Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: syntax for user custom button

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

madlenmPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi
I would like use user custom buttom for the following function :
When I activate user custom button during deck A play and the song reaches cue 6 for example I want to start playing also deck B.
So I do not need press the play deck B button to hear my mix.
Could somebody create syntax for this?
Thanx a lot.

geposted Sat 23 Apr 16 @ 3:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have a custom button with action..
toggle '$forcemix'

Then you need to open POI Editor (for each of the tracks you want have this behavior) and have the Cue 6 defined as Action Type and in the macro field have the action..
var '$forcemix' ? mix_now : nothing
or
var '$forcemix' ? mix_now_nosync : nothing

Cant think of any global action to trigger such a behavior unless you use the POI Editor for all of your tracks

There could be also a Batch Edit for your database which could save some time but may not work for all of your files something like
find for
Name="Cue 6"
replace with :
Name="Cue 6" Type="action" Action="var '$forcemix' ? mix_now : nothing"
but before trying this have a backup of your database file

BTW, i fail to see how your question is Skin related, so next time please use the Technical forums for VDJ script questions

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 6:41 am
Hi djdad,
your solution works perfectly, took a minute apply the script on whole database. I even have a choice from several mix point. So now i never miss mixing point. Can talk and drink. Great.
I only used small modification like this var '$forcemix6' ? deck 1 play & deck 2 play : nothing to get control over fader.
Thank you very much.

BTW sorry for wrong place . You can move it if you want.

geposted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 4:41 pm
is there a way to check this next song to mix, if this one is fresh loaded and not just a played one?
or:
is there a way to replace a played song in player outside automix automaticly?

geposted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 5:13 pm
sorry i hardly understand your questions. Anyway i am pleased that the great skin creator ask me something.
This works as a simple defined mix between two decks and has nothing common with automix function of VDJ. But i personally decide where the mix starts and i have also full control over fader /so i end the mix/.
No list for songs to be played and loading is done manually. All songs must be correctly mark with cues in advance of course. But this is know to you for sure.

geposted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 9:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)