Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Delete issue.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just had a crash by trying to delete an mp4. As soon as i went to reopen vdj, it asked me to update which is weird cause when i first opened virtual dj, it didn't show anything for an update
Using version 2583.1116
Will try to reproduce
Windows 10 64 bit
Please let me know what the crash report showed. Been using vdj8 with this laptop for about a month with 0 issues.

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 5:58 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Indeed a crash has been recorded on 2016-02-17 with b2853.
Sure the devs will take a look at it.
If you are able to reproduce permanently, please try also
to roll back to a previous build and check if the issue still exist.

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 6:47 am
Yes I'll try that at as soon as i finish my gig and report back. What did the crash report show? I've had some previous crash reports with the video editor which Adion already knows about.

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 6:50 am
unfortunately i cant tell you. I just see that a crashreport has been recorded.
Only the Devs have access to the report itself .... sorry

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 7:00 am
Ok thanks!

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 7:01 am
Tried to reproduce but with no luck. I have updated for now to the next early access as maybe that was the main issue.
One thing i noticed and some further info is that the mp4 that i went to delete, i thought it was a duplicate because i remember playing that song but it wasn't flagged as played.

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 2:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The last crash logged against your account is related to the video editor, recorded on 17th Jan.

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 5:16 pm
Scott i had a crash last night when i went to delete a mp4 throught virtual dj. The ones from 17 January, i am aware of as well as Adion. The one last night is something totally different. Could it be due to the fact that i didn't see that message to update?
And i haven't been able to reproduce since it happened...

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 5:28 pm
So any updates VDJ Devs?

geposted Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 6:12 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The fact that the last uploaded crash report was not the crash report after trying to delete a file makes it difficult to tell what caused the crash.

In other words, if there is no crash report and you are not able to reproduce, how could someone be able to know what went wrong on your machine with your settings, gear, files and drivers?

I personally don't have problems with deleting MP4 files.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 3:06 pm
@PachN i understand.
But it did happen. I am monitoring it for the moment.
If it ever happens again I'll post back here.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 3:52 pm
Can you provide any more detail about what happened?

What sort of crash was it? Did VDJ freeze or close down? Did you have to close VDJ yourself? You mention restarting, so VDJ did not restart itself?

You also said that the file may have been a duplicate - so maybe the file wasn't there at all. Maybe it was one from an external hard drive, flash drive or network location which was no longer connected - so VDJ would not have been able to find the file.

Is that file still listed twice? Did you check the location(s)?

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 4:02 pm
@PressNPlayDJ

for VirtualDJ has send no crash report when deleting the mp4 file and it did not happend again since then nor you are able to reproduce, makes it even harder to investigate.
We also have very little details about the circumstance at the time you did delete the file.
Did you deleted the file via browser from your OS ?
Delete within VirtualDJ ?
Any other application opend ( from your OS or in VirtualDJ like perhaps any editor )during you delete it ?
Was the file part of a filter or virtual folder ?
was the file loaded in a deck ?
was the file already added to the database ?

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 4:32 pm
I'll give all the info you need.
I was mixing video clips for about 4 hours until in one of the folders i noticed that there was a song i played which wasn't flagged as played, so i assumed it was a duplicate and went to delete it, within vdj. Immediately after i pressed the delete button VDJ closed, no freeze or nothing. Simply closed. mark, that music was playing so the security question didn't even come up.
My video clips are clean and are located in the internal hard drive. I don't use external drives.
Spec of PC is windows 10 64 bit 2.6 Ghz i7 16 GBRAM 3 GB nvidia 970m (i am using version 353 for nvidia due to BSOD on newer drivers)
The weird thing is this: when i opened vdj in the beginning of the night it didn't ask me to update. When it crashed and i went to open it again it showed immediately an update so i updated. Continued the night and last night without able to make it crash again.
Bottom line and my question from the beginning of my post: THIS HAPPENED. Could it have happened due to the update getting like stuck or sth? For the time being I'm gonna have early access builds unchecked.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 5:28 pm
RobRoy wrote :
Indeed a crash has been recorded on 2016-02-17 with b2853.
Sure the devs will take a look at it.
If you are able to reproduce permanently, please try also
to roll back to a previous build and check if the issue still exist.

You mentioned a crash has been reported. Why can't Scott see it?

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 5:31 pm
well as you know .. sometime update message take its time to apprear ( connect to servers/ download the new exe/ ect)
Sometimes it apperars not until relaunching the software.
So i am not really sure if this issue could be related to the dl of the update.
Seems you have to keep monitoring

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 5:35 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The last crash logged against your account is related to the video editor, recorded on 17th Jan.

;-)

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 5:36 pm
I did my duty as Pro user of Virtual Dj and reported it. If it happens again I'll come back here. As for investigating further, simply keep on eye on when deleting files within VDJ on windows 10 OS.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 5:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)