Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 7

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I´m a Dj from Germany,
can you tell me how long i must wait for normaly ContentUnlimited???
i found in this moment near nothing for all my searchs!!!
i paid every month but so it is very very bad!!!
How long i must wait???
Best Regards
DJ Bernd

geposted Thu 09 Feb 17 @ 5:56 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Thu 09 Feb 17 @ 9:11 am
user11841777 wrote :
I´m a Dj from Germany,
can you tell me how long i must wait for normaly ContentUnlimited???
i found in this moment near nothing for all my searchs!!!
i paid every month but so it is very very bad!!!
How long i must wait???
Best Regards
DJ Bernd

The current Content Unlimited is the normal Content Unlimited.
It's based on iDJPool with a Promo Only license, so it's mostly new music

Until a few months ago there was also a free add-on named Netsearch, which grabbed free content from the internet (like from Youtube)
That has been deprecated for legal reasons.

If you read the post in this thread everything is explained further

geposted Thu 09 Feb 17 @ 10:00 am
If you want to continue to use NetSearch use " Build. 3398 "

geposted Thu 09 Feb 17 @ 7:41 pm
ItsDjChuckG wrote :

I am using also that version, but it still works not good.

geposted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 12:08 pm
Hendrik64 wrote :
ItsDjChuckG wrote :

I am using also that version, but it still works not good.

True, going back to old versions to keep NetSearch doesn't work anymore
I wrote this a week ago:

"Just a heads up: Now Netsearch is finally really gone in all versions

Netsearch has of course been deprecated for a few months now, but until a few days ago you could still use v7.4.7 or go back to v8 b3398 if you needed the Netsearch addon to work

It doesn't look like that works anymore - most (all?) files will fail to load. Since Netsearch was content grabbed from the internet, this is presumably because a major "provider" (youtube?) have changed their setup a bit, and because Netsearch has been deprecated for legal reasons, it's safe to assume that no changes will be made to make it still work

So if you planned on DJing on v7 or an old v8 this weekend, and use Netsearch Content, it looks like it won't work

Contend Unlimited (based on iDJPool) still works, of course. But since that's a DJPool based on Promo Only licenses it mostly have newer content"

geposted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 1:57 pm
I have just read seven pages of comments about Content Unlimited, iDJ Pool, NetSearch and the like. I have been a loyal VDJ Disc Jockey since version 3 (we don't need no stinking Serato). That said, whatever problems there are with using Content Unlimited need to be fixed post hast. I live in both Maryland and Florida. In Maryland new music is a must, and I still cannot get all that I need. In Florida, you can figure that older music is essential. Now I do not use Content Unlimited to run a gig. I have a very large collection. But on those occasions where someone really wants to here a song that I do not happen to have, Content Unlimited has always been my go to. I have built part of my reputation on being able to advertise, like VDJ, any song, any time. Looks like I need to change that to any song, MAYBE?! I do not understand algorythms, licensing, programming, etc. I understand that when my client wants to here a song, and I am paying for the privilege of being able to stream the songs I may not have, I should get my moneys worth. It is not happening at the present time. I read that the fix is a few weeks away. That was a post from OCTOBER. Notice it is almost March. I would like to know how long I should hold out hope, or should I cancel my subscription because it is certainly not what I am paying for. I do not believe (although I could be wrong) that I am the only one that feels this way. Just Saying.

geposted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 8:48 pm
I'm sorry I can't believe you read seven pages with a post like that. It is pretty Simple. Maybe you missed this post just :

DjKrazyIan wrote :
Look guys/gals, VDJ is not to blame here. I'm not sure what type of "DJ" you all are. But if you have to access to illegal music sources to survive, well you are not going to make it. NetSearch was a great feature, no one is going to say otherwise.

But the short of it, any song played by NetSearch was done so illegally. This all could've been a lot worse than a slap on a wrist and turn the feature off. For Each and every songs streamed over NetSearch an Artist, Composer, Production, Etc is potentially owed some sort of fee for you playing the song.

I encourage every one to read the TOS for IDJPOOL: https://www.idjpool.com/terms/

1. Grant:
iDJPool Grants To You A Non-exclusive, Non-transferable, License To Review And Download Materials On The Website For Promotional Purposes Only.

*(Keyword here "Promotional", If you make money off of a gig from promotional music, its no longer for promotional purpose, and only grants review and not reuse.)

7. Users:
Users Are Program Directors, Music Directors, Production Directors And Mixers Of Fcc-licensed Radio Stations, As Well As College Radio, Satellite, Internet, Club, And Mix Show Dj's.

*(So Keywords here: FCC-Licensed - this covers all but Internet, Club, and Mix Show, we can try to break it down:
1. Internet; If you play any song on YouTube from IDJPOOL it will most likely get flagged and taken down.

2. Club; Bar/Club would have to have an agreement with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC and be a compliant venue. So if they don't you can't play IDJPOOL in the club.

3. Mix Show - Where is the mix show played?

You have to remember Terms & Conditions are not to protect you. Its to protect them. If you misuse the music, they want to be able to say "Oh its the DJs fault they did not follow the TOS, go after them" The TOS does not protect you at all.

Yes it sucks, yes it's a grey area. No it's not going to get fixed any time soon. Why? Because NO ONE can figure a way to track, trace, collect, each and every source of music made. it's too wide spread of a problem. Think of the big picture and not about one small feature such as NetSearch.

Kindly NOTE:
1.This is very simple. It's time to move on.
2. FREE Music directly in the VDJ software is NO LONGER available.
3. Either buy the VDJ CU Subscription or NOT. It's your choice. It's either going to work for you or not.
4. If you are a DJ and you charge money, either raise your rates so you can buy new and OLD music or QUIT!
5. And this is the most IMPORTANT: Have a Happy Snappy Day and remember only you can prevent a forest fire!

MODS Please Lock this topic, it's over. People are just being ignorant on purpose. If you lock it now they can clearly read this post and understand it is as it is. PERIOD. No reason for anyone to ask more questions, when it's over.

geposted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 9:00 pm
Greetings to ALL ...... Said by DJKrazylan is time to move on .Do you have suggestion as to unlimited content ,you could share with everyone where to find a truly unlimited service .No matter the money . WE LOOK FOR A GOOD AND REAL SERVICE ........PLEACE !!! THANKS

geposted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 12:24 am
"No matter the money"? There are plenty of pools that you can buy your music from, Beatport, PromoOnly, JonesTM, iTunes etc., if as you say money is not the issue. This way you actually own the music. Please read the next sentence over and over again. At this moment, ContentUnlimited is the only streaming service that will work with VDJ.This works for some people, but does not work for others. Only you can decide if the $10.00 a month is a good investment.

This is a long thread, and it is possible that there is a question that has not been answered on this subject. I doubt it, but it is possible. However, I'd advise everyone who has a question, to please read this thread before posting. As with any other thread, when it gets redundant, we close them down.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 17 @ 9:07 pm
Rick, you need to get on Trumps PR team. You can turn shite to gold so it can only be a good thing :)

geposted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 1:46 am
You know how it is, just trying to keep my head above water. This thread is like the walking dead, it needs a head shot. Like Rick on the show, I am prepared, and don't have a problem with doing it close up. It may be messy, but it has to be done.

geposted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 2:34 am
Hold up - Trumps gonna get us unlimited music?

geposted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 3:15 am
Gentlemen, no more political references, please. Thank you.

geposted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 9:18 am
Only you can decide if the $10.00 a month is a good investment......... NO I PAY 9.99 (audio) + 49.99 (video).Who you believe ,you can cancel the topic as you have done ,let it be ATOMIC who does and not someone like you ho supposedly do not charge for this
We are tired of you stupid excuses
We already knew from part of ATOMIC what happening to the past. The time and everything is still in the AIR
We are paying for something with respect and nothing.
They forget that in the note they said that in a future everything would be under normal and WHAT we have ?
We wait for another note from ATOMIC and they will see how they are left without charging a CENT OF US.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 1:15 am
Sorry ......ATOMIX ....ATOMIX......ATOMIX

geposted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 11:09 pm
sclavel wrote :
As some of you already noticed, our ContentUnlimited service has had access to a smaller catalog for the past few weeks.
First, we would like to apologize for the lack of communication so far. Since this involved some Non Disclosure Agreements and some legal actions, our lawyers asked us not to comment on any of it until now.
For the sake of total transparency (now that the lawyers finally let us talk), I wanted to personally clarify the situation.
It all comes down to public display versus private use rights.
Our main providers, iDJPool, VJPro and KaraokeCloud, are all licensed for public display, and offer a full catalog of "promotional" tracks, that the labels are happy to let DJs around the world play, because it has a chance to drive sales from the DJ's audience.
However, for the rest of the tracks, like oldies, foreign or culture-specific tracks, most of the major labels don't allow any public display rights for streaming.
That's why we had to remove those for now.
Of course we spent the last month in discussion with all our partners involved to find an alternative solution.
Unfortunately it is not so easy to make the labels understand that not all DJs are big-club residents who only play the same 50 tracks, but that the majority of DJs actually play in wedding, barmitzvah, proms, etc.
Anyway, we are finally coming up with some solutions, and we will make some changes in the coming weeks to bring back more oldies and hard-to-find content into netSearch.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank again our ContentUnlimited subscribers, who help keep the music industry alive, with their contributions that are redistributed to the labels and artists.

geposted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 4:53 pm

AlmightyOne wrote :
Look guys/gals/Aliens, VDJ is not to blame here. I'm not sure what type of "DJ" you all are. But if you have to access to illegal music sources to survive, well you are not going to make it. NetSearch was a great feature, no one is going to say otherwise.

But the short of it, any song played by NetSearch was done so illegally. This all could've been a lot worse than a slap on a wrist and turn the feature off. For Each and every songs streamed over NetSearch an Artist, Composer, Production, Etc is potentially owed some sort of fee for you playing the song.

I encourage every one to read the TOS for IDJPOOL: https://www.idjpool.com/terms/

1. Grant:
iDJPool Grants To You A Non-exclusive, Non-transferable, License To Review And Download Materials On The Website For Promotional Purposes Only.

*(Keyword here "Promotional", If you make money off of a gig from promotional music, its no longer for promotional purpose, and only grants review and not reuse.)

7. Users:
Users Are Program Directors, Music Directors, Production Directors And Mixers Of Fcc-licensed Radio Stations, As Well As College Radio, Satellite, Internet, Club, And Mix Show Dj's.

*(So Keywords here: FCC-Licensed - this covers all but Internet, Club, and Mix Show, we can try to break it down:
1. Internet; If you play any song on YouTube from IDJPOOL it will most likely get flagged and taken down.

2. Club; Bar/Club would have to have an agreement with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC and be a compliant venue. So if they don't you can't play IDJPOOL in the club.

3. Mix Show - Where is the mix show played?

You have to remember Terms & Conditions are not to protect you. Its to protect them. If you misuse the music, they want to be able to say "Oh its the DJs fault they did not follow the TOS, go after them" The TOS does not protect you at all.

Yes it sucks, yes it's a grey area. No it's not going to get fixed any time soon. Why? Because NO ONE can figure a way to track, trace, collect, each and every source of music made. it's too wide spread of a problem. Think of the big picture and not about one small feature such as NetSearch.

Kindly NOTE:
1.This is very simple. It's time to move on.
2. FREE Music directly in the VDJ software is NO LONGER available.
3. Either buy the VDJ CU Subscription or NOT. It's your choice. It's either going to work for you or not.
4. If you are a DJ and you charge money, either raise your rates so you can buy new and OLD music or QUIT!
5. And this is the most IMPORTANT: Have a Happy Snappy Day and remember only you can prevent a forest fire!

geposted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 5:07 pm
How can I find original song on ContentUnlimited?
Is there a way to filtered out all those crapy remix?

geposted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 4:41 pm
Good Question - Yes you can. On the "Remix" column click it and then scroll till you see the Single version you are looking for. When you click the columns it will sort them for you up or down.

A Single is generally the original song.

Just keep in mind you are still limited to what is available in ContentUnlimited catalog from iDJPool.

geposted Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 5:40 pm
97%