Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin for multiple save loop slots

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi

Im new to VDJ and the forum. Recently got a Mixtrack 3 and just playing around and having fun. Trying to figure everything out. Im struggling with loops at the minute. I can save a loop and recall it fine. But I am trying to set two loops on each track, an intro and an outro. One that just loads and doesnt activate until the track gets to it. Setting one is easy, but whenever i save a second, it just overwrites the first one. In trying to find a solution, i saw on another thread about having a skin which has more than the one save loop slot that i have on the default skin. Struggling to find a skin to do this, can anyone help. I dont really at this point want a skin which completely changes everything else.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 2:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The try 'the thing' skin, built with default graphics and it has 4 loop slots,

or you can use the poi editor,
Strictly speaking everything about saved loops is scriptable so you can map your controller to do the work and stay on your current skin.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:10 pm
Thank You Locodog. I will give the skin a try.

I have been trying to map the keyboard and set the loops up in POI editor, but really struggling. I want to be able to capture the loop in playback an then click save, trying to do it in the waveform of the POI editor is more tricky. Im sure ill get there one day, ill try that skin first though. Thank you.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ok to avoid changing skin or using the poi editor, do it on the fly.

you can map [keyboard/controller] like this

saved_loop X

Where X is the slot number,
IF there is no loop on slot X will save a loop of length 4 to slot X
OR if there is a loop on slot X this will call it

to make it better for on the fly, specify the loop length

loop A & saved_loop X

where A is your loop length, you can still use this to call your saved loops too as the loop A command is over-ruled by the saved loop

you can delete loops from slots with

delete_loop X

If you want to run in to a loop [like at the end of a track] there's a script for that too.

saved_loop_prepare X

If there's a loop on slot X it will arm the loop when the playhead runs into the loop, if there is nothing on that slot it will create a loop of 4 at your current position, or if you are in a loop [and there is nothing on the slot] it will save the current loop to the slot.

I honestly haven't used saved loop that much, I prefer to do all this kind of stuff on the fly with cues and basic loops

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 4:52 pm
Locodog. Really appreciate your time in coming back to me on this. I think I like that idea of mapping the keyboard to them controls. I will give that a try tomorrow. I did download that other skin though didn't get chance to play around with it much. I'd like to stick with the default skin if possible though for now just because it's familiar. Thanks again. I'll see how I get on tomorrow. Andy.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:52 pm
On the default skin you can also use the "Saved Loops" pad page.
This will give you access up to 8 saved loops per track.
You can remap your keyboard only to toggle the pad pages then:
pad_page 'hotcues' ? pad_page 'saved loops' : pad_page 'hotcues'

geposted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 2:37 pm
Thanks guys, just had a look at this and found a way to do what I wanted. Using the saved loops pad page. Then I added some custom buttons and scripted them to load and prepare for each deck. Took a while to find how to put the custom buttons on the skin, but gother there in the end.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)