Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How do you VDJscript?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

NuzzletPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have spent hours on end created mapping and definition files for controllers and I am getting tired of having to type everything out. So for those of you that have been doing for a while, how do you manage this, any special programs or plugins?

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 9:47 pm

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 9:55 pm
Hello how are you

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 9:57 pm
I can't afford a new controler, so Ima deal with what I got, understand that. I asked a question, and I wan't answeres. I was asking how other people who Create mappings and definitions to explain what they do. The people who create the definitions for the "Native Controlers"

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 10:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We just type :)

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 10:38 pm
I've never created a full mapping myself, but you asked for an alternative to spending all the time it takes. The alternative is to use another controller or find a custom mapping already created in the add on section. If not, I would assume you will just have to go through the process of manually mapping. I am not aware of a quicker way to map an unsupported controller.

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 12:07 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Notepad++ is the weapon of choice.
Column typing (shift+alt) can save some pain, regex means things have got serious.

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 12:14 am
Column Typing? What is RegEx?

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 3:13 pm
In notepad ++, is there any way for it to autocomplete tags? Like in Atom.io when I program HTML, when I hit tab, it will autocomplete, for example:

Type html, then hit tab and it will auto-fill with: <html> </html> and put the curser in the middle. Can you do that in notepadd++?

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 3:23 pm
That I'm unsure of, phantomdj was telling me you can program np++ to languages so you could teach it vdj script. I'd like to know more.

column typing is only any good if the text is in line but vdj script ignores multiple spaces so it could be possible

Imagine you have 5 hot cue buttons all next to each other in the mapping

instead of typing each one, you go to the point where you want to type on the first hotcue and hold shift+alt and press the down arrow, that will put a cursor mark on each line and you can type "hot_cue "just once, it will fill each line, also there's column entry so instead of having to type 1 ,2 ,3 etc on the entries you press alt+c and that brings up a dialogue box asking your start number and an increase by number

I'm working on a pad page right now that has 1 MB of text, the actual typing only took me 20 minutes [sssh top secret]
other things to think of is spend a minute thinking about how text maybe repeated over many buttons breaking scripts into reusable chunks is a time saver if they'll be used lots, also thinking about the logic of good times to use ctrl+h [find and replace] that can save time

regex is complicated, it's used for large scale repetitious tasks, it's a language in it's own right, like I said it's serious, I've used it a bit and just figuring out the the expression [regular expression] can take some time.

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:03 pm

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:08 pm
hang fire, maybe phantomdj has something he can share, if not good on you, it will be graciously received.

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:10 pm
Okay, Should I DM him?

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:32 pm
Probably not, I think he's away at the moment, he'll see this when he's back on the job.

geposted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 9:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You mean an auto-completion of the VDJ script verbs when you create a mapping file ?
Like this ?

In this case you need to add all the vdj script verbs in the XML API file located in ProgrmFiles/NotePad++/Plugins/APIs/ folder (xml.xml file)

geposted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 1:55 am
Yes, you can teach Notepad++ "any" scripting language.
You can also mess with themes/styling so that it can color several parts of the code.
However, on the other hand I was never a fan of autocomplete. I find it easier myself to just type the command I wish, than type half of it, use keyboard arrows to select one of the suggestions, and then hit "tab" to autocomplete...

I do all my mapping / scripting and skinning work with Notepad++
With some smart "search & replace" you can speed up the process more than 70%
One amazing feature with NP++ is that you can search & replace text inside s selected area, and not the entire file.

So, for instance once you create the script for a button, you can copy/paste it several times and replace each time only the area you want ;)

geposted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 11:33 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I find it easier myself to just type [...]
I do all my mapping / scripting and skinning work with Notepad++

Same here. Another cool thing is you can collapse / expand xml nodes, sooooooo handy !

geposted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 1:09 pm
For really complicated scripts I write them as a logic tree with tab indents to help me follow the logic

when I think it's finished I highlight the script copy and paste it, then highlight the copy shift+tab several times to get rid of the indents and ctrl+j to join up the lines.

That way I've still got a easier to read tree to spot where I've gone wrong and edit it further.

Although
I've noticed recently that vdj ignores return chars, I've yet to test if it also ignore tab chars

geposted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 2:17 pm
I just finished defining 64 touch pads, and 4 colors for each pad...A lot of code....Anyway, i was able to use Alt-Shift in a very clever manner to make the whole process easier. I wrote in columns and rows. Each pad got a row, and each definition/color get a colum, I copied the first row to all the other 63 rows, then I manually did the first column, then copied the party that changed verticly using Alt-Shift. Saved me so much time!

geposted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 4:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)