Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs / VDJ 8.1

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I've been using 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs units as separate soundcards in what I assume is HID mode with VDJ 8.1 for a few gigs now. Overall, I'm mostly pleased to use my favorite DJ software with my preferred devices. However, I do have a few issues, as the compatibility is somewhat glitchy and it does seem like the software and the CDJs start "doing their own thing" at some point in the night. I am wondering if these are common issues and if there are any fixes, or if I'm just doing it wrong haha. Thanks ahead for any help!

MacBook Pro 15" (2015)
VDJ 8.1
2x Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus (firmware 1.25)
CDJ units plugged directly into USB slots OR powered USB 3.0 hub (no change)
Factory mappings in VDJ (unchanged)

1) The CDJs are not controlling the correct deck on startup, or acting as the soundcard for the correct deck without a good amount of fiddling around in the audio settings. I have tried fixing this by inserting the usb cables and turning on the CDJs in a specific order, and also the "Disc Eject button" trick to no avail. Is there any surefire way to make the setup permanent?

2) The Cue button on deck 2 starts to act very glitchy after about 2 hours of DJing. It will take a few hits of the button to actually control the software, and it is slow to respond if it is working. Deck 1 stays perfect all night. I have confirmed it is not a hardware button issue, as it does NOT happen while using the CDJ unit as a standalone media player (USB stick/SD card). These are also brand new units installed at the club, and I am the only user thus far.

3) The Loop In button function on the CDJ should activate an automatic 4 beat loop when pressed for over 1 second. In VDJ, the 4 bar loop is activated, but the loop starts at the point when the software recognizes the button has been held for over 1 second, and not at the position when the button was pressed (making auto 4 beat loops impossible to time). I'm using the trusty 1-9 keyboard shortcuts in the meantime, but would like to have VDJ act as CDJ buttons intended.

4) The first couple of gigs I used the CDJ units in HID mode, the master deck would follow on the CDJ when the deck was switched on the software. For example: Deck 1 is the playing on VDJ, and the master button is automatically lit on the CDJ, allowing a newly loaded on deck 2 to be synced to deck 1 using the CDJ sync button on deck 2. Last night, the CDJ units did not automatically switch, and I had to choose the master deck each mix. Certainly not the end of the world, but why would this change?

I'm aware that there are just some impossible requests due to Pioneer's support and the firmware on the CDJ units. I still think there could certainly be some better functionality for those who want to use the amazing track prep and smart playlists of Virtual DJ (the #1 and #2 reasons I am still on this software), but do not want to be glued to their laptop fully open in the booth. Track search? Track sort? Moving waveforms? Cycle through cue points using memory cue buttons (as with Rekordbox prepped tracks), beat counter info?, etc. Will there be any further improvements on either Pioneer's side or Virtual DJ's side?

Thanks for any response and/or thoughts!

geposted Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 3:06 am
1) The way to make it "permanent" is to always connect the same CDJ on the same USB port and power them on with the same order.
2) Never heard this behavior before. Does a restart of the software fix the issue ?
3) Change the mapping of "LOOPIN" button to: wheel_mode "loop_in" ? wheel_mode "jog" : loop ? wheel_mode "loop_in" : pioneer_loop_in & holding ? play ? loop 4 & loop_move -1000ms : loop 4
4) Most likely you pressed the "MASTER" button on your CDJ. This button stops the automatic selection of master deck and forces it to be manual. If you want to restore automatic selection of master deck map a keyboard shortcut or a custom button on the VDJ skin as "masterdeck_auto" and press it. By default restarting the software also sets master deck to automatic selection

For the rest of your comments:
Besides the ability to select cue points with memory buttons which is possible right now by just changing the mapping of the buttons, the rest are limitations of the device. Pioneer announced their NXS2 series just a couple weeks ago. I doubt if they will bother to upgrade their current NXS series anymore to provide more functions when they are used as a HID controller for software, unless they feel they have to do so in order to promote Rekordbox Dj (their own Dj software)
On the other hand, nobody knows yet what functions will be available in NXS2 series when they are used as a HID controller.

geposted Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 3:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)