Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: track bpm floating around

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hi all
im using VDJ with a pioneer ddj - sb2 ( hated serato !)
ive scanned all my librarys and im having problems with what seems to be an auto sync function in VDJ .
some of the tracks have not been bpm scanned perfectly so when i mix them the peaks in the waveform are not aligned - when i pull the tracks in to match correctly in the headphones ( but not on the waveform ) it seems VDJ keeps trying to pull them back together and obviously everything goes out ...

is there a way to stop this and just lock VDJ onto a bpm so it doesnt try and correct it ?
p.s tried bpm editor and that still doesnt work ( playing mostly early 1990's house )

thanks !

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 7:29 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
And it doesn't do that in other software?

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
beatlock is the function in vdj that you may have enabled that would try to keep the songs matched

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:10 am
ive put it back to factory setting now , dont think i changed anything in the first place !

will try and report back , thanks

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 1:54 pm
where is the beatlock function in VDJ ? cant find it ....

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 2:00 pm
On default skin it's on the center of the screen on the "Scratch" panel.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 5:22 pm
thanks , wasnt on the skin i was using so wasnt aware of it ... hopefully things will be better !

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 6:08 pm
ok , so ive been messing around with this for a few days now and im trying the 8.2 version ...

things are a bit better but even with the bpm of both decks set exactly the same and setting things correctly in the bpm editor the small red and blue marks under the top waveform seem to move from the actual beat to just either side of it and throw the mix out . ( beatlock turned off )

if i use the same track on both decks its rock steady - does that point to my copies of tracks shifting pitch slightly ?

damn you youtube !!!

thanks

geposted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 1:55 pm
What's YouTube got to do with it?

geposted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 2:48 pm
probably downloading from youtube..

golden rule quality in, quality out.

geposted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 3:53 pm
yes , your correct ...

geposted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 2:22 am
turns out it is mainly my poor quality recordings thats the problem , going to have to try and buy digital copies of my old vinyl - should be fun !

geposted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 6:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)