Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Cut a string

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,
i want to display the filename in my skin. How can i cut the string "002. Babyface, Pharrell Williams - There She Goes.mp3" into "Babyface, Pharrell Williams - There She Goes"???
I have to cut the first 5 and the last 4 characters...but how?

geposted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 9:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't think you can cut the start of a string, the end is easy, see param cast script, best bet would be to use get artist, get title remix,

Or your going to have to rename your files and work the database with regex, it's actually not as difficult as it sounds

The regex to get rid of 3 digits a period and a space would be

\d\d\d\.

There is a space at the end.

geposted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 1:12 pm
Thanks
but i rename not 185.000 songs and i don't use the database in VDJ. There must be a way to cut the string "get_filename" in XML...?!?

geposted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 1:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Regex is automated, if your tracks all follow the 3 digits period space it does it in one go, it'd take 10 seconds to type the rule, the machine does all the work it'd maybe take a few minutes to process

Regex is one of those things that once you know about it, you think 'I've wasted so much time typing'

geposted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 4:39 pm
I use only Foobar2000 as database. I won't change any files! Files are all read-only. I want modify the string "get_filename". That't the question.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 6:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just curious, but how did you manage to collect 185000 tracks with such a strict file name scheme, but without proper tags and without realizing that there's no software that allows you to show them the way you want?

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 7:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Keeping the current data of your VDJ Database is of course essential. In that case, i would not deal with changing the filename, and would try to pass the correct ID3 tags instead.
Search for Tag&Rename software. It offers the ability to choose the separators and the pattern to correctly pass the current filenames to the Tags (offers a batch process as well)... so something like "%Track . %Artist - % Title".
Once you update the Tags, make sure VDJ reads Tags and not filename (from Options), reload Tags from VirtualDJ and you then have all the fields correctly.

Unless there is another reason why the filename needs to used/passed within VDJ.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 5:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)