Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Script Sampler problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

I map buttons with this scripts :
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 1
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 2
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 3
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 4
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 5
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 6
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 7
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_mode 'on/off' & sampler_pad 8

but if I press the pad 2 button, it's the pad 5 in VDJ which is active
and if I press the pad 3 it's the pad 9 etc...

can you help me ?

geposted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 5:41 am

geposted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 10:33 am
it doesn't change anything...
I tried this:

sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 1 '4x2x2'
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 2 '4x2x2'
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 3 '4x2x2'
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 4 '4x2x2'

or
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 1 '8x2x2'
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 2 '8x2x2'
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 3 '8x2x2'
sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 4 '8x2x2'

it's always a bad pads which are actived !

If I go through a skin it works, but not on a controller

geposted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 12:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The '4x2x2' (Columns x Rows x Sides) is a parameter only for skins that need to match the layout of the buttons with the layout of the controller.
Most of the natively supported controllers have predefined Sampler layout
For controllers you just need sampler_pad X actions (without the 'axbxc' parameter)
As you understand, a skin that uses a specific matrix 'axbxc' will not show/trigger the correct samples if a controller with different layout is used. In other words use this matrix parameter only if you make a skin for a specific controller type.

geposted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 2:11 pm
You are on the skins forums so everybody assumes you're talking about a skin.

If you are talking about a controller you should really ask on Hardware forum, but here's the answer:
For controllers you need to define the pads layout on the definition of the device.

<device name="BLAH" author="Me" description="My Funky Controller" version="810" type="MIDI" vid="0x0000" pid="0x0000" decks="4" padColumns="4" padRows="2" padSides="2">
Once you define the layout then you define and map the pads the same among the two different sides / various decks.

In other words, you use sampler_pad 1 up to sampler_pad 8 on your pads for a unit like SX / SX2
The sampler_pad 1 command will automatically trigger the 5th sample if it's triggered from the right side of a controller with 8 pads per side (and also the selected bank has more than 8 samples as well)

What you miss here is that the pads assignment to actual sample slots is not made in "one to one" basis. It's made automatically from VirtualDj so that the layout of VirtualDj's sampler page matches your controller's layout.
If you want to strictly control a given sample slot no matter what, then you need to use sampler_play instead of sampler_pad, e.g. sampler_play 6
This command will always control the 6th sampler slot no matter the layout your sampler page has on VirtualDj

geposted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 2:14 pm
Sorry I have not posted in the correct section... it's effectively for à controler, a Novation Launchap MK2.
But thanks anyway !

My English is not good enough to understand everything what you say, but I still managed to get what I wanted.
That said I don't understand the usefulness of the Last number 4x2x2

I have another question I posted in the mapper section, but which I haven't received a reply :

it's possible to launch a sample being part of a bank without activating this bank ?
For exemple : currently to launch a sample being part of bank instruments you must first open the bank and then run the sample:

sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' & sampler_pad 1

I look something like this :

sampler_bank 'INSTRUMENTS' pad 1
or
sampler 'INSTRUMENTS' pad 1

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 8:38 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This post is a short translation of the above message from Phantom.

Il dit que dans ton mapping il y a ceci d'écrit quelquepart : padColumns="4" padRows="2" padSides="2" Ce qui indique à VDJ que tes pads sont rangés par 4 sur 2 lignes, et qu'il y en a des 2 cotés (le fameux 4x2x2, le dernier 2 c'est '2 cotés').

Ensuite il explique que si tu utilises la commande 'sampler_pad', Virtual DJ, lui, va lire cette information et distribuer tes pads automatiquement de chaque coté. En gros le logiciel peut décider de mettre le sample '1' sur le pad '1' de gauche, et le sample '2' sur le pad '1' de droite. En gros.

Et il précise enfin que si tu ne veux PAS que Virtual DJ s'en occupe automatiquement, tu dois plutôt utiliser la commande 'sampler_play' qui elle va assigner un sample à un bouton de manière inconditionnelle, donc sans se servir du fameux 4x2x2 évoqué.

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 3:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dodge57 wrote :

it's possible to launch a sample being part of a bank without activating this bank ?

by name and defining the path
sampler_pad 'instruments/kick hard'

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 12:10 am
ok, thanks !!!
I try soon

geposted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 10:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)