Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Hope to keep this Thread Short, Need One More Code for the Tone Arm

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Trying to get the Tone Arm to load over to the Vinyl Platter under just load, only waiting to click Play, Then Click Play and continues on as normal
This would be a quick visual to see that the next song is waitng and loaded in Cue.

Example.
<slider chan="1" action="get arm" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? off : on" query="not loaded">

<slider chan="1" action="get position" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? on : off" query="loaded">

This command will not work for whatever reason. I am sure that it is my Brain that is stuck in query mode. Any help would finish this project.
Thanks
Jon J.

geposted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 3:11 am
<slider chan="1" action="get arm" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? off : on" query="load_pulse ? off : on">

<slider chan="1" action="get position" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? on : off" query="load_pulse">

geposted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 6:13 am
Thanks PhantomDeejay!
It is being stubborn, I tried your Lines and it still refuses to move the Tonearm over to the Platter when a file is loaded. My LED Lamp does light up as always when a file is ready to play. But no arm movement as of yet.

Was worth the try.

If any other ideas let me know.
Jon J.

geposted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 1:57 pm
Basically for your hole "tonearm" deal you should use <visual /> elements (not a knobs) with "arm" and other special commands as it's source (unless I didn't understand what you want)
Basically you should study the skin SDK, http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html and VirtualDj 5/6 default skins as they had the movements you desire to create.

PS: If you want a slow animation each time a song is loaded on a deck then that's not possible I'm afraid. VirtualDj has a special verb load_pulse that will return a brief false each time you load a new track on a deck. That verb is used mostly on controllers to trigger their "load" animation which is hardcoded on their firmware. That's the closest you can get at the moment. Loaded ? verb that you used initially will NOT return false when you load another track on a deck that allready has a track loaded.

PS2: If you feel really brave, you can experiment with repeat_start commands:
repeat_start_instant 'MyAnimation' 100ms & cycle 'ControlVal' 11 & get_var 'ControlVal' & param_multiply 0.1 & set 'AnimationProgress' & var_equal 'ControlVal' 10 ? repeat_stop 'MyAnimation'

Then your <visual />, knob, or whatever should have source="get_var 'AnimationProgress'"

There is only one drawback: You can't "start/fire" the repeat_start command by loading a deck with the mouse. You need to do it with a button:
load & repeat_start_instant 'MyAnimation' 100ms & cycle 'ControlVal' 11 & get_var 'ControlVal' & param_multiply 0.1 & set 'AnimationProgress' & var_equal 'ControlVal' 10 ? repeat_stop 'MyAnimation'

geposted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 11:45 pm
Sure I will experiment with your ideas, that is the fun of doing these codes. Maybe I can learn some complex animations that way. I have my XMLs backed up 3 times anyway, so if I fail at least I can go back to my last working files.

Thank You PhantomDeejay for taking the time to help me learn and try these commands out.
Much appreciated. If and when I do get something working perfectly then I will post it.
Jon J.

geposted Fri 08 Apr 16 @ 2:32 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)