Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Looping almost a whole song

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I want to set a cue point just past the intro in a song. Then, later on, near the end, have another cue point that will just loop directly back to the first one. This will obviously put the song into an endless loop, from near the end back to near the beginning, until I actually stop it.

I want the song to play over & over without the intro and ending.

I have looked at loops & cue points and tried to figure out how to achieve what I want with macros, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 6:04 am
nigelg99 wrote :
I want to set a cue point just past the intro in a song. Then, later on, near the end, have another cue point that will just loop directly back to the first one. This will obviously put the song into an endless loop, from near the end back to near the beginning, until I actually stop it.

I want the song to play over & over without the intro and ending.

I have looked at loops & cue points and tried to figure out how to achieve what I want with macros, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

right click on your 2nd cue point (cue 2) and the POI EDITOR appears, where it says "Type" click on the drop down arrow and click on the 3rd one down "Action", you'll a macro action area appears, then type in that area goto_cue 1 . It will repeat it till you stop it. I find this very handy for songs or beats which are far to short.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 9:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The routine plugin could do this also.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 1:30 pm
Thanks for your answers. I assume you mean the RoutinePads add-on, locodog. This is for the pro version and I am currently just using the free version.

LSL50, that is exactly what I am looking for. It works great and I see that it is saved with the song, which is excellent. Is it possible to make this a permanent action for, say, cue 6, so that the action text doesn't have to be entered for each song?

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 10:54 pm
Possible yes a repeat start script will do the job, I'll give you the details once I'm at my machine.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 11:09 pm
Or just set your automix Fade points and put the song into the automix by itself. Make sure you don't have "autoremove played" selected. No scripts or secondary plugins needed

geposted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 11:22 pm
Ok nigelg99

this might need more refinement, if required we can make it a switchable script [so you can turn it on or off], I'm assuming you are using just 2 decks [again we can change this to 4 if needed]

go into your keyboard mapping and look for an entry named "ONINIT"

add this script

deck 1 repeat_start "rsiBounceBack1" 33ms & has_cue 6 ? get_time elapsed absolute 1000 & param_bigger "get_time cue6 absolute 1000" ? hotcue 1 : nothing : var "$BBdoONCE" ? nothing : set "$BBdoOnce" 1 & deck 2 repeat_start "rsiBounceBack2" 33ms & has_cue 6 ? get_time elapsed absolute 1000 & param_bigger "get_time cue6 absolute 1000" ? hotcue 1 : nothing : nothing

Explained for anyone wanting to understand
On deck 1 we want a repeating script, first we give it a name "rsiBounceBack1", we want it to repeat every 33ms [as fast as vdj can handle], the script we are repeating is "do we have cue 6 ? yes, get the time elapsed [I tend to favour using absolute (unpitched) time, and 1000 means it will get it in milliseconds], is the time elapsed bigger then the time position of cue 6 ? yes, go to hot cue 1 : no not bigger, do nothing
[this next bit might be confusing so bear with me]
that's deck 1 sorted but for deck 2 we can't just tack it on the end as it would try set up a 33ms repeating script, every 33ms [gets messy!] so... this script is oninit [automatic on start up] so we know on start the deck will be empty, therefore there won't be a cue 6 so for the no reply to "has cue 6" we query if a variable "$BBdoONCE" = 1, since this is start up the variable will = 0, so the no reply will be called, the first part of the no reply we set the variable to 1 we then set up the repeating script for deck 2 [with it's own name "rsiBounceBack2" ]

the next time the script repeats and deck 1 still hasn't got cue 6 the script will query "$BBdoONCE" and this time it will = 1, therefore it will do nothing

lecture over, enjoy

geposted Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 11:10 am
Wow! That's quite some script to achieve that. Especially for the 2nd deck. It works great. Thanks so much for your effort in this.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 4:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)