Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Macbook Keyboard Custom Map Help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've tried for an hour and keep failing. Can someone please give me 4 suggestions. I want to remap the left arrow to load a track to deck 1 and the right arrow to load a track on deck 2.

That alone will do me fine but since I'm also experimenting with keyboard mapping I'd also like to try keeping the default nudge left and right maps and add the command button to the mix so if I hit left or right alone it will nudge but if I hold the command button+left or command+right it'll load tracks to decks 1 or 2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm totally stumped.

Peace

geposted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 9:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
should just be

deck 1 load
deck 2 load

on your cmd+left/right entries
but I don't know macs

geposted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 10:31 pm
NuzzletPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Or you could specify left deck or right deck instead of the number:

deck left load
deck right load

take it to the next level by making the up and down arrows control the browser with:

browser_scroll +1/-1

geposted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 1:37 am
NuzzletPRO InfinityMember since 2015
As for using the control key to toggle certain things...

Map:

CTRL to " toggle '$CTRL' "

-That will make it so when the CTRL button is pressed, the variable "CTRL" will be toggled.

Then, you can use this so when CTRL is toggled on, action "1" (Replace with action) will happen, and when it isn't, action 2 will.

var '$CTRL' ? 1 : 2

geposted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 1:42 am
Thanks! "deck left load" and "deck right load" work perfectly! I think I was writing the command as "load deck 1" or "load deck left" and it wasn't working...

Now, I'm getting greedy but could you suggest a command that would allow me to use the command button. For example the original right arrow key is "nudge -10ms" so I would like to keep that as the primary command for that key but when I hold the command key + right arrow key I want "deck right load". I know you've already spelled it out but I have such bad luck mapping variable commands that I'm just hoping for the whole command which I can cut and paste. If it works, I'll make the proper changes for the left arrow.

Peace from Oakland!

geposted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 3:33 pm
Isn't cmd+arrow it's own mapping. what happens when you press that combo in key learn box

geposted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 5:55 pm
That was it. I didn't think to hit CMD+LEFT and CMD+RIGHT into the key search. I thought key search only registered one key at a time. I'm totally set now. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

geposted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 1:03 am
vdj accepts keyboard modifiers

Ctrl
Shift
Alt
Alt Gr is seen as 'right alt' on its own but as Ctrl+Alt when modifing another key

geposted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 1:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)