Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Advice with set up required - looking at getting traktor S2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So yeah currently i'm just playing around with the free virtual DJ 8 on my laptop.
So to listen through headphones to que up music i'll need a DJ splitter? So if i get one of those can i then mix on my laptop and que up music on my headphones? And would wireless headphones connect with this?

I am a beginner and so a bedroom DJ - would be playing mostly techno. I've heard the S2 kontroller mixer is good for a starter.
I have speakers but they are connected to my HI-FI via a red and black cable. So they wouldn't connect to my mixer i dont think.... the only way would be playing it through the hi-fi and pressing AUX on there. But thats then another set of power running as i dont think the speakers would connect to the mixer as their isn't any spaces on back of speakers to plug anything in only what connects to hi-fi.

So would this mean i need new speakers ? And a friend mentioned soemthing about RCA cables to connect speakers to mixer? What are these?

My main concern here though is this - i'm living with my folks and they dont like the noise. When i used to play my hi-fi on mid level they said it was to loud as they could hear the bass downstairs as my room is above the living room there in.
So i'm in my early 30s now and ive wanted to DJ for years but havent due to living with folks and them not liking the noise of music and saying i cant have decks cause of the volume of the music for them and the complaints from the neighbours as we live in semi-detached house.

Thats why i was saying do i need speakers when using it in the house or can i use the laptop built in speakers?
I know you get a good sound for the music with the speakers but it's just gonna mean it'll cause complaints cause of the noise of the music.

So yeah what do i need for these set ups? Whats everything i need?
RCA cables?
Sound card?
dj splitter?
Connecting mixer and laptop together with no speakers connected along with headphones?

Can this be done?

Thank you

geposted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 11:29 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
S2 mk2 would be ok, that will allow you to mix in the headphones only, [there's a dial for headphone mix so to cue you'd have it somewhere in the middle to hear the pfl and the master out, when in the mix you'd turn the dial so all you hear is the master output, no cue.
you can do similar without the s2 with a sound output of just headphones out of the laptop,
if you are going to go the amplified route you'll need a stereo to dual mono splitter, one part of the split signal will go into the hifi's aux to other feeds your headphones,

if you actually have a s2 and want to amplify you'd use a pair of rca [the type of cable used to link home hifi separates] [white and red usually] from the s2 to your hifi, which will probably be a pair of rca's [rca's come as a twin cable usually, one carries left t'other right

welcome to the game.

geposted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 11:48 pm

So how would it work with me mixing from my laptop? (No speakers just laptop) With virtual DJ software. How would i be able to listen in to the track on the headphones that i want to bring in? What would i need here? mono to stereo dj splitter is it?

Ive just been having a play on the virtual 8 and there is an headphones icon on each of blue and red deck.... obviously with these headphones even when clicking its only the output that comes through. No way to pre listen to a track?

The other thing would be the same set up but with the S2 traktor kontroller..... what would i need for this set up again through laptops own speakers.

Also are most headphones wireless now? Whats basic and good?

geposted Fri 16 Dec 16 @ 12:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)