Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Limiter and mixermode

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi there,

Is there a way to monitor the auto-limiter when VDJ is set to mixermode ? I tried several things but... none of them seemed to work...

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 4:47 am
Ok I was trying in bad conditions... seems to work now... nvm...

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 5:22 am
Fruit there are several limiters...
There is one limiter per deck and the "master" limiter.
Master limiter will only work when the audio setup is master+headphones
Deck limiters work all the time no matter the sound config.

You can take a look on my skin if you wish since I use "reverse" VU-meters (reduction vu's) for all limiters including master...

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 1:05 pm
PS: If you want to get the "master" limiter then you need to specify it on your action
"deck master get_limiter"
If you just use "get_limiter" with no deck assigned VirtualDj will return ANY limiter that's working. So in this case it may be the deck's 3 limiter that's doing reduction and you will get your visual to work despite the fact that the "master volume / master limiter" is not working /doing any reduction.
A typical example of this is the default skin where the limiter led will turn on if ANY of the limiters work, not just "master" limiter... ;)

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 1:09 pm
Yes that's what I was trying, but I made a mistake. In my skin, even when in external mixer mode you still can trigger the 'master' knob, which was at a very low level. And in those conditions I was trying to trigger the limiter by playing with the gain of each deck and... it simply was not working, because of the low master level... Once I upped the master knob to its max level, I could trigger and see the limiter...

I have no external mixer so it's not that easy for me to test around...

I studied in your skin a lot... what I saw is that you didn't replace the master limiter by that 'any limiter' you're talking about, it's just avoided... Is there a reason for this ?

(Also, I'm very sorry but I had to steal your 10px height scratch grid idea, it looks so... sleeck ^^)

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 2:57 pm
When you use an external mixer configuration, "master" limiter has no point as there's no "master" sound output that can clip and be limited.
When you use Master/Headphones sound configuration I wanted to show the users exactly which limiter is working...
If it's the deck's limiter then it's the deck that needs attention (lowering gain, tweaking EQ e.t.c.)
If it's the master, then the sum of all decks is just too hot and the user needs to lower something (on most cases master limiter will trigger only when mixing songs together)

geposted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 7:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)