Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can i use virtual DJ with my laptop as the speakers? - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Yeah i know what you're saying.

I mean i'm only doing it as a bedroom dj not playing out obviously so decent sound would do me. Can't be that bad sounding can it?
So what souncard do you reccommend? I'll have a look at those headphones.

The plan was to get a souncard so i can cue up tracks and once got the hang of that, i was looking at getting a mixer, say the traktor kontroller S2 by native instruments. Would this have it own souncardbuilt in? Thus the one i'm getting now wouldn't be needed or would it still?

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 6:15 pm
Audio Interface = Sound Card. I already mentioned one. The Novation AudioHub.

Some Dj controllers come with one built in others don't. Beware a cheap controller that has a sound card over a more expensive one that doesn't. The sound card will be of poor quality.

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 10:44 pm

Yeah i know. Somebody put a link up and i saw a audio interface by behringer at £29 on amazon but the other guy helping me said you're looking at £80 for a souncard for quality.

So that behringer one isn't going to be good enough? Only £80 + ones also same with headphones?

As ive said - with a mixer like a traktor S2 that as a souncard built in doesn it so i wouldnt need to buy an extra souncard to connect it to my laptop?

Basically to begin with - i want a decent soundcard so i can que up tracks and some deent headphones to go with it.
I'm new to this and dont want to spend loads as i'm a beginner so best prices for decent stuff for now and progress with the mixer such as traktor S2 kontroller when more experienced.

So whats your reccomendations guys?

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 10:53 pm

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 10:55 pm

Can't find out what i'm after on there.
what about a souncard off amazon someone sent a link but i was told £80 plus.
So anything on amazon you can recccomened same with headphones?

Thanks

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 11:03 pm
I find it strange that you are prepared to spend £300 on a controller (that you've said 8 times already in this thread) yet for an audio interface you think £5.99 is a suitable amount to spend.

As already mentioned, it is possible to use some cheap piece of garbage interface that'll be broken in a week, but it would be a better investment and give you better results if you spent a reasonable amount on something designed for the job (a DJ audio interface).

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 11:04 pm

Haha.

So on the link i was given previously there was this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA202-U-Control-low-latency-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_17?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1483054617&sr=1-17&keywords=audio+interface

Reason i didnt want to spend loads on this is because i will get a controller...better be the one i've mentioned 8 times now but not yet as i'll also need to pay for the licence to play it on here.

So the plan was something like the above price range for the audio interface and just get into que'ing up the track etc and then after that get the controller.
I understand the quality but i don't want to spend loads yet so if that one above is good i'll go for it or something in a similar price range.

Cheers

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 11:45 pm
I give up

geposted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 12:19 am
Dean Brabazon wrote :

Can't find out what i'm after on there.
Thanks

Lol... The Novation Audio hub is what that behringer is but infinitely better. Unfortunatly you have just missed out on the sale where it was £80 from retailers. It can still be got at that price on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Focusrite-Novation-Audiohub-2x4-Audio-Interface-Integrated-USB-Hub-/132039636890?hash=item1ebe2cf79a:g:KCgAAOSwJ7RYWFAx

Not only do you get an extra 3 USB ports to plug in any random controllers you pick up, which can be used to trigger loads of features in VDJ. Things like this... https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/V2NANOPADWHITE/control-surfaces/korg-nanopad2-in-white?LGWCODE=V2NANOPADWHITE;56375;6335&gclid=CJWLnom8m9ECFQ4R0wodY7QBaw

and this

http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Akai-LPD8-Portable-Production-Pad/BPW?origin=product-ads&campaign=PLA+Shop+-+GENERIC&adgroup=GENERIC&medium=vertical_search&network=google&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=15188d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=117652092079&gclid=CKaDxcG8m9ECFQ4R0wod9skBNQ
You also get STUDIO grade digital to analogue converters, with one hell of a headphone amp and the ability to individually control the volume of each output via the unit itself. Not to mention the super fast latency and well wrote asio drivers.

Do you think that wire on the Behringer is going to last very long?

geposted Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 8:32 am

Thanks.

So thats the audio interface to go for then. Sounds good.
I read it's goes super loud well as said i've got neigbours next door and below who are old and like the quiet life so i dont want it really loud. Only something i can hear and them not much at all.

Would i need to buy any leads to connect it to my laptop or anything else? I heard something about rca cables. Do i need any of these for it?

Whats the audio interface like on the traktor S2 controller? Better than this novation audio hub?
So say i get this audio interface and then i get the mixer how do you use this novation one instead of the built in one on the mixer? As will only need the one won't i.

Thanks

geposted Sat 07 Jan 17 @ 11:40 pm

As said, next door and below me i have elderly neigbours an they dont like to hear the music so of course yeah i want good sound but i also want something small like desktop speakers that aren't really loud but still decent quality.

I've seen these and they look ideal...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001IZZ2PE/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

With setting it up with a controller, would i plug these speakers into my laptop as they say or would i plug them into the mixer? And if i do that, is there any leads/cables etc i'd need to do this?

Thanks

geposted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 7:10 pm

Can i use these two sets of speakers on my controller (usb lead?) or do you plug them into the laptop?

Creative Gigaworks T20

Creative Inspire T10 multimedia speakers

They are for home use and i think another user on here has them for home use.
Seem a good size and not to loud but decent quality for listening while mixing.

geposted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 4:43 pm

come on guys can i use these speakers on with a controller at home - do you have to insert them into controller or laptop?

geposted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 10:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
dean this is like pulling teeth, it's just not that difficult.

geposted Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 11:32 pm
Guitar Center has used NI DVS capable soundcards for 50-70$. If you sell it later you can probably get what you payed for it. I just got an Audio 6 DJ this way. I always check there before Ebay as the prices tend to be lower, the shipping is usually 10$ and you can return it to a local store if you need to.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 3:56 am
He's in the UK. Shipping from the US plus customs fees would eat into any saving.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 5:43 pm
Isn't there a sort of "ye olde guitar centre" over there somewhere? :)

geposted Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 3:07 am
Yes there are still a handful of retail outlets selling suitable hardware, but I'm not sure if the OP could work out how to use one on his own. :-)

geposted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 6:28 pm
OdiagaHome userMember since 2017
what are the steps followed playing the virtual DJ through laptops

geposted Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 2:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)