Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Proper Echo out - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I want to be able to map a shortcut or use a plugin to achieve a proper echo out effect....meaning echoing the last beat in time with the tracks bpm and automatically drop the volume on that deck in a stepped fashion. i currently use loop roll and manually lower the volume slider,which uses my two hands,one to keep the loop roll pressed and the other to lower the volume....the problem is,i want to scratch in the next song,so if i could just have one button shortcut of a script or just activate a plugin, it would be ideal as the volume would decrease automatically and create the desired echo out effect and i comfortably be able to scratch in the new song...i have tried many echo out and loop put plugins without sucess, if my memory serves me right, there was a plugin which did exactly this, but it doesnt seem to be around and probably cant work with v8

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 12:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Why isn't loop out working for you? it has a fade option

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 12:31 am
The plugin loop out? im not seeing any fade out option..where is it?

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 12:41 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 1:27 am
the link for this plugin?

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 1:58 am
Ah you're out of luck, the fx is pro only, you can probably get what you want out of the native echo fx

something like turn the echo on with zero strength, a decent amount of before you want it.
when you want the effect crank strength up to full
quickly pause the track an crank the strength down by 10 or so %

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 2:10 am
how about a script gradually decrease volume? if i get that , im sure i can conjure up something

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 2:26 am
repeat_start 'rsiVolumeDrop' 38ms 100 & level 0% ? level -1% : repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop'

repeat start repeats scripts, first it wants a name for the scripts [can be anything] then it wants to know how many ms to wait before repeating, then how many times it repeats in this case 100 is the most you'll need [if you're -1% volume per repeat]

and the actual script should be pretty clear.
That's the fundamentals, tread carefully.

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 2:48 am
i mapped the above script but the volume doesnt budge...what about something like 'level 0% 5000ms'
i tried that but it just goes down in one movement to 0%

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 3:01 am
Sorry I got the query replies the wrong way round

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 3:15 am
so what was it supposed to be?

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 3:38 am
the replies to the query the other way.

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 3:49 am
ok i combined 2 scripts to make this
loop 1 & repeat_start 'rsiVolumeDrop' 120ms 50 & filter -1%
which has the desired effect i want(used filter to have the volume fade effect).
the only small problem is that i only really use 1 deck to scratch,so i clone decks almost immediately,
and when i use the above script and clone the deck before the "120ms" is over,the filter is still active,i have added loop_exit & filter 50% to my script for the clone shortcut to attempt to stop the script when i clone, but only the loop stops...any solution to this? or do i just have to wait until the 120 ms is over before i clone?

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 7:20 pm
It's not "after the 120ms is over" 120ms is how long it waits to repeat,
I'm going to explain again with the previous script I wrote and you'll have to figure it out for what is going wrong yourself for your script, that way the information might stick [grab a drink]

repeat_start 'rsiVolumeDrop' 38ms 100 & level 0% ? repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop' : level -1%

1 I tell vdj I want a repeat script

repeat_start

2 I have to give the repeating script a name

'rsiVolumeDrop'

3 I state how long between repeats [the smallest possible time is 33ms]

38ms

4 I state how many times I want it to repeat [this is optional, if you don't put a number it will continue until told to stop]

5 Now the actual script

level 0% ? repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop' : level -1%

So let's say level is at 100%, every 38ms v8 will query 'is level 0% ?'
level isn't 0% it's at 100% so vdj will use the NO reply

level -1%

So level is dropped by 1% and now level equals 99%

38ms later vdj will ask the same question, and perform the same action again and again, Until,
either the script has been repeated 100 times [the repeat script has done as it was told, at this point it stops]
or volume does equal 0%, what happens when this is the case? look at the YES reply

repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop'

I've told v8 to stop a repeating script, and the name of it.

To hammer this home, think about what would happen if I didn't query 'level 0%' Perhaps a script like this

repeat_start 'rsiVolumeDrop' 38ms 100 & level -1%

If level equals 100% when you started it's fine, no problems, the script will repeat 100 times dropping the level 1%, the end result is level at 0% and the repeating script has repeated as many times as it has been told.

but what if level equals 10% when you start? The first 10 repeats will drop the level to 0% BUT there are 90 more repeats to go, for 90*38ms the script will still [try to] drop the level 1% every 38ms. See how this applies to you?

A repeat script on it's own only does 1 'thing' until it has been told to stop by name, or it has repeated as many times as it is told,
with just an action [like yours] it can will only work well if you know how it will run every step of the way [in some cases this is possible]
with a query, you have to think 'what do I want it to do as the end result' then the query is 'have I met the end result?' if the answer is yes then get the yes reply to stop the repeating script [by name] if no the no reply does something to get you closer to the end result.

Apologies if this comes across patronising this is information that could be useful for all users and it needs to be clear.

As for your mad dash to get a clone on to the left deck,
1 practice on your right deck [it's the only way to get better :-) ]
2 think about cloning earlier, why not clone the left deck [old track] to the right and load your new track on the left deck just before calling the repeat script.
3 or you can change your clone script to also include a command to stop the repeating script and reset the filter.

Anywho , good luck.

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 9:02 pm
ok bro....much thanks for explaining the repeat script....its my first time using it...and the way u have explained...it makes alot of sense...THANKS ALOT!!!!!

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 10:40 pm
one more question...hw do i stop the script to map to my clone script? i tried
repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop' but that doesnt work

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 3:15 am
Tell vdj what deck you has the repeat script running

deck X repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop'

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 3:22 am
that doesnt work,,,the volume still goes down meaning the script still is active....script is running on deck 1 ...so i used deck 1 repeat_stop 'rsiVolumeDrop' and no stop

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 4:22 am
Are the names the same on the start and stop scripts?, I've tested my script here and it works.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 4:39 am
ya but im using it with the filter instead....so my loop out echo is effect_active 4 & repeat_start 'Filtered Echo Out' 150ms 50 & filter 100% ? repeat_stop 'Filtered Echo Out' : filter +1% with effect 4 being loop roll and im trying to stop it with deck 1 repeat_stop 'Filtered Echo Out'

edit; i sorted it out...i needed to include deck 1 in the start script also! thanks man!

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 5:28 am
42%