Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Track pausing issue

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

First, this isn't an angry thread. :)

I use a Stanton DJC. 4 which is an excellent controller.
Every now and then (but frequently) when I use the jog wheels (touch, not analog) the track will pause and I have to touch the wheel again for the track to resume.

This (clearly) will make it impossible to do a show without hiccups.

I think it's the software (VDJ 8.2) because I've searched for any issues on the Controller and I found nothing. It seems that VDJ has it's issues with a number of controllers, pausing and resetting tracks back to the beginning on various different controllers.

I'm hoping (if it's the software) that this is being addressed.

If anyone else owns a Stanton DJC. 4 I'd like to hear if you have had any problems.

geposted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 11:30 am
bump

geposted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 10:41 pm
This is still an unresolved issue. Can someone at least ask around?
I'm unable to do sets because of this.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 3:24 am
Can you share the coding for your jogwheel?
Maybe it's just an error in your mapping.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:47 pm
efurtive wrote :
It seems that VDJ has it's issues with a number of controllers, pausing and resetting tracks back to the beginning on various different controllers.

As a person that it's primary task within VirtualDj is to develop controllers mappings and troubleshoot controller issues I fail to see this generalization. You assume something that's far away from the truth.
efurtive wrote :

Every now and then (but frequently) when I use the jog wheels (touch, not analog) the track will pause and I have to touch the wheel again for the track to resume.

This means that the touch sensor of the device does not properly recognize when you leave your hand from the platter.
On the front of the unit there's a "Touch Sensitivity" knob/dial. Try to adjust that dial (make the jog less sensitive) and see if that helps.
If it doesn't then you may want to check your unit at a service center in case it's touch sensors have gone bad.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 5:02 pm

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 1:43 am
Have you tried to adjust the jogs sensitivity by using the knobs on the front of the unit ?

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 10:14 am
I have been looking in the default mapper file. I see no errors there.
You can always try to reinstall your console drivers or do a firmware update.
Maybe that solves the problem.

Also try what PhantomDeejay says. Might work :p

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 10:46 am
I'm on the latest firmware, latest VDJ. I tried turning the sensitivity down (though I don't think that would have changed anything) but that that didn't work.

Must be the hardware. Does anyone know if the jog wheels are wired to the same place on the circuit board?
I ask because it does it on both wheels and if they're seperate, that would be a very unlucky purchase :)

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 10:04 am
I don't own a Stanton DJC 4, so I can't try it out myself.
What happens if you press shift while doing a backspin?
I assume it just skips backwards in the song? Is that working the way it should?
Does that pause your song, while releasing the jogwheel?

How are your VDJ settings?
Try to play with these(I don't think this will help, but you can try anyway):

Sorry If I'm not really helping. I'm just guessing around.
Maybe we find a solution this way.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 11:04 am
Shift and spin (either way) fast tracks and spinning either way on both wheels pauses as well. I think it's circuitry, I'll have to take it back.

I also noticed that sometimes the visual track jitters left to right sometimes (like 1's ans 0's) when it stops.
Pretty sure that's a sign of hardware?

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 1:58 pm
Yeah If I were you, I would go back to the store, with your laptop and show them.
Maybe they have another Stanton DJC4 in stock.
Then you can just try it out in the shop to see if this is hardware or software.
I hope your problem gets fixed soon, so you spin the decks again. :)

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 2:28 pm
Thanks guys.

geposted Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 2:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)