Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Help required by a skinner(s) please. - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, need help from the skinners of this community please, I've just been informed one or two ideas I had which I submitted in a different forum are possible but don't look as though they will be implemented by Atomix for what ever reason, unfortunately my skill set is non existent as far as skinning goes so this is where help is required.

First off, I don't require a complete skin build but just a couple of modifications to my current one, even help on where to go to make my own modifications would be a great help, at the end of the modifications if successful, I could put up a "how to" for other users if they wish to do the same changes.

First request is to increase the icon to stretch to the full size of the box it is in, in the sample grid.

Secondly, to have the sample grid open in a completely separate window to automix and karaoke, so it can be resized without affecting the other slide out windows.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

geposted Tue 12 Apr 16 @ 8:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sampler view inside the Sideview cannot be customized , so the first request is not possible

Sampler (exactly as you see it in the Sideview), can be placed anywhere in the skin or even pop-up as a resizable - movable floating window.

for the 2nd request, i could help you. Email me the skin you are using

Ps. check out the SWAP 4 Decks http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?search=swap
See how the Sampler can be a tab in the Mixer area or an additional Browser window (Options are chosen from the top of the skin)

geposted Tue 12 Apr 16 @ 8:42 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
<window name="external_sideview"  posx="0" posy="0" width="800" height="600" image="" shown="true">
<sideview source="sampler">
<size width="800" height="600"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<font size="16"/>
<fontheader size="12"/>
<fontgridtitle size="16"/>
</sideview>
</window>

<window name="external_sampler"  posx="0" posy="0" width="800" height="600" image="" shown="true">
<sampler>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</sampler>
</window>

Code to put right before the skin's </skin> ending line.

geposted Tue 12 Apr 16 @ 8:50 pm
Thanks guys for your response to my requests...

Babis I have sent you a pm, just hitting the sampler icon and it then opening up in the same area as it is now so I can resize it to my choosing would be great thanks.

As I keep the automix window open to place requests in throughout the night it is sized to work alongside my browser window.

This will now give me the ability to work two windows in the sidelist without having to continually resize windows, this will be fantastic, cheers.

Fruit, grateful for you for taking the time to produce the code, thank you very much.

Question for you both or anyone else with the knowledge, is there or could there be anyway for a work around to have the sampler boxes icons produce the image to full square value in the grids.

Again, I really appreciate the help shown... thanks.

geposted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 12:08 am
Hey guys,

I woke up this morning to find one of the nicest suprises ever in my email, I'd just like to say a massive massive thank you to Babis for implementing my request so quickly, I never expected such a quick turnaround from a request to an actual working sampler button... brilliant.

Now with the custom skin Dan made me, the addition from Babis this morning and the other bit of fantastic news from Scott about the sampler icons, I can honestly say I have never been more happier in a long time concerning V8 than I am this morning.

With Fruit also stepping up to the plate offering his assistance, this is the reason I know there is no dj community anywhere else that can come close to what we have going on here on these forums.

Thanks everyone.

Paul.

geposted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 11:19 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
See, we do listen :p

geposted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 12:39 pm
SBDJ wrote :
See, we do listen :p

Might be pushing it but how about QTZ file support ;-)

@Paul can you post a pic of your skin please showing this sampler tab??

geposted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 2:51 pm
@Scott, I've been buzzin all day, it's amazing how this one piece of software affects me personally, I feel so much more optimistic about using it out live now then what I did this same time yesterday... I'm like the wife and her bloody mood swings where vdj is concerned.

Again, I'm sorry for being a royal pain where v8 is concerned, but myself personally something has got to be aesthetically pleasing as well as functional before I use it live and, it's damn well near to that as it stands right now.

I'm not saying it's perfect because I still think there is some stuff that needs changing and adding too but once the icons are sorted I'll be ditching v7 for good.

@Huey, I'll make a quick vid for you mate, using an image wouldn't do it justice as it would look just like a normal window.

@Scott, just remembered, there's one or two things I'd like to discuss with you concerning those... rofl

geposted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 3:32 pm
Awesome!! And Thanks!

geposted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 8:29 pm
I know your probably busy but just a few screen shots will do, save ya some time, lol!!

geposted Thu 14 Apr 16 @ 4:19 pm
djdad wrote :
Sampler view inside the Sideview cannot be customized , so the first request is not possible

Sampler (exactly as you see it in the Sideview), can be placed anywhere in the skin or even pop-up as a resizable - movable floating window.

for the 2nd request, i could help you. Email me the skin you are using

Ps. check out the SWAP 4 Decks http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?search=swap
See how the Sampler can be a tab in the Mixer area or an additional Browser window (Options are chosen from the top of the skin)

If I send you my SliverSleek skin can you add a VERT SAMPLER to it please?? That is exactly what I need!!

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 1:56 am
Fruit wrote :
<window name="external_sideview"  posx="0" posy="0" width="800" height="600" image="" shown="true">
<sideview source="sampler">
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<font size="16"/>
<fontheader size="12"/>
<fontgridtitle size="16"/>
</sideview>
</window>

<window name="external_sampler"  posx="0" posy="0" width="800" height="600" image="" shown="true">
<sampler>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</sampler>
</window>

Code to put right before the skin's </skin> ending line.

Ok I added these lines of code where you said but nothing happened?? Is there something else I need to add in order for this to work??

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 4:34 pm
You only need one piece of <window> code (assuming you want one pop up window).

But you also need to add the code to open/close the window, using show_window 'the name of the window'

The code shown="true" in FRUIT's example should make the window open by default, but the button will definitely work.

If you do want both of the windows, then you'd need a separate show_window button for each window name.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 5:08 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It seems that windows in VDJ are shown or not according to their index number, despite they have a name. It means, assuming you added both codes at a time (2 windows), if you played with another skin with only one external window and decided to hide it in that said skin, then only the 2nd window of the new skin will show up, because VDJ will assume that the first one has already been hidden by a previous user action (even if it was another skin).

So, as Groovin said, better add some buttons to show or not the windows. Examples :

<button action="show_window 'external_sampler'"/>
This code will TOGGLE if or not the given window is shown.

<button action="show_window 'external_sampler' 1"/>
This code will only SHOW the window (replace 1 by 0 to HIDE).

<button action="show_window 'external_sampler' & show_window 'external_sideview'"/>
This code will SHOW or HIDE the two windows depending on if it was previously shown or not. This means, if you have only one of the two windows shown, it will just toggle the previous choice.

<button action="show_window 'external_sampler' 0 ? & show_window 'external_sampler' 1 & show_window 'external_sideview' 1 : show_window 'external_sampler' 0 & show_window 'external_sideview' 0"/>
This code will show or hide BOTH windows at the same time in an absolute fashion, not independently as the previous example.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 7:07 pm
Awesome!!

Think I'm gonna take a crack at making another skin. Does the skin creator tool still work or has that gone by the way side??

Thanks for the info fellas

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 8:01 pm
I guess you could make a start with the skin creator, but it's out of date. It doesn't know about any of the new VDJ 8 code.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 8:26 pm
Probably why only a select few are making skins anymore, lmmfao!!

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 9:23 pm
It's a shame there isn't an official Atomix one. PCDJ have one for Dex.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 9:30 pm
I asked about this months ago but never got a reply. There's very little community involvement any more.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 9:48 pm
Huey, here's that vid I promised... sorry about the delay, I just quickly slapped it together, no skill set involved... rofl.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 11:28 pm
91%