Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: The perfect fade in automix

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

nxgn1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok first let me say that I DJ with a mixer and a laptop with no contoller. I'm coming from using the software OTS AV which has a perfect radio style fade. Meaning lowering the volume of the outgoing song and raising the volume of the incoming song, every single time. I know that VDJ was made mainly for those that like to use controllers. But many of us wedding DJ's who MC or go onto the dance floor don't have the option of bringing in a song that might have a rough or loud exit. I would love to see a radio style fade included in VDJ.

I'm pretty sure this would be the one thing that would cause many of those using OTS to switch. I'm on their forum all the time. I would say everyone would use it for dinner music at the very least. I know many DJ's the don't use and controller and this would probably be the leading thing to bring them over to VDJ side. Currently I have VDJ automix set to no silence and a 8 second fade. Most of the time it sounds ok, I would suggest someone at VDJ to download a demo of their software and see the fade we are talking about. )

geposted Sat 28 May 16 @ 12:04 am
nxgn1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Now I know it VDJ 7 the crossfader set at full did a great job in what I'm talking about. Is there a way to bring that back or a script for this.

geposted Sat 28 May 16 @ 1:19 am

geposted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 8:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the latest early access, the 'slow fade out, instant cut in' fade option has been added.

geposted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 9:46 am
Question about Auto-Mix - Fade Out and Cut In

Is there still a way to set the threshold (start of the transition) from the volume at the end of the song?

Why am I asking this?

There are a few songs that have some noise, final credits at the end of the song and the transition is too late.
Now it would be good that I can adjust the volume threshold "When the transition begins".

I hope I have explained it clearly.

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 6:39 am
It was me that originally asked for this feature, and the volume threshold is exactly what I want too. There is a thread already open, will see if I can find it.

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 6:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is not possible to adjust the threshold, but if it's only wrong for some songs, it is possible to change the fade point in the POI editor. (Make sure 'show all' is checked)

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 7:04 am
Adion wrote :
It is not possible to adjust the threshold, but if it's only wrong for some songs, it is possible to change the fade point in the POI editor. (Make sure 'show all' is checked)

Hello Adion, thanks for your reply.

That with the "fade point" I make already, only it would be easier and faster if the VDJ could make. There would be even more control over the transition in the Automix.

Would still be a great additional function - maybe you can do something and incorporate this function.!

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 7:52 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Some what related,
Automix points for in it's start mixing in from this point, for out it's be mixed out by this point
I can see a case for to have another couple of types.
For in points have an extra 'be mixed in by this poin't, and for out 'start mixing out by this point'
The volume threshold thing could be done with a repeat script monitoring the vu levels.

I haven't thought too deeply as to what unintended consequences could be caused by this

I use automix just for (pottering around the house mostly)in the field, setup, the tent goes up, the equipment goes into the tent, I build up the stack, sort out the dj table, get the genny chooching, power the rig and sound check and just have AM running while we sort out the lights and drapes,
(And then we set up the behind the scenes tent)

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 6:33 pm
Being able to set the volume in the Automix editor would be great for wedding DJs.

So many times the intro and outros could use some independent tweaking or even in the middle of a track.

geposted Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 5:08 pm
sudjaiHome userMember since 2017
VDJ - "Perfect Change"
Thanks for sharing, I agree.

geposted Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 3:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)