my mixtrack at all, and the cross fader itself is feeling like it always has (bought it just 2 months ago) it happened for the first time now as the Sandbox seems fixed. Has anyone else experienced this?

geposted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 1:05 pm
Same problem with other software so guess its a shitty controller.

geposted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 2:16 pm
Its not a controller problem and it isn't a problem at all. You have enabled auto crossfader. Look at the skin and there is a button that disables that.

geposted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 7:54 pm
I wish i did, but I havent.. there is a glitch in the cross fader, mechanically. After 2 months of use.

geposted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 11:38 pm
Ok so it happened recently? I suggest you order a new crossfader then and change it... Very easy thing to do. I've my crossfader volume on my old controller. These things can break very easily

geposted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 11:51 pm
JaykashPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I have the mixtrack pro 3 and bought it 2 months ago. Seems that this batch of controllers from 2 to 3 months ago have a glitch in the cross fader. Mines would play deck one even tho I had it all the way to deck 2. Its a motherboard issue inside the controller. You might have to ra it as i did with mines. They sent me out a brand new one that dont have the glitch and i been good ever since. Just hit numark up give them your serial number and problem and they respond quickly. Hope this helps as I know this problem can be a pain.

geposted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 8:03 pm
Hi Jaykash,

like you describe it, what about the slider in virtual dj "on screen", was it not showing the position corresponding to the output?

I dont have exactly the same problem as you, mine is that as I slowly move the physical slider to a certain position, it continues "on screen" to move to the far left automatically. There is never any disconnect between audio output and position of the slider "on screen".

geposted Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 8:46 pm
No I didnt have that problem but it was kinda the same. My fader was on gradual then instant until i noticed it was my nmtp3. Try those options in settings under controller and give it a shot. If not contact numark asap.

geposted Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 6:14 am
Ok thanks,

Numark seems really poor on support. Can anyone give me confidence that their products are fine overall and that I was unlucky with my piece? Should I aim for something better than the Mixtrack Pro 3 to avoid being disappointed again?

geposted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 6:30 am
Yes im also aiming high. Going for the numark nv with replaceable fader this time.

geposted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 7:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)