Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: spinner vs samsung evo 850

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
we all know for our pcs, ssds are much quicker. my cheap msi board even has a m2 slot. wow. but my laptop im using for vdj, has this 1tb empty. the ssd is being used through a sata to usb adapter. if it lights up blue its usb 3,0. but in reality i saw not much difference loading and playing off the spinner drive. i have a large cache set up. maybe why. id rather have as few cables as possible coming out of laptop. im assuming once files are processed it really wont make much of a difference when playing?

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 9:39 am
There's no "true" gain in performance between a mechanical drive and an SSD for storing your media files.
However: There's another part that it's important and most people skip:

As Dj's we play in clubs with lot of bass and vibrations, with our laptops standing on a stand.
Under these circumstances it's relatively easy for a mechanical drive to develop bad sectors due to physical damage from the vibrations it absorbs. An SSD does not have moving parts. Therefore it's bulletproof in vibrations!
This is the only "real reason" for a Dj to get an SSD in order to place his media files there.

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 10:53 am
i have my little studio at home. my machine never moves. i put my mixes online. so no worries of skipping. i just had a few ssds in the past go
kaput without warning. one day they dont even show up as a drive. spinners usually give you a warning. clicking sounds, stuff life that

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 3:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
As Dj's we play in clubs with lot of bass and vibrations, with our laptops standing on a stand.
Under these circumstances it's relatively easy for a mechanical drive to develop bad sectors due to physical damage from the vibrations it absorbs. An SSD does not have moving parts. Therefore it's bulletproof in vibrations!
This is the only "real reason" for a Dj to get an SSD in order to place his media files there.

That is a good point!

geposted Wed 21 Sep 16 @ 3:50 pm
turns out my motherboard is dying. 2 out of 6 sata ports working, no ethernet. so i ordered a $$$ asus board for my pc. but i still lost a lot of files due to a ssd dying. this makes me nervous. wish me luck. and im avoiding windows 10. my laptop with vdj has 8.1 no issues

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 12:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)